PDA

View Full Version : Original or China ETL programmer

Hagelin
17th November, 2009, 11:48 PM
Hi,

Sold my old genuine ETL 908 programmer as it was the parallel port version and i wanted to replace it with the serial port one. I can get a china clone for less than half price of the genuine one but was wondering if the chinease clone works as well as the original, haveing used etl programmer?s for close to 10 years i know they are a bit iratic.

Cheers

squirrelbandy
18th November, 2009, 12:11 AM
chinese product is ok , but the soldered joints arnt very neat or good .
buy genuine as this will be updateable in the future and cloned 1s will not.
i think the copys are about ?120 delivered , so if thats half price of genuine then buy genuine .
thats my thoughts any way.
HTH

PremierD
18th November, 2009, 10:59 AM
Hi,

Sold my old genuine ETL 908 programmer as it was the parallel port version and i wanted to replace it with the serial port one. I can get a china clone for less than half price of the genuine one but was wondering if the chinease clone works as well as the original, haveing used etl programmer?s for close to 10 years i know they are a bit iratic.

Cheers

Don't skimp on this one mate..You won't buy a better one ...I still have All the original programmers from ETL and without exception they all still work....

designer79
19th November, 2009, 09:45 AM
Paralel port programer work more faster then
serial.

3axap
19th November, 2009, 10:57 PM
ETL - UPA they are all cheap and good programmers.
Always original :)

BTW the clone ones from China works good

Hagelin
20th November, 2009, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the reply?s you have given me the information i needed to make my decision.
The reason i wanted the serial programmer was to avoid the compatibility issues the etl lpt port programmer?s always seem to have, be nice to use the programmer on my choice of pc rather than the only one i can find that it will work with!

Cheers

pdisavino
13th December, 2017, 08:12 PM
china is good