PDA

View Full Version : Starview Help

jkyle42
27th August, 2008, 08:52 PM
Just tried to fix a starview box due to loss of channels, now only getting flashing led's on the front of the box. Anyone any ideas,

Cheers.
J.

bugaloo41
27th August, 2008, 09:10 PM
If you are sure you have flashed the correct firmware (i.e. official/clone) then try a reflash. What you will need to do is turn the box off, connect null modem to pc and box, start loader and then flash image - then quickly switch the power on the box. If it doesn`t work first time keep trying it will eventually reflash. After it has completed make sure you wait until the box goes to a channel for example 0001 before unplugging.

jkyle42
29th August, 2008, 09:14 AM
got the box back up and running, many thanks, now cant find the tw lanarkshire.bin file for channel listings can anyone help.

Cheers,

J.

bugaloo41
29th August, 2008, 12:40 PM
Mate not sure what you mean the bin file with listings? Did you "upload" your channel dump file before the reflash? If you did you presumably stored this on your pc and you can then reflash back to the box. I am not in the same area but hopefully someone can upload a channel dump for you. I thought the s`view did not overwrite any previous set up you had on the box?

dougal58
4th September, 2008, 07:37 PM
Hi jkyle42
Did you have any luck with a TW lanarkshire channel dump?
I really need it also please,Or could someone tell me how to backup my own channel list from the box please.

bugaloo41
4th September, 2008, 09:30 PM
Dougal channel backup:-

1. plug in starview.

2. connect null modem cable between pc and starview.

3. open up gtrom loader.

4. click radio button in "channel data file" (second option down).

5. click on "upload" button and the channel data uploads to your pc.

6. save it to wherever you like on your pc (i.e. desktop) and name it (i.e. dougalstv 4.9.08).

7. if you need to flash back to the box -just follow steps 1-4 but at stage 5 click download instead. Always wait until your box displays a channel number like 0001 before unplugging.

dougal58
4th September, 2008, 09:35 PM
bugaloo41
Thank you very much,[So gtrom downloads my original channels from the box while on standby?]I just want to rename my fav folders and mess about with my channel list and send it back to my box,Thanks again will try tomorrow and let you know how i go

bugaloo41
4th September, 2008, 09:52 PM
It downloads the channels as long as the box is on basically.

There is also a starview channel editor that you can use to alter favourites, channel set up etc. Then just save the amended file and load back to your box.

dougal58
5th September, 2008, 01:13 PM
bugaloo41
Hi,I did what you said and everything was fine uploaded channel data no problem to the pc,But when i tried to load channel dump into channel editor i got an access violation error,I have windows xp and a printer driver installed,Any ideas.
Thanks

satsmo
5th September, 2008, 