PDA

View Full Version : It's driving me mad !

robbo_69
26th August, 2008, 05:13 PM
Can someone please help.
On certain channels (and only on specific programmes) I get someone talking over the programme and narrating the movie or programme. I guess it is a facility for the partially sighted. The problem is - I don't know how I got it and I don't know how to stop it!! Can someone please help me.
Thanks.:hmmmm2:

Devilfish
26th August, 2008, 05:45 PM
Upgrade to the latest firmware (in download section) then you should have an option through one of the coloured buttons to turn off the narration.

robbo_69
2nd September, 2008, 10:52 AM
Hi Devilfish,
The firmware I installed was from the DK site, so I think I have the latest version installed. Tried pressing the coloured buttons whilst the "commentator" was speaking, but nothing appeared on-screen.
It's very annoying and virtually prevents us from enjoying a film or programme. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

sukib
2nd September, 2008, 11:49 AM
Hello M8

Press the sound key, you will get sound menu come-up, showing two options both are english. If option 1 is selected then select option 2 and vice versa, and press ok, audio commentator will switch itself off.

Hope it helps

Suki

chinkoblinko
3rd September, 2008, 11:08 AM
Robbo,

I had this problem as well about a week ago and thought I had the latest firmware, but it turns out I didn't. You need to download the version 'new eurovox pvr software release v1.1A (856.6 KB)', uploaded by Potter.

Once you have this flashed to your box, you can then press the red button which will bring up the audio options. Just selct audio 2 on any channel you hear the audio description on and this will fix the problem.

Hope this helps.

Russ