PDA

View Full Version : BSI PROBLEM

adam28
19th November, 2009, 12:42 PM
Hi

i have a y reg peugeot 206 with a fcuked bsi, i have a second hand one which is the same make and model (B2) what do i need to do to make it work in the car.What dumps do i need to read and transfer Its the earlier bsi without the mileage stored in it.

BIG Thanks for help on this one.

Regards

Adam

tordu
19th November, 2009, 01:04 PM
You need to virginize the second BSI and reprog it with Lexia

adam28
19th November, 2009, 01:20 PM
Can i not read eeprom from Broken Bsi and program to 2nd hand one?

How do i virginize

Thanks

PremierD
19th November, 2009, 01:26 PM

How do i virginize

Thanks

In theory you can mate .....what memory chip is in it....?

PS when you say "Broken " whats up with it ...?

adam28
19th November, 2009, 01:42 PM
Its the flasher unit for indicators it some times freezes when you indicate on one side. plugged in 2nd hand bsi and this solved problem.
But need to program it to car for it to start.
Havent opened up yet to see what chip will let you know

Cheers mate

milanoffracing
19th November, 2009, 01:43 PM

How do i virginize

Thanks

If you don't reed the broken BSI ,for new BSI you can make manual coding. Read PIN from ECU to make adaptation for new BSI. Here I have BSI virgin file for 206 2006 year. Try it. You can use otocheck to make your second hand BSI in virgin state.

tordu
19th November, 2009, 01:47 PM
what year is you car?

tordu
19th November, 2009, 01:49 PM
normally you can exchange the 95160 in the bsi

PremierD
19th November, 2009, 01:54 PM
If you don't reed the broken BSI ,for new BSI you can make manual coding. Read PIN from ECU to make adaptation for new BSI. Here I have BSI virgin file for 206 2006 year. Try it. You can use otocheck to make your second hand BSI in virgin state.

Good file to have mate ..thank-you ...Problem is that its the Old 206 BSI Adam has ...I don't think hat its a 95160 eeprom...And I don't think he has OTTOcheck....(hco5 springs to mind)

PremierD
19th November, 2009, 01:56 PM
what year is you car?

have a y reg peugeot 206 with a fcuked bsi (2001)

adam28
19th November, 2009, 02:00 PM
its 2001 year but before they changed them.and put mileage in them to. i cannot see a 95160. i have a 0D60J mask mcu.
one side of the bsi is sealed maybe 95160 is behind there?

Its the earlier bsi type

PremierD
19th November, 2009, 02:05 PM
its 2001 year but before they changed them.and put mileage in them to. i cannot see a 95160. i have a 0D60J mask mcu.
one side of the bsi is sealed maybe 95160 is behind there?

Its the earlier bsi type

HC05 B16 .........Change it mate.....

tordu
19th November, 2009, 02:09 PM
0D60J = MC68HC05B16
You are right PremierD, good memory

adam28
19th November, 2009, 02:10 PM
Can i read entire mcu in circuit and program that way?

Cheers

PremierD
19th November, 2009, 02:13 PM
Can i read entire mcu in circuit and program that way?

Cheers

All you need it the eeprom mate .. Thats where the data is .....And your UPA should manage that....

PremierD
19th November, 2009, 02:22 PM
For future reference mate....

adam28
19th November, 2009, 02:22 PM
BIG THANKS guys.

I will post results.

WBR

adam28
24th November, 2009, 05:52 PM
Guys im trying to read the HC05B16 on this BSI
the IRQ is saying 2.90v Bad (with UPA)

VPP out of range

Everything else says OK.

Any help will be great.

