PDA

View Full Version : 3.10 firmware

jfish
19th November, 2009, 12:40 PM
got released today, and it it now gives you the option to share your trophy on Facebook

Raven
19th November, 2009, 02:43 PM
They need to get a patch out so we can choose to hide XMB Apps that we don't use amongst other things....I understand why they put Facebook on there because there's a big hoo ha about it on the 360 side and now they can say PS3 has it too....but people that know better know it wasn't needed anyway because there's an internet browser on the XMB so I can go anywhere I want.....I suppose it's a handy shortcut, but wasn't needed. I just hope their next update let's you hide Apps because there's at least 4 now that I never use and yet I have to look at them all the time! What happened to cross game chat I thought that was meant to be coming with their update ?

dazza78
19th November, 2009, 08:53 PM
true i thought the ingame chat was supposed to be included in this update

anyone tried the facebook thingy??? yet ??

Facebook on the PlayStation 3 is Now Live (http://mashable.com/2009/11/19/facebook-ps3-live/)

dazza

macjst35
22nd November, 2009, 02:25 PM
video store also went live,pricing don't seem bad , no more lovefilm rentals for me :vroam:

Raven
23rd November, 2009, 02:12 AM
Getting closer to matching Xbox Live by the month lol, I find it funny how XBL is the pay for service and it uses P2P and yet the PSN is free and it uses dedicated servers - something isn't right with that picture! I'm sure that the only reason people continue to buy 360's in droves is purely because it's hacked and so the games are essentially "free". Which means what ? Well for a start the outlay for XBL is evened out straight away year on year.

But the PS3 is still more powerful and it still does more and not to mention that it has the best exclusives. Which is as much an opinion as it is fact, now follow me here listen to this - you show me any 360 exclusive which scored a 10/10 on Gamespot and I'll show you a PS3 exclusive which did that very same thing, MGS4, MGS4 is the only exclusive game this generation to score 10/10 on Gamespot and it's a PS3 exclusive. Hell show me any 360 game from Gears to Halo which scored a true 96/100 average rating amongst all the critics for both online and print form and I'll show you 1 PS3 exclusive that has - Uncharted 2.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (ps3) reviews at Metacritic.com (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/uncharted2amongthieves) -----Proof.

Also show me any 360 game that can touch Killzone 2 in the FPS department or MotorStorm2 in the racing department or Uncharted in the 3rd person genre for graphics. It's not going to happen.

That's what makes me laugh is the fanboys that try to refute these facts. They're irrefutable and clear for all to see. Except for the biased. Which is what some people might call me, but the truth is I own all 3 consoles, or at least have done, and bottom line I enjoy all 3 but at the same time I know enough about them as a consumer to know which one is the best overall and the way I see it is that it's got to be the PS3 as a matter of fact. Anybody that wants to call me on that I'll give you a shopping list as to why that is as a matter of fact, not opinion.

Now consider the fact that the 360 had a year all to itself and was hacked within that time, and had it's second and third year dominating due to the PS3's slow start and overpricing, now though the PS3 is only 7 million consoles down on the 360 worldwide and is unhacked and more expensive on the shelf (and only in price tag!) the PS3 hasn't done badly at all to say that within 3 years they've clawed it back to within 7 million consoles sales with a Christmas season coming up, now imagine where the PS3 will be in another 3 years, considering the likes of Gran Turismo5, Heavy Rain and God Of War3 are still to come out early next year alone.....I believe the PS3 will outsell the 360 worldwide within the next 2 - 3 years, if not sooner.

The point being, this console war is far from over, as things stand it's got at least another 2 - 3 years left in it. Yet when all is said and done on this gen when the next batch of consoles are about to be released and people are reflecting on who won if you like, nobody will be able to rightly say that the 360 dominated the PS3, with the exception of North America maybe, and we all know how 1 track minded they can be, and the reason is simply because the 360 isn't dominating the PS3 right now and hasn't for a while, it's pretty much neck and neck saleswise now at least worldwide that is on a month by month basis, the 360 only really dominated the PS3 during the first 2 years the PS3 was out and the PS3 caught up a hell of a lot in 2008 alone. And yet the 360 has been on the exact same plateau for the last 3 years at least, and yet the PS3 is the one that's rapidly catching up as time goes on - why is this? It's because it's the superior console that's finally come down to a cheap-ish price on the shelf, and so it has the majority of the long term momentum, and always has done - what this means is eventually the 360 is going to look ancient by comparison to the PS3 and even now it's starting to look rather dated. And that's a stone cold fact.

Right or wrong, that's my take on things. And so far I've been proven right. I said at the beginning of 2008 that the PS3 would catch up rapidly that year and it did, I said the Slim would be released at some point and it was, though much earlier than I expected, I said Uncharted 2 would be GOTY for 2009 and it's looking for all intents and purposes that it will be based purely on the review scores it received, it's by all accounts a world beating game which I knew it would be, because that's exactly what the original was only it never really got the appreciation it deserved until, low and behold, people saw Uncharted 2's hype/praise when Sony and Naughty Dog actually marketed the sodding thing - which is another thing, Sony haven't been advertising their stuff at all until recently and yet Microsoft have done it all the time for their products from day one - the consequences are obvious..... So yeah, anyway to finish off this long post and rant of sorts, I pretty much haven't been wrong yet.....in fact I've been pretty damn accurate with my take on things and what's to come. ;)