PDA

View Full Version : dreambox stays on

srikantgs
18th November, 2009, 01:22 PM
I have two dreambox 500c connected to virgin cable, both were working fine suddenly a copule of weeks before one of them stop working, stays at one channel(working), not responding to remote at all, tried other dreambox remote no joy.

Then searched in this form and try re-flash and took backup image of working dreambox by using dreamup software and serial cable, it backed up completely and connected other dreambox and restored it, no joy. Now this time i cannot switch off directly from box it stays on static green light, no blinking as well. The display on tv shows DK logo image and then want me to select pal or ntsc but remote not responding at all, do not know what to do. Please help me as am not good in these things, everything i learned from this web site.

Note: Tried both remote with working box its perfectly fine.no battery issue, no remote issue. tried open the box and plug & unplug the cable for remote sensor.
:sheep:
thanks

Bonesy
18th November, 2009, 01:35 PM
ok, the problem is obvioully with your remote sesonr inside the box.
Open it up and check and make sure the cable running from mother board to the remote sesor hasnt come loose and is plugged in correctly.

If that still doesnt fix it then to be sure, you can open the working box, unplug the same in the working box and plug it into your "faulty" box..then test that remote sensor. If it then works then your 100% sure you remote sesor is gone and need replaced.

srikantgs
18th November, 2009, 01:38 PM
Well i will try when i reach home, but where can i get remote sensor one.

thanks

Bonesy
18th November, 2009, 01:46 PM
dont know anywhere you can buy a reote sensor if your is broken.

lets just hope your cable has come loose :)

srikantgs
19th November, 2009, 12:40 AM
hi
well i was reluctant to open the working box , eventually i opened it and change the sensor ribbon cable as it is, but bad luck no joy in dreambox stays in grean light, then i decided to through it away, but before that i wanted see how the sensor look like, open everything and try to push the cable connector part and bit squeezed , there was a small rectangular sponge which supports IR movid left to right and connected everything back. I cant believe remote was working perfectly fine, i was really happy. Restore image from working box but i can see only FTA channels not paid one. well i can do upto flash image but no idea about keys evocamd or key list. If somone explain me how to go about it, rest i will do myself.

hey thanks again getting my remote working.

Bonesy
19th November, 2009, 02:16 PM
its a common problem with remote sensors:)

You need to flash dk image on box and then ftp roms files will get you all channels etc.. read here

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f34/guide-flashing-dreambox-dreamup-33/

srikantgs
19th November, 2009, 04:51 PM
hi
ftp roms files means bin files ?

You want me to copy the bin files and save it in folders and connect other dm box and transfer on the same location.

srikantgs
19th November, 2009, 11:16 PM
hi

At last my box is working after installing keys and roms through ftp from other box, restarted several times.

thanks for your support and really appreciate digital kaos websupport.