PDA

View Full Version : Touran 1.9 BLS EDC16U34 105hp newbie modification attempt

wodorof
8th July, 2018, 08:10 PM
Hi,
i am total beginner in mapping and i will appreciate any tips how to do it better ;)
Also i have few questions:
is there simple way to calculate boost pressure for I.Q.?
i have red somewhere that in this engines 1mg/str gives ~6Nm of torque, is that close enough to assume torque limiter or I.Q values?
What is purpose of 8 drivers wish maps?(i modified all with same principle but honestly i don`t know when which one is used)
Are there two duty cycle (n75) maps(190FACh,19118Ah)? and if yes, why?
Thanks in advance!

morgano
8th July, 2018, 08:57 PM
Normally on diesel engines you can assume

mgr*1.5*NumCyl=Nm, so yes, for a 4 cylinder engine 1 mgr equals around 6Nm

regarding boost presure for a given IQ yes, there's easy way, just use brain a little and do the maths. Need to know: 1 Engine displacement in cc, 2 Cylinders in engine, 3 desired AFR ratio, and of course your target IQ.

The 8 drivers wish are paired with a selector map, it defines when the car uses each of the maps.

Is possible having more than one VNT (N75) maps, each one is used under particular conditions.

Being beginner since 2015 is a sin, try to go forward and be more active in the forum.

wodorof
9th July, 2018, 09:08 AM
regarding boost presure for a given IQ yes, there's easy way, just use brain a little and do the maths. Need to know: 1 Engine displacement in cc, 2 Cylinders in engine, 3 desired AFR ratio, and of course your target IQ.

I can only come up with this: (I.Q*AFR)/(Cyl,displacement*mass of air) per stroke

which gives (45mg*16/1)/(475ccm*1,2kg/m3) keeping units, it equals 1,2*Atm
which nowhere near correct value(i suppose),
where is mistake? bad AFR or 'equation' is just wrong

And can some body look at files in first post?

Thanks in advance!

morgano
9th July, 2018, 02:09 PM
Push brain a little bit more.