PDA

View Full Version : TD5 maf trouble after tune

kennyash1
28th June, 2018, 12:00 AM
Hello

My friend has a defender and it has this jerking motion restriction for a few ones when started then clears until restart like cutting power. when maf is unplugged this does not happen? this only appeared after the ecu was sent off after a remap.

what could be issue?

mexanico1971
28th June, 2018, 12:15 AM
If you want help , don"t be lazy
put the ori file

DeSSeD
28th June, 2018, 01:29 AM
I THINK IN THE TUNING HE TOUCHED IN OTHER MAP . CAN YOU POST ORIGINAL MAP

astrasteve
9th July, 2018, 09:13 PM
the reason that this will happen after the maf is unplugged is that the maf controls the fuelling, once you unplug the maf the ecu resorts to a default maf value to control fuelling
i will get my laptop out and check the attachment that you have posted

astrasteve
9th July, 2018, 09:26 PM
The file has some erm............interesting changes.
Have you tested the maf for correct operation with a multi meter or diagnostic equip?

PsiDOC
10th July, 2018, 04:26 PM
the reason that this will happen after the maf is unplugged is that the maf controls the fuelling, once you unplug the maf the ecu resorts to a default maf value to control fuelling
i will get my laptop out and check the attachment that you have posted
Actually, no. In the early TD5 the fuelling strategy was MAP controlled. In the change to EU3 the fuelling strategy was changed to MAF control with a fallback to MAF control in the event of MAF failure in High Range, and MAP control in low range.
Am in work at the moment and can't download the file, however I'll have a look later when I get home.
I think I know what the issue is as I have seen this before.

PsiDOC
10th July, 2018, 06:20 PM
Had a look at the file. I have seen the tuned map it's based from before. I am not going to name names as that's not my style. Although someone had screwed with it to try and get a more out of it. The items screwed with are to do with the MAF temperature compensation and a couple of other bits which is why it's jumping around like a mad thing.
Ok, if you like I'll do you a proper remap for it, however what flash tool are you using? I have not seen an NNN500020 ecu file saved like this before (full 256k file with just the fuel map populated and byte flipped).
Psi