PDA

View Full Version : One dish, 3 satellites??

sachin_tendulkar
26th August, 2008, 03:34 PM
Hi all

I am wondering if someone can help me. I have taken in a lot of information in the last few weeks. Some of it I have managed to understand. I am trying to find a way to get some free channels via satellite. I am fully aware it is not possible through S*y without CS and in either case, I am not really interested in CS anyway. Is the following possible :

1. Have one satellite dish and attach 3 TWIN (not dual LNBs. From what I can understand, dual only has one output and it needs to be controlled to watch only one satellite at a time. Whereas a twin has two independent LNBs that can be controlled separately)?
2. Each of the 3 LNBs points at a different satellite (Example, Astra 1, 2 and Hotbird)
3. The six outputs from the 3 LNBs go to a multiswitch that has a minimum of eight outputs
4. We have 4 rooms in the house and therefore each room takes two outputs from the multiswitch (for future purposes, this will allow us to watch one channel while recording another)

Is this a possible setup? The reason I haven't mentioned a motorised dish is so that each room can watch any of the channels from any of the three satellites without having to move the dish. How big does the dish need to be for it to house 3 twin LNBs? Are there any images/CAMs out there that allow you to watch channels for free from non s*y satellites without CS? I would guess this setup will still allow you to watch freesat via Astra 2 (same as s*y satellite). From what I have read, the dreambox will be able to control the multiswitch via Diseqc (i.e each room can have its own dreambox that can tune into any channel from the three satellites). Are there any other non s*y satellites that broadcast similar content (sports, films, etc) that can be gotten for free?

Any help will be great. If I am being a complete twit, feel free to say so and suggest alternative setup.

.: JaCkPoT :.
26th August, 2008, 04:18 PM
plz may you put all posts regarding this setup in one thread as this will make it easier for us to help. pleeeaaassee.
id personally go for 90cm or 3 dishes on a diseqc switch with twin lnb or quad lnb on the three dishes.(expensive but better for the rainy and low signal days). which sats are u looking for?

Devilfish
26th August, 2008, 04:19 PM
I have a motorised dish so I'm probably not the best person to answer but it may help so here goes...

You could get a 6 degree monoblock which would allow you to access two satellites at the same time using the one dish.

Lemon .2DB 6 Degree Twin OutputMonoblock LNB [lemtwinmono] - ?20.00 : Wizard Satellite, Satellite receivers, dishes, lnbs and equipment (http://d74402.u29.jswebconsole.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=212&zenid=4el48r0dddrstv4322ojujt9e5)

You could also get a multiblock which could hold more than one lnb.

Multi LNB Brackets : Wizard Satellite, Satellite receivers, dishes, lnbs and equipment (http://d74402.u29.jswebconsole.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=25_85&zenid=4el48r0dddrstv4322ojujt9e5)

As I said, I don't have much experience with this sort of thing but hope it helps.

Curious123
26th August, 2008, 04:55 PM
As you don't have any satellite experience I would advise buying an 80cm - 1m motorised dish and a dreambox. Once you have sufficient knowledge I would suggest you consider doing all your other rooms the way have enquired in your post.

sachin_tendulkar
26th August, 2008, 05:08 PM
I am looking for Astra 1 (19.2), 2 (28.2) and Hotbird (13).

<--sachin_tendulkar added 12 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...-->

Thanks Curious, but I am not planning on doing this myself. However, I do want to understand what is involved to make sure I am not ripped off, i.e not sold an expensive solution. Also, as cables will need to be routed through the house, it is best to make mess just once.

It is true that I am a newbie, hence the reason for asking this question. However, in my opinion it is better to try and understand all the possibilities first and then pick out the best one that is suitable for the situation, rather than picking one that is easier at the time and then go back and change it all once enough knowledge has been gained. I'd rather try and get it right first time AFTER having gained the necessary knowledge. That doesn't mean I will get it right, but it is worth trying.

