PDA

View Full Version : BMW E65 instrument cluster problem

gwynn168
19th June, 2018, 12:41 PM
Hi guys! i have a problem with my instrument cluster, i bought a used cluster from ebay and took it to a "programmer" and i think he broke it, the 1st time i got back my cluster, he said he just copy my correct mileage and vin, so when i put it back in my car, everything waa ok until a few days after, dash displays 999,999, so i sent it back again, the 2nd time i got it, he said he put it back in "virgin" state, when i connect it to my car, it shows speedometer display fault and the tachometer doesnt move anymore, but when i test my tachometer using INPA, the needle still move, so how can i fix this? what tools should i need? can i use the mileage correction tool from china??

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

baze007
19th June, 2018, 08:51 PM
Copy eeprom 35080 from orginal to donor(ebay)cluster if you have same hw number like a orginal and use ncs expert to coding instrument and cid display

gwynn168
19th June, 2018, 09:07 PM
that is 1 of the problem, the original eeprom is not working, i think the programmer destroyed it, he said cannot read any data from the old cluster anymore

Cllau
20th June, 2018, 09:58 AM
there is a good dump from E65........:wink:

gwynn168
20th June, 2018, 07:29 PM
Hi Cllau!

i'm sorry for asking this but how do I copy dump files to my cluster? can i do that with a k+dcan cable? if not, what can you suggest to use? and how do i change the mileage and vin? and lastly, how can i check my real mileage? thank you!

baze007
20th June, 2018, 11:48 PM
Hi Cllau!

i'm sorry for asking this but how do I copy dump files to my cluster? can i do that with a k+dcan cable? if not, what can you suggest to use? and how do i change the mileage and vin? and lastly, how can i check my real mileage? thank you!

not possible with d+can cable only with programmer ......r270 or other good programmer for 35080vp6

gwynn168
21st June, 2018, 02:42 AM
Do i have to desolder the chip? and about r270, can you recommend a site selling it? i saw some in aliexpress but i feel doubtful, and how do i get my real mileage?

Ocin
21st June, 2018, 04:48 PM
desolder chip and write Cllau file in new m35080, no need buy r270

gwynn168
22nd June, 2018, 07:34 PM
sorry for asking this, i dont know a thing about writing files to the chip, what tools do i need? are there any step by step guide for writing files to the chip?

letalcrudo
22nd June, 2018, 08:40 PM
sorry for asking this, i dont know a thing about writing files to the chip, what tools do i need? are there any step by step guide for writing files to the chip?

start buying original UPAS programmer. visit elrasoft website. then you should watch some videos to understand the procedure.

vasa
22nd June, 2018, 08:58 PM
if you don't know how with 35080 Eeprom etc. programmer I think you are in another game .

gwynn168
25th June, 2018, 04:19 AM
thank you for all the help guys! i will try to read up more about eeprom programming, and in the mean time, i already ordered a r270 from aliexpress, hope this will go well

BobbySD
14th August, 2019, 01:22 PM
Hi there, only short question, can eeprom sw change something for user? I used this eep sw for 745i cluster and worked OK but when turning on ACC it shows speed in mph instead of kph. Dont know why because everything is coded for kph (checked). Also warm up status at rpm gauge is gone. I dont know if this is display issue or it could be done by this eep sw. I get cluster untested and it was without eeprom so I dont really know what sw version should be there.

Thanks for suggestions

juicewashere
22nd January, 2022, 06:45 AM
Hi folks, how can i download this eeprom file? Because looks like i dont have access even loggd in

happiest
27th January, 2022, 12:45 PM
there is a good dump from E65........:wink:

I can't download the file
I am waiting for my account to be activated