PDA

View Full Version : Advice for a newbie

sachin_tendulkar
26th August, 2008, 01:00 PM
Can someone please recommend a box that is good with s*y in the UK? How about where to buy from? I have heard about a lot of clone boxes, are these really as bad as they are made out to be?

.: JaCkPoT :.
26th August, 2008, 02:41 PM
there are no boxes which allow ssky cards apart from their ones. sky is not viewable for free! the only way to watch tese channels for free is to cardshare which i cant tell you about here. but for that you will need a receiver like the dreambox or innitative. alternatively you can get a cable box and hope for the best.

sachin_tendulkar
26th August, 2008, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the response. Which cable box is good and what do you mean, hope for the best?

I take it cable can be watched for free in the UK? If so, which image and CAMs is best with the recommended box?

krazylegz
26th August, 2008, 08:48 PM
hope for the best he means that hopefully it stays hacked for years to come, but it is rumoured that their deal with nagra1 is due to expire soon so they could get a stronger encryption, who knows?

if you want to legitimately pay for sky you get a free box from them

sachin_tendulkar
2nd September, 2008, 02:47 PM
Thank you for the response. I am looking to buy the Dreambox 500C. I want to do all my prep work beforehand. So, can someone please point me to the best image to use (I assume it will dk 1.1)? More importantly, what do I need to do to get all the channels? I apologise if this question can not be asked or answered, in which case please pm me the answer.

<--sachin_tendulkar added 38 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...-->

Sorry, wrong forum. Ignore my last mesage. I will post in the cable forum