PDA

View Full Version : Audi Med17.5 stuck in boot mode,

Audipete
28th June, 2018, 07:19 PM
Hi there I have flashed an med17.5 ecu with Fgtechv54 but the ecu is stuck in boot mode, I can read and write ecu without the grey boot wire, but its stuck in this mode is there any way to get the ecu out of this programming mode?

Best Regards
Pete

dominik.m
28th June, 2018, 07:28 PM
Inside is TC1766?

Audipete
28th June, 2018, 07:38 PM
Hi there yes it has the TC1766 tricore, I needed the grey boot wire at first as it would not read the ecu, once I carefully soldered the wire onto the boot pad, I could read and write to the ecu, I tried the ecu on the car but it wouldn't start so I reconnected the fgtech but without the boot wire and it now still reads and writes to the ecu without the wire connected, I just don't know how to get the ecu out of this mode..

Regards
Pete

dominik.m
28th June, 2018, 07:43 PM
If connection is proper. You should read without problem.

Audipete
28th June, 2018, 08:34 PM
Hi I can read but, its stuck in boot mode.

morgano
28th June, 2018, 09:12 PM
Guess you fu-cked ecu while soldering the boot wire. Perpetual bootmode probably means the pin of the tricore processor was blown and sees everytime low state, thus jump into bootmode on power up.

Audipete
28th June, 2018, 09:16 PM
Well it must be the tool, as I use gas soldering iron so no voltage leakage and my soldering is very good, must be the Chinese Fgtech v54 crappy clone.. I thought it was the ecu at first, but I found another ecu and flashed over my eeprom file and this ecu has gone the same.

Can the grey wire of the fgtech damage the boot?

Both my ecu has now gone for repair..

Note to self don't buy cheap rubbish off ebay...