PDA

View Full Version : james milner hands in transfer request

krazylegz
27th August, 2008, 01:41 PM
james milner has handed in a written transfer request (little pr**k). he must have been waiting for KK to praise him saying he should be called up for england.

he says he wants away before deadline day, which is in 5 days, and knowing how slow newcastle are at signing people we wont get anyone in to replace him, if we do manage i hope he's better than milner whos crossses constantly hit the first man.

looks like it could be a case of jonas on the right and duff or n'zog on the left

from nufc website

James Milner - Club Statement

NEWCASTLE United can confirm that it has received a written transfer request from James Milner.

The Club is very disappointed that James sees his footballing future as being away from St. James' Park. He is a valued member of the squad and it is only a year ago that he signed an improved long-term contract.

We have yet to receive an offer for James that has matched our valuation of him.

James Milner - Club Statement | Newcastle United | nufc.co.uk | News | Latest News | Latest News (http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1376531,00.html#continue)

Raven
27th August, 2008, 09:01 PM
Must say that comes as a genuine surprise to me, I would have expected one of your more high profile players like Michael Owen, Mark Viduka or Obafembi Martins to hand in a transfer request maybe even Damien Duff yknow someone actually good but not James Milner....I can only think that he feels it's only a matter of time before Newcastle United are relegated like Leeds United were a few seasons ago and so he is getting out before the ship falls apart so to speak, so if that's the reason fair play to him, maybe he is hoping for a move to Aston Villa I know he was on loan their a couple of seasons ago.....I know what you are feeling though Krazy m8 although in my opinion Milner is hardly your best or most lucrative player to be fair.....

krazylegz
28th August, 2008, 07:48 AM
yeah i know raven m8 its not the fact that rate him highly coz i dont, infact i rate him just average, 99% of his crosses hit the first man and he cant take corners, its just the timing thats narked me 4 days before deadline day, it means that if he goes we wont have time to get anyone in and will have no cover for the right wing, can put jonas there but if he gets injured were ~~~~ed.

i would like to see us get malouda or shaun wright phillips in but cant really see it happening as we seem to have no ambition anymore, maybes thats why he wants to leave, who knows

Raven
28th August, 2008, 12:08 PM
I don't know m8, I can't remember but did you guys sign Michael Owen before or after Mike Ashley took over ? In any case you have managed to keep him for over 1 season so the club must be doing something right. I do think that in my opinion Newcastle are only stemming the tide of relegation season after season until they sort out their defense and midfield properly - plus it was only a few seasons ago you had a great team with Shearer, Solano, Dyer, Woodgate and the like....but it's not like you have a bad team now because any team with Martins, Owen, Viduka and Duff in their attack and the likes of Given in goal should be in mid table at least and you do have the attack sorted more or less it's just I think you have poor players in other positions on the pitch....I think Ashley needs to invest in your midfield abit to add bite, flair, creativity and pace so that Owen and Viduka and Martins can reap the rewards, then he needs to focus on the typically suspect backline at Newcastle. Even with the team you have you should be mid table at least but I suppose it's injuries isn't it ? I know Viduka and Owen are injury prone.

But on the topic of James Milner, I can't understand why he has handed in a transfer written request just 4 days before the window closes......is he hoping for more money or is it just he wants out of NUFC now and he would go to the first club who had their bid accepted ? Because it seems to me that he is limiting his options in putting himself on the market now jst a few days before it shuts - a good player would spark a bidding war and be laughing all the way to the bank, but Milner I dunno just seems like he is limiting himself because I don't think alot of clubs will bid for him certainly none which are bigger than NUFC in the Premiership. I just fail to see what Milner's thinking process was, I can only assume it was a sudden thing because otherwise it doesn't make any sense to me.