26th August, 2008, 07:26 PM
oh thats easy, a sky zone 2 dish and quad lnb for 28.2, 80cm dish with a quad monoblock dedicated to 13e and 19.2.then your sorted although u may wanna look at 1w.

sachin_tendulkar
27th August, 2008, 10:01 AM
Does this mean that the dish pointing at 28.2 has 4 outputs, each can be routed to each of the 4 rooms? Then, there is another dish that is looking at the other two satellites and again it has 4 outputs that go to each room? This requires no multiswitches or anything. However, I am assuming it will be impossible to have the + functionality (watch one and record another). What is on 1W?

<--sachin_tendulkar added 11 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...-->

Also, if you have two different dishes, how do you take the output of the two and put it into one box? I understand that the monoblock LNB is controlled by diseqc, which the dreamboxes are able to do. Problem is how do you get one box to take two different inputs (one is controlled by diseqc and the other is straight connection)?

krazylegz
27th August, 2008, 01:30 PM
Does this mean that the dish pointing at 28.2 has 4 outputs, each can be routed to each of the 4 rooms? Then, there is another dish that is looking at the other two satellites and again it has 4 outputs that go to each room? This requires no multiswitches or anything. However, I am assuming it will be impossible to have the + functionality (watch one and record another). What is on 1W?

<--sachin_tendulkar added 11 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...-->

Also, if you have two different dishes, how do you take the output of the two and put it into one box? I understand that the monoblock LNB is controlled by diseqc, which the dreamboxes are able to do. Problem is how do you get one box to take two different inputs (one is controlled by diseqc and the other is straight connection)?

you will need the individual feeds to go into a diseqc switch or chop and change the input feeds manually.

digi tv is the hacked package on 1w which shows quite a bit epl footy at the min Hi m8,Cant remember TBH,but it was no more then 14 days.
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/digi.html

sachin_tendulkar
27th August, 2008, 02:42 PM
This may be stupid question, but if I put the Astra 2 into one port and the monoblock output into the other port of the Diseqc switch, it will give me an output for a single receiver. But then, how would the receiver choose between Astra 1 and Hotbird from the monoblock lnb? Or are you saying that I should have 3 separate dishes?

28th August, 2008, 01:03 AM
In the menu you set diseqc1.0 as 1 and diseqc as 2 considering that you have put the dishes in slot 1 and 2 on the switch. Remember you will need 4 of these switches. 1w has a host of english discovery and nat geo channels along with some sport channels which are very good for epl.

sachin_tendulkar
28th August, 2008, 09:29 AM
I have been looking at some of the manuals of the dreamboxes. In the setup of satellites, these manuals say that if you have two LNBs, you select Diseqc and then configure port A and port B as single satellite. In my case, port A will be Astra 2 and port B will have to be either Astra 1 or Hotbird. This is where I am getting lost. How does the receiver know it is a monoblock LNB and it is somehow supposed to signal for Astra 1 or Hotbird? Or are the manuals incomplete and there is an option other than a single satellite?

krazylegz
28th August, 2008, 11:15 AM
a monoblock acts as indivivual lnbs, but its not really.

it knows what satellite exactly the same way a motor does by what channel you select, if you select a channel on hotbird it will automaticly use the hotbird feed as it knows by the cahnnel details stored on the receiver, frequecy, pids etc

28th August, 2008, 11:29 PM
Very rare that i ask a satellite related question but Can somebody confirm that a monoblock is read as one lnb or is this a misunderstanding. This is no attempt to hijack but just thought this might also help the op.

krazylegz
29th August, 2008, 07:36 AM
afaik they are read as one....whatever satellite you're on then the switch automaticly switches it to the other lnb when you select a channel on the other satellite

29th August, 2008, 12:02 PM
afaik they are read as one....whatever satellite you're on then the switch automaticly switches it to the other lnb when you select a channel on the other satellite

Thanks alot as i have never had one but now i will be able to help in the future.

sachin_tendulkar
29th August, 2008, 03:56 PM
That is interesting. I didn't know that. Are you then configuring Port B just for your information (i.e you are selecting whether it is Astra 1 or Hotbird or does this config does actually matter)? When you do a scan on port B, I am assuming you will get all the Astra 1 channels as well as the Hotbird channels. Then depending on which channel you select, the monoblock switches to the relevant LNB. If that is the case, very smart.