Cheers

Adam

maryline
24th November, 2009, 06:36 PM
good many tahnks

drz
24th November, 2009, 10:09 PM
Cut the line to IRQ if it is possible or lift pin from board and connect to upa.

adam28
24th November, 2009, 10:58 PM
Has anyone else had problems with reading HC05B16 with UPA?

mes_cal
24th November, 2009, 11:40 PM
Lift up pins VSS ,TCAP1,RESET ,PD3 , optonal irq.
For upa p1-irq-19pin , P2-TD0-52pin, P3-RDI-50pin,P4-TCAP1-22pin, P5-Vss-41pin , P6-PD3-11pin, P7-reset-18pin,P8-PD4-9pin,P9-Vdd-10pin.
Set in UUprog xtial manual to 4mhz
BR

adam28
25th November, 2009, 07:40 AM
maybe easier to desolder whole thing?

tordu
25th November, 2009, 12:13 PM
It's always better to desolder for reading and surely necessary for writing

adam28
25th November, 2009, 06:00 PM
Is there anything different that i have to do when reading the HC05B16 with UPA out of circuit because its saying device not responding?
Can i read this out of circuit with UPA or only in circuit.

Thanks for any replys

PremierD
25th November, 2009, 07:16 PM
Is there anything different that i have to do when reading the HC05B16 with UPA out of circuit because its saying device not responding?
Can i do this with UPA or only in circuit

Thanks for any replys

Sorry mate .. Unless you Have or make a board to Take it .. it wont read out of circuit ...Needs to Occillate in order to work ... which it cant do if it don't have one ...+ a few other connections as well

E-Mail Penko ... He always used to send the Information needed..

adam28
25th November, 2009, 07:26 PM
Sorry mate .. Unless you Have or make a board to Take it .. it wont read out of circuit ...Needs to Occillate in order to work ... which it cant do if it don't have one ...+ a few other connections as well

E-Mail Penko ... He always used to send the Information needed..

Ok thanks mate.

Just emailed ETL for a price on the HC05 and a few others. Dont really want to get clone ones.
Seems you need a range of programmers, UPA alone is just not good enough. As im starting to do more of this work.

Cheers

cammy25
25th November, 2009, 07:42 PM
You should try to lift RESET pin

PremierD
25th November, 2009, 07:42 PM
Ok thanks mate.

Just emailed ETL for a price on the HC05 and a few others. Dont really want to get clone ones.
Seems you need a range of programmers, UPA alone is just not good enough. As im starting to do more of this work.

Cheers

YEP .. If you are serious about it ..you do need a range of programmers... The clones are a whole lot cheaper than ETL's ..and coincedently ... they use ETL's software ...But buid Quality is not as good as originals ...( thats why the're cheaper ) By all accounts they still do the job though...

Remember when you thought that Mileage Correction was just a Guy with a Laptop that Plugged into your car ..and ..that was it ...?..And a lot of punters still think that... If they only new what was involved EH!..:)

adam28
25th November, 2009, 08:14 PM
I think alot of people (privates) Dont think it can be done anymore.And that it impossible on new cars. Not all people obviously!

Do you do alot of trade work?
Or advertise, or alot of it word of mouth.
I spray lots of cars for traders who have car sites and wont go near a mileage adjustment bod, because if done ilegally big trouble if caught nowadays.
Years ago my uncle went away for it 6 years in the 90's! He had a big front and most of them were clocked!

Cheers

PremierD
25th November, 2009, 08:34 PM
I think alot of people (privates) Dont think it can be done anymore.And that it impossible on new cars. Not all people obviously!

Do you do alot of trade work?
Or advertise, or alot of it word of mouth.
I spray lots of cars for traders who have car sites and wont go near a mileage adjustment bod, because if done ilegally big trouble if caught nowadays.
Years ago my uncle went away for it 6 years in the 90's! He had a big front and most of them were clocked!

Cheers
I work for anyone who will pay mate ...All word of mouth ... Trade , yep Public ,yep Police yep :).. Even done Trading standards Pals cars ... Any C**t wo asks mate ...Coz what I am doing is not Illeagal... Had a High powered Lawyer one day ..wanting names and addresses of former customers ...Before he would let me Clock his M5...:)...Sure I said ..as long as you dont mind me passing on your Details ...( he was looking for references ) Twat... But he did bring it in ..:)...Even had someone phone up and say that the locl BMW garage had recommended me ...:)...Good or what ..:)... Don't get me wrong ..I've Fcuked up a few times , but always managed to Repair it ...I think thats why I get the work... I,m not the Guy who turns up in a car park ..fcuks up the job and then dissapears (with your money)..And Blanks his phone for weeks (I know a few of them too)

Meat-Head
25th November, 2009, 08:48 PM

Wow all that extra dosh AND somewhere to lie low rent free for six years!

