PDA

View Full Version : philips radio

adam28
18th November, 2009, 10:26 AM
hello,

I got this philips radio. This is not that important.
Problem is, is that on MW works fine with the volume, but on FM you have to turn the volume up full blast just to even get a very very small amount of sound that you can hardly here.
Any ideas? anyone had this before. think its a 22rc200/65s dont have infront of me at moment. Its only an old thing out of a peugeot.

Cheers for any comments

BR Adam

PremierD
18th November, 2009, 10:53 AM
hello,

I got this philips radio. This is not that important.
Problem is, is that on MW works fine with the volume, but on FM you have to turn the volume up full blast just to even get a very very small amount of sound that you can hardly here.
Any ideas? anyone had this before. think its a 22rc200/65s dont have infront of me at moment. Its only an old thing out of a peugeot.

Cheers for any comments

BR Adam

Tuner Can is Fcuked mate .....Never had much success in repairing Them ...Bin it...:flowers:

adam28
18th November, 2009, 12:06 PM
Tuner Can is Fcuked mate .....Never had much success in repairing Them ...Bin it...:flowers:

Out of interest mate what is the procedure for trying to fix this problem. I know its not worth bothering with mate, but i dont mind ~~~~ing about in me spare time.
Its out of another one of the cars me bro is selling,get alot of peugeots shite so if i manage to sort it, its an extra beer for me on friday!

Cheers geez

PremierD
18th November, 2009, 02:51 PM
Out of interest mate what is the procedure for trying to fix this problem. I know its not worth bothering with mate, but i dont mind ~~~~ing about in me spare time.
Its out of another one of the cars me bro is selling,get alot of peugeots shite so if i manage to sort it, its an extra beer for me on friday!

Cheers geez

Two choices mate ... Unsolder the Tuner from another radio ... or Adjust the trimmers on the Can..( small square objects with a tiny screwdriver slot)... Dont know what one..does the FM though...(probably why I aint had much luck eh!)

adam28
18th November, 2009, 07:51 PM
Two choices mate ... Unsolder the Tuner from another radio ... or Adjust the trimmers on the Can..( small square objects with a tiny screwdriver slot)... Dont know what one..does the FM though...(probably why I aint had much luck eh!)

Is the tuner the small mcu on the face panel of the radio.

Thanks mate

PremierD
18th November, 2009, 08:18 PM
Is the tuner the small mcu on the face panel of the radio.

Thanks mate

Nope ..It's the Bit that the aerial connects to mate... Follow inboard from the aerial socket ...it's a self contained PCB...You can't miss it

cristec
18th November, 2009, 08:19 PM
Hi adam the tuner is a metal encased box usually very close to the aerial socket, never had much luck repairing them, as Premierd suggested best bet is to swap one from another radio, that's if you have another.

HTH

Meat-Head
18th November, 2009, 08:29 PM
"varicap diodes" is todays word of the day

If you turn the screws, you will can end up 'killing the radio-star"
worth just checking for cracks in the solder around the tuner, which will either be a varing voltage to tune or a digital data pulse, work on the teory if you can't fix in 20 mins, you cant, just fill it with brake cleaner, thinners etc, breathe the fumes in, then light with a match, good stuff

maxx+
1st December, 2009, 02:34 PM
Does someone have a decoder for philips radios (opel)?

PremierD
1st December, 2009, 02:38 PM
Does someone have a decoder for philips radios (opel)?

Did you try the SEARCH button mate......?

Jose19
1st December, 2009, 02:51 PM
Did you try the SEARCH button mate......?
Hi

Some people even know what that word means,
just limited to ask,ask ....

Jose

maxx+
1st December, 2009, 03:01 PM
I searched the forum but i found only dump readers .

Jose19
1st December, 2009, 05:40 PM
I searched the forum but i found only dump readers .
So, make a re-search, it?s here...

Jose