29th August, 2008, 05:48 PM
That is interesting. I didn't know that. Are you then configuring Port B just for your information (i.e you are selecting whether it is Astra 1 or Hotbird or does this config does actually matter)? When you do a scan on port B, I am assuming you will get all the Astra 1 channels as well as the Hotbird channels. Then depending on which channel you select, the monoblock switches to the relevant LNB. If that is the case, very smart.

om my understanding thats true so now hopefully you have made your decison in what to do from this thread and fronm the support of the forum

sachin_tendulkar
4th September, 2008, 12:51 PM
Thank you all for your responses. It makes hell of a lot of sense now on how the monoblock LNB works. I will look at this setup in a more detail later as I understand the basics now.

djpopeye1971
21st February, 2013, 12:26 AM
3 sats on one dish zone 2 got 28.2 19.2 and 13.0 east can get nove but not jsc sports anyone got any ideas why could do with the help

rigsby71
21st February, 2013, 12:32 AM
3 sats on one dish zone 2 got 28.2 19.2 and 13.0 east can get nove but not jsc sports anyone got any ideas why could do with the help

A bigger dish

djpopeye1971
21st February, 2013, 12:35 AM
i been told its ok the one i have i live in the north west

ramjet
21st February, 2013, 12:40 AM
i been told its ok the one i have i live in the north west

if nova is good signal and quality then there should be no problems getting jsc, just ensure you have some skew on the lnb

jsc ok on transponder 11296 H s/r 27500

djpopeye1971
21st February, 2013, 12:43 AM
s is 83% q 47%

ramjet
21st February, 2013, 12:44 AM
s is 83% q 47%

there is your problem then, its half what it should be

djpopeye1971
21st February, 2013, 12:48 AM
any ideas how to get it up 28 and 19 are fine am a bit new to this mate

ramjet
21st February, 2013, 12:57 AM
any ideas how to get it up 28 and 19 are fine am a bit new to this mate

needs adjusting up-down-left-right until you get about 80% to 90% quality, not 45%

also depends if you used it as prime focus or not ?

djpopeye1971
21st February, 2013, 01:02 AM
i used 19.2 as the main

ramjet
21st February, 2013, 01:04 AM
i used 19.2 as the main

thats probably why then, as 13e may have been a better focus

so you have to move the hotbird lnb until you get over 65% quality and aim for about 80% or more, and that may mean it needs to go higher or lower, never mind left or right, and skewed partly clockwise too

the lnb rack will be angled to take account of this but may need a greater or lesser angle

djpopeye1971
21st February, 2013, 01:08 AM
i try moving it up and down see what i get cheers mat

djpopeye1971
21st February, 2013, 01:20 AM
which is the weakest nova channel

djpopeye1971
21st February, 2013, 01:42 AM
76% q still no jsc

digicon
21st February, 2013, 01:52 AM
Just curious as to the types of LNB used on the Zone 2 dish, did you use Sky Quad LNB's or just standard one's

djpopeye1971
21st February, 2013, 02:05 AM
using inverto ones

digicon
21st February, 2013, 02:16 AM
using inverto ones

If your using the inverto's did you extend the length of the Zone 2 LNB arm as this is required if using standard LNB's as the arm in its current state is made for the Official Sky Quads there feedhorn and focal point are shaped differently to maximise the shortness of the LNB arm and the Oval (Egg Shape) of the dish.

I have the same setup but i use the quads which are ideal for the dish in an un-modified state, i have 19.2? east as the main focus with both 13? east and 28.2? east as the offsets and i receive all 3 no problem.