Either someone was having a bad day or he was into it big style.

adam28
25th November, 2009, 08:50 PM
I work for anyone who will pay mate ...All word of mouth ... Trade , yep Public ,yep Police yep :).. Even done Trading standards Pals cars ... Any C**t wo asks mate ...Coz what I am doing is not Illeagal... Had a High powered Lawyer one day ..wanting names and addresses of former customers ...Before he would let me Clock his M5...:)...Sure I said ..as long as you dont mind me passing on your Details ...( he was looking for references ) Twat... But he did bring it in .....Even had someone phone up and say that the locl BMW garage had recommended me ......Good or what ..... Don't get me wrong ..I've Fcuked up a few times , but always managed to Repair it ...I think thats why I get the work... I,m not the Guy who turns up in a car park ..fcuks up the job and then dissapears (with your money)..And Blanks his phone for weeks (I know a few of them too)

LOLlol
When i make a big ~~~~ up mate, i will be on your case.:call2:

Im guessing backing everything up is a good start, that was what i was trying to do with the 05B16, but ~~~~ed with that one now. Just gonna swap it.

PremierD
25th November, 2009, 09:04 PM
LOLlol
When i make a big ~~~~ up mate, i will be on your case.:call2:

Im guessing backing everything up is a good start, that was what i was trying to do with the 05B16, but ~~~~ed with that one now. Just gonna swap it.

Anytime mate.... :call2: and You can NEVER back up too much ... Save ,Save ,and save the fcuker again..Just to be sure ...

adam28
26th November, 2009, 06:57 PM
Just an update on the BSI sarga. changed HC05B16 into 2nd hand BSI, problem solved;)

PremierD
26th November, 2009, 07:00 PM
There you go mate ....Simples..

adam28
26th November, 2009, 07:06 PM
There you go mate ....Simples..

I just wanted to read with UPA to back up.

Got price from alex at ETL for HC05 50quid inc delivery.Aint worth messing about with clones for that price.

Also CAS3 came today, only ordered on tuesday WTF!

PremierD
26th November, 2009, 07:20 PM
I just wanted to read with UPA to back up.

Got price from alex at ETL for HC05 50quid inc delivery.Aint worth messing about with clones for that price.

Also CAS3 came today, only ordered on tuesday WTF!

Looks like your lucky day mate .... Go bye a Lottery ticket .....

cammy25
27th November, 2009, 08:35 AM
Adam28
I dont think ETL HC05 is best choice for HC05 mpu.
Last week i tried 705X32 (Mask 0G47V) wich is in mercedes AAM module, with HC05 ETL. But not any chance to read. I even tried to replace Crystal with 4Mhz and 16Mhz in ETL programmer (sometimes you need to do this).
But at least it worked with Xprog-M just in circuit.
Im sure it will work with UPA too. You just need to know what pins should be HIGH or LOW.
Next time PM me to help.

adam28
27th November, 2009, 09:23 AM
Adam28
I dont think ETL HC05 is best choice for HC05 mpu.
Last week i tried 705X32 (Mask 0G47V) wich is in mercedes AAM module, with HC05 ETL. But not any chance to read. I even tried to replace Crystal with 4Mhz and 16Mhz in ETL programmer (sometimes you need to do this).
But at least it worked with Xprog-M just in circuit.
Im sure it will work with UPA too. You just need to know what pins should be HIGH or LOW.
Next time PM me to help.

I think ETL do seperate programmers for HC705 mpu's.

How do you make the the pins hi or low with UPA never done this before.

Thanks mate,

PremierD
27th November, 2009, 12:49 PM
High +5v Low -0v....

hrag
4th December, 2009, 08:00 PM
dear
need clear bin 95128 for 307 2007 model KM 0
thanks in advance

ana_11
5th December, 2009, 10:30 PM
dear
need clear bin 95128 for 307 2007 model KM 0
thanks in advance

where is dump??

PremierD
5th December, 2009, 10:43 PM
where is dump??

I dont know what planet this guy is on mate ,,, told him already if he wants help.. Post the dumps....:toilet: