PDA

View Full Version : Peugeot 307 2.0 BSI - help request

erick3.14
18th November, 2009, 03:40 AM
guys,

i'm a newbie in this site. I have read a lot of information in this site and did some search. However I don't understand so much.

My issue is : I have a 206 but I did an engine swap and installed a 307 2.0 16v engine including all the electrical part (loom + ECU + BSM + BSI). My 206 is working fine, except that the speedometer doesn't work. RPM and lights are fine.

After investigation with my mechanic who did the job we found out that the speedometer relies on the ABS system: abs sensor sends wheel speed information into ABS ecu and this one sends to the BSI who calculates to the speedometer.

However my car has no ABS system. And I didn't plan ($$) to buy the complete ABS system to swap into the 206.

The question and investigation is : is there any way to reprogram the BSI or any special way in the BSI in order to use regular Vehicle Speed Sensor (from 206) in the 307 BSI ?

If necessary I can provide you the VIN from where the 307 2.0 16v BSI came from.

Please help me with this.

My car is already 2 weeks with the mechanic and that is the only part missing to complete the swap process. All mechanic is ok.

As far as I could see , you guys here can read and reprogram the BSI. If that is possible somehow, please let me know.

Besides the speedo issue I also have 2 other issues that you may help:
- my car has no airbag, so there is a message in the car computer / center clock. Any way to disable this airbag check and error ?
- my car has the external temperature probe but doesn't show the temperature in the centre clock/computer. The 307 relies on the temperature probe but mux the signal to the BSI. It seems that the 206 temp probe is different from the 307. Can I setup the BSI to properly ready the temperature?

Thanks

ERICK

erick3.14
19th November, 2009, 10:27 PM
do I need to give any special data, such as VIN or BSI identification (label model and number) so anyone can help me?

regards

Babanovski
23rd November, 2009, 11:41 PM
I'm sure you can do it with reprogramming bsi and using speed sender from gearbox.

tordu
25th November, 2009, 12:22 PM
sure you didn't change the dash of 206, you can use the old cable that is normally connected to gear box or front wheel;

for airbag, tempterature, you need Lexia Interface to fix that

cristec
25th November, 2009, 06:04 PM
I think they have moved on a bit since those days.

erick3.14
17th December, 2009, 07:46 PM
sure you didn't change the dash of 206, you can use the old cable that is normally connected to gear box or front wheel;
for airbag, tempterature, you need Lexia Interface to fix that
Tordu,
does it mean that I can use the 307 ECU+ BSI and use a regular 206 dashboard? Using the diag software from Peugeot/Citroen we can verify and there is no speed information in the system.

What we did so far:
- all the loom installed came from a 307 2.0 which has swapped and adapted to my 206;
- 307 ECU + BSI + dashboard: works fine, except speedometer has no speed, and STOP light is blinking and the warning light for the handbrake doesn't work at all
- Xsara Picasso ECU + BSI + 307 dashboard: works fine, except the speedometer. In this case, STOP light and handbrake works fine. But the computer/clock/trip meter doesn't work with steering control module (all I have is date/time)

- can I use the 307 ECU+BSI and keep the 206 dashboard? Should it work fine?

It seems that the BSI relies on the ABS ECU information to send the speed info to the dashboard.

I also have a Xsara Picasso digital dashboard for test purposes. But since I don't have any schematics for the pinout, I'm not sure which pins I should change to try to have the Xsara Picasso dashboard working for tests. That would be necessary because the dashboard connector for 307 and 206 are the same, but from Xsara Picasso it is different.

Here is the info from the cars :
307 ECU+BSI+dashboard = VIN: 34 014 564
Xsara Picasso ECU+bsi+dashboard = VIN: 5B 505 147

I'm also a newbie to this issue. Is there any application/software you would recommend me to have in order to study or get all the wiring information? I would like to have the pinout for the dashboard of the 307 and Xsara Picasso.

I think they have moved on a bit since those days.

I'm sure you can do it with reprogramming bsi and using speed sender from gearbox.
Babanovski, Any idea how to do that? how to reprogram the BSI for that purpose? Who can help me to decode the program the properly program it back ? If we can do that,I believe I can use the 307 base BSI program and just disable the ABS and have the speedometer info going to the dashboard.

erick3.14
17th December, 2009, 07:55 PM
by the way , my mechanic wants me to buy the whole ABS system (ABS ECU, bearings, speed sensor, loom) so we can install it into the car.

But it is too much $$$. I don't want an ABS into the car, since it is not original.

All I want is just to finish the swap and have the speedometer properly working. So , no intention to install the whole ABS system.

erick3.14
17th December, 2009, 07:58 PM
another idea:

is it possible to have a 307 ECU working with the Xsara Picasso BSI ? I don't think so, but maybe an im*o BSI could do that.

If that would be possible, I could have the speedometer working properly, since the whole speedometer+ecu+bsi for the Xsara Picasso works fine without ABS system. And at engine side, I could have a better spec (307 ECU gets more performance from engine than the Xsara Picasso).

Meat-Head
17th December, 2009, 08:22 PM
by the way , my mechanic wants me to buy the whole ABS system (ABS ECU, bearings, speed sensor, loom) so we can install it into the car.

But it is too much $$$. I don't want an ABS into the car, since it is not original.

All I want is just to finish the swap and have the speedometer properly working. So , no intention to install the whole ABS system.

I agree with the manic friend of yours, you took the time and money to do the job, will be pished if a tree on wrong side of road with no lights on hits you, because you no abs it.

erick3.14
17th December, 2009, 08:28 PM
I agree with the manic friend of yours, you took the time and money to do the job, will be pished if a tree on wrong side of road with no lights on hits you, because you no abs it.

yes, I got the point. if the $$ allows me, I will do the ABS in the future. But as something immediate, I would like to have the speedometer working. My original project was just to swap the 2.0 engine, since I'm not confident if an ABS swap would work fine or not.

hamza338
18th December, 2009, 01:37 AM
you can disable the ABS from bsi by PP2000 and your speedometer work

erick3.14
18th December, 2009, 11:41 AM
you can disable the ABS from bsi by PP2000 and your speedometer work

Hamza,
we used PPS2000 and unfortunatelly this model/year has only the option to work with the ABS.

I have the BSI from the Xsara Picasso (same EW10 engine) and we can disable that. But for the 307 SW , there is no option to disable via PPS.

I talked to the Peugeot dealer and they confirmed that the bsi relies on the ABS info to properly feed the speedometer.

Any other suggestion?

erick3.14
7th May, 2010, 02:23 PM
any update? can anyone help?
I still have the same issue: running the car without any speed info in the dash. I have rpm, fuel level, oil level, temp and all lights fine. Just have the STOP light on all the way because there is no ABS and that causes an alarm...
let me know if anyone can help me on that. In the last months I tried to find the ABS ECU , but I always find different models which according Peugeot dealers it would not work because they might not be compatible... so spending the $$ just to try is not possible.