The problem you may encounter is in severe weather, i have zero problems with both the 19.2? and 28.2? east but i do lose some of the Italy transponders but have never lost the JSC ones

Regards

djpopeye1971
21st February, 2013, 02:25 AM
i have a bracket which sits with the sky one and bolt the other 2 in i can get all italian but problems with jsc

digicon
21st February, 2013, 02:28 AM
i have a bracket which sits with the sky one and bolt the other 2 in i can get all italian but problems with jsc

Do you have another LNB you can try, or even swap the one over from the 28.2? east feed for the 13? east feed.

djpopeye1971
21st February, 2013, 02:30 AM
all working lnbs am in the north west i am wondering would i need a 80 cm dish

digicon
21st February, 2013, 02:36 AM
all working lnbs am in the north west i am wondering would i need a 80 cm dish

I am in the same area my friend and i receive everything on those 3 birds the only difference is i have used the Official Product LNB's and you have 1 official and 2 after market so to speak

djpopeye1971
21st February, 2013, 02:54 AM
i had them all working b 4 just cant understand now

djpopeye1971
21st February, 2013, 03:00 AM
by the way i got it 7 feet in the air on speaker stand to set up you think that may be a problem

ramjet
21st February, 2013, 09:44 AM
by the way i got it 7 feet in the air on speaker stand to set up you think that may be a problem

height off the ground has no relevance, all it has to have is clear line of sight from the satellites and can be at ground level or fifty feet in the air

the length of the lnb arm has relevance and may need to be extended to get all 3 in focus, or use a larger dish which will have a longer lnb arm anyway as well as a greater surface area

it could be an lnb fault too as all the channels seen in the uk have strong signals from hotbird

djpopeye1971
21st February, 2013, 01:12 PM
just seems to be jsc i cant get all others are fine thanks for your help i give it one last try

mdt
21st February, 2013, 02:14 PM
just seems to be jsc i cant get all others are fine thanks for your help i give it one last try

you say your getting 76sq on hotbird which transponder is that on?
jsc is on 11.296.h.27500 change the transponder on the meter or stb to 11.296.h.27500 then do a re-scan on that freq to see what happens. regards mdt

djpopeye1971
21st February, 2013, 03:54 PM
cant change it i think i may need a 80 cm dish

digicon
21st February, 2013, 04:01 PM
This is quite strange as previously you said you had the Italian channels no problem can you also get the HD on 13? east as the DVB-S2 TP's are slightly weaker than there SD counterpart

djpopeye1971
21st February, 2013, 07:39 PM
strange am ripping my hair out s83 q76 on nova sports 1 still no jsc great on 19.2 and 28.2 i check the elevation set to around 25/26 still no jsc

djpopeye1971
21st February, 2013, 08:20 PM
do i set the elevation to 25/26 or some other degree

digicon
21st February, 2013, 08:23 PM
do i set the elevation to 25/26 or some other degree

The elevation is set on your main focus feed which at present is 19.2? east, on your offsets you adjust with the what i call see saw where as 13 will be slightly higher than 19 also keep an eye on the Skew adjustment

djpopeye1971
21st February, 2013, 08:44 PM
is there a certain lnb to use

digicon
21st February, 2013, 08:52 PM
is there a certain lnb to use

Have you checked for any local interference not only outside but inside as well such as baby monitor, DECT phone etc... near the receiver

djpopeye1971
22nd February, 2013, 12:24 AM
done everything mate still the same someone said 13.0E should be above 19.2 but some pictures show it below

digicon
22nd February, 2013, 01:10 AM
done everything mate still the same someone said 13.0E should be above 19.2 but some pictures show it below

Thats what i expressed in my previous post that 13? east is slightly higher

djpopeye1971
22nd February, 2013, 01:32 AM
tried that mate still no joy theres nothing stopping the line off view at all just let me get this right from a front view 19.2 middle 28.2 to the left and 13.0 to the right am i working it right

digicon
22nd February, 2013, 01:52 AM
tried that mate still no joy theres nothing stopping the line off view at all just let me get this right from a front view 19.2 middle 28.2 to the left and 13.0 to the right am i working it right

Hi Mate,

It must be the medication i am on LOL i gave the wrong advice half asleep so to speak, So as your looking at the dish from the front 28.2? east to the left Quite High and to the Right 13? east Quite Low. Apologies for that i am ashamed of myself LOL

digicon
22nd February, 2013, 01:59 AM
This is easier

djpopeye1971
22nd February, 2013, 02:00 AM
if i look to at the sats and behind the dish would it be worth trying 28.2 to the left and 13.0 to the right off 19.3 e this is really getting to me now send me some medication lol there just no decent pictures

djpopeye1971
22nd February, 2013, 02:28 AM
thats how i got it still not joy with jsc i was going to try revesre it and put looking at the dish 28.2 to the right and 13.0 to the left off 19.2 see if that works i tried everything

ramjet
22nd February, 2013, 02:31 AM
needs to be like the picture in post 55

digicon
22nd February, 2013, 02:31 AM
How it is in the Photo is correct as thats mine and its working, where about's are you in the North West perhaps a member from here may be near by and could give you a lift/Fresh perspective so to speak

djpopeye1971
22nd February, 2013, 02:38 AM
manchester mate i just get pic for you

digicon
22nd February, 2013, 02:40 AM
manchester mate i just get pic for you

In what area of manchester

djpopeye1971
22nd February, 2013, 02:42 AM
stretford mate

djpopeye1971
22nd February, 2013, 02:43 AM
how can i send you picture

digicon
22nd February, 2013, 02:45 AM
how can i send you picture

Just upload it to the thread here

djpopeye1971
22nd February, 2013, 02:59 AM
there hooray

djpopeye1971
22nd February, 2013, 03:00 AM
done it hooray lol

djpopeye1971
22nd February, 2013, 11:36 PM
can anyone help yes or no

ramjet
23rd February, 2013, 03:23 PM
as myself and others mentioned earlier, try extending the arm to get a better focus

djpopeye1971
23rd February, 2013, 06:34 PM
done it mate 80 cm dish long arm inverto dish still no joy but i cant understand why 28.2 e looking from the back is on the right

ramjet
23rd February, 2013, 07:33 PM
done it mate 80 cm dish long arm inverto dish still no joy but i cant understand why 28.2 e looking from the back is on the right

because the satellite is on the left when looking from the rear of the dish , the signal hits the back of your dish and is reflected off to the right, so the lnb collector has to be on the right to receive it (looking from the rear of the dish)

its like kicking a ball at an angle against a wall, it bounces off the wall away from the kicker at an angle so would need a receiver (goalie) placed at an angle too

its a bit like those early consoles where you play tennis with bats and a ball

djpopeye1971
23rd February, 2013, 08:31 PM
ramjet very well explained imao here i just have to keep trying to get it right would it be easier to try set the dish to 13.0 east

digicon
23rd February, 2013, 08:46 PM
ramjet very well explained imao here i just have to keep trying to get it right would it be easier to try set the dish to 13.0 east

Just be warned if you do align the main focal point to 13? east the you will start struggling with 28.2? east as the span increases from a mere 9? to 15? if you where using a 1m dish this would accept the larger span due to the dishes larger surface area.

At present with 19.2? east being the focal point you have roughly the same span between 13? and 28.2? of around 6.5?

Regards

djpopeye1971
24th February, 2013, 04:42 AM
digicon really cant understand why i cant get jsc i was wondering weather it was due to me setting it up on ground level about 7 feet in the air

bj1
24th February, 2013, 12:09 PM
digicon really cant understand why i cant get jsc i was wondering weather it was due to me setting it up on ground level about 7 feet in the air

Why don't you try a single LNB set up on same dish on hotbird,
Then you will know if it is your set up or not,
If you still have the same problem with jsc then you can focus on rectifying that problem, if you are picking up jsc on a single LNB set up then you will know where your problem lies.

If you have a good satellite meter you should have no problem picking up these 3 sats,
But if you are using one of the cheap meters you may never get this set up bang on.

djpopeye1971
24th February, 2013, 05:44 PM
using wolsey sat meter and think i try that way let you know tomorrow

djpopeye1971
25th February, 2013, 03:27 PM
still no joy can lock on to the sat with no problem still cant get picture quality at all nothing in the way lnbs work fine

bj1
25th February, 2013, 04:07 PM
So you were set up on 3 sats correct,
Check your LNB settings are correct,
Check or try new cable,
Check all connections
Bypass disesq switch as this could be faulty
Your signal on hotbird should be very good with a 60cm dish or above

If you tried locking on to hotbird on a single LNB set up did you adjust your box LNB settings,
And did you bypass the dis esq switch if you did then it must be your cable or poor connections or even a dodgey tuner in your box

djpopeye1971
25th February, 2013, 07:51 PM
he he right i had to bend the bracket inwards for 13.0 so now can get 13.0 and 19.2 now cant get 28.2 i am really thinking its something to do with the bracket anyone got the same as i am trying to do can you tell me where you got your bracket

digicon
25th February, 2013, 07:55 PM
he he right i had to bend the bracket inwards for 13.0 so now can get 13.0 and 19.2 now cant get 28.2 i am really thinking its something to do with the bracket anyone got the same as i am trying to do can you tell me where you got your bracket

Hi Mate if you look at my post with the Zone 2 on the chimney i have the same bracket and mine works so its not a bracket problem its an alignment one.

Regards

djpopeye1971
25th February, 2013, 09:02 PM
i seen yours mate i have tried everything mate and now i cant get 28.2 but can get all the on 13.0 and 19.2 i really cant understand why its not straight forward

djpopeye1971
25th February, 2013, 09:07 PM
digicon can you remember your elavation setting

digicon
26th February, 2013, 02:41 AM
digicon can you remember your elavation setting

Roughly around 25?

ramjet
26th February, 2013, 05:21 PM
make sure your lnb settings on your receiver are on 9750/10600 too

Nutsandbolts
26th February, 2013, 05:52 PM
i seen yours mate i have tried everything mate and now i cant get 28.2 but can get all the on 13.0 and 19.2 i really cant understand why its not straight forward

Hi. Very simple really. The LNB for 28.2 needs to be slightly lower than the other two. The signals for 28.2 hit the dishes at a lower level than the others. Also have you enough room on the dish to pick up 28.2 ie are you far enough east to see 28.2..
Regards,

djpopeye1971
26th February, 2013, 09:31 PM
digicon thanks thats what i had it set at . ramjet i am using a spiderbox so not sure how to do that .nutsandbolts am in manchester using a zone 2 sky dish

mdt
27th February, 2013, 12:10 AM
from behind the dish using the 19.2e sat as primary focus the astra2@28.2e lnb needs to be higher and on the right of the center lnb and the hotbird@13east needs to be lower and on the left of the center lnb.. also ajust the skew for maximum signal and also ajust the focal length (lnb closer/further away in lnb holder) for max signal. use 11,.222.h.27500 to peak astra2 and 10.723.h.29900/11.034v.27500 on hotbird13east. regards mdt

digicon
27th February, 2013, 12:43 AM
And again to refresh

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachments/f11/177223d1361494731-one-dish-3-satellites-sky-zone2-multifeed.jpg

djpopeye1971
27th February, 2013, 03:52 PM
at last i done it needed a lnb with a longer neck for 19.2 so i could 13.0 that little bit more over

djpopeye1971
27th February, 2013, 05:44 PM
well not cant get itv hd or the low oune

digicon
28th February, 2013, 02:26 AM
well not cant get itv hd or the low oune

Something is definitely wrong if you cant pick up ITV HD the Granada and london regional's are on 2F at the moment which with the power its churning out you could easily pick these up on a jam jar lid literally, Well not that small but down to around 25cm at least

djpopeye1971
28th February, 2013, 03:03 PM
going to try a sky lnb not inverto one its all good i set it to about 20 degree get strong on 19.2 and 13.0 and 28.2 i really now think its the lnb thats the problem

djpopeye1971
1st March, 2013, 05:13 PM
would lnb be any differances

Nutsandbolts
1st March, 2013, 05:36 PM
would lnb be any differances

Hi. I dont think its the LNB.. Its the way you are positioning them. I also suspect that your dish is not focus properly for all 3 satellites. Why dont you try and get 2 out of 3 satellites working ok and then concentrate on the third by moving the LNB with your hand slowly acroos the dish to see if you pick up a picture on your tv. If you lived in London i would have sorted it out for you.

Take care.
t

djpopeye1971
1st March, 2013, 11:39 PM
nuts i got 19.2 and 13.0 i can get 28.2 just itv granada low not coming up i will take my time i got a new sat nav meter which is miles better than my old one

Nutsandbolts
2nd March, 2013, 12:08 AM
Hooray nice to know you are making progress.. May be a silly question but did you ever think of having a motor instead of 3 lnb's?? In my opinion a lot cheaper and probably less hassle.

Reegards.

djpopeye1971
2nd March, 2013, 12:12 AM
due to the house and how we in the middle and not facing south see no point have one on other house but she claimed it when we split lol (bitch) i will get it in the end got a new meter the horizon meters and lot easier to use than the wolsey one i have

djpopeye1971
2nd March, 2013, 12:14 AM
can you use a Sky Calcio card in f3 box or a spider box

Nutsandbolts
2nd March, 2013, 12:18 AM
I be honest with you in that i have installed loads of dishes/motors and never used a meter. I know where the satellites are - you just need steady hands and good eyesight and a lot of patience.

Regards.

djpopeye1971
2nd March, 2013, 12:21 AM
am a novice but i dont give up till its right self trained lol

djpopeye1971
2nd March, 2013, 12:22 AM
good eyesight can you see the sats lol

djpopeye1971
2nd March, 2013, 07:11 PM
right to all the guys who have helped me with this all up and running now all sats and all channels thanks guys

bj1
2nd March, 2013, 08:07 PM
right to all the guys who have helped me with this all up and running now all sats and all channels thanks guys

Well done m8
Glad you got it sorted
You done yourself proud:congrats:

digicon
2nd March, 2013, 08:24 PM
Yep! its only taken 10 days and a 7 page thread to get it done LOL, Only joking mate big pat on the back gives you that extra warm glow when you know you did it yourself.

Well Done now to reap the rewards:beer:

blueflash234
12th March, 2013, 04:35 PM
I be honest with you in that i have installed loads of dishes/motors and never used a meter. I know where the satellites are - you just need steady hands and good eyesight and a lot of patience.

Regards.

wow you can see the satelites with your eyesight no wonder its easy for you to align your dish without a meter :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nutsandbolts
13th March, 2013, 02:17 AM
good eyesight can you see the sats lol

Hi popeye.. Its not a question of good eyesight. Its to do with knowing where the sats are and when you have installed so many dishes and motors it becomes like clockwork.. thats why i dont need sat meters. Its very easy to find satellites if you remember that west is right and east is left..and you need steady hands.
Take care.

BigfatPaulie
13th March, 2013, 05:01 AM
Why on earth would you NOT use a meter?
I COULD walk to the seaside... But I'd rather use my car!

Sent using Tapatalk

Nutsandbolts
13th March, 2013, 09:39 AM
Why on earth would you NOT use a meter?
I COULD walk to the seaside... But I'd rather use my car!

Sent using Tapatalk

Hi. Its not obligatory to use a meter.. if you are happy to use one fine but not everybody needs to. What does a meter do that your hands, eyes and a portable tv doesnt do??.. As already explained i know how to find satellites .In my opinion there is nothing difficult about it , it requires common sense most of the time. As for going to the seaside nowadays they dont want you to use your car anyway i think they call it 'saving the planet' or whatever..

Happy metering.
:manutop: :roflmao:

mdt
13th March, 2013, 10:09 AM
Hi popeye.. Its not a question of good eyesight. Its to do with knowing where the sats are and when you have installed so many dishes and motors it becomes like clockwork.. thats why i dont need sat meters. Its very easy to find satellites if you remember that west is right and east is left..and you need steady hands.
Take care.

surely it would be easier to peak the dish on the ladder with a meter instead up/down/up/down the ladder all the time using a quality meter opn a stb which isnt as accurate as a proper field meter and a decent horizon hdsm usb+ can be picked up second hand for ?120 to ?150. i only fit dishes as a hobby now and then but i still have a meter! regards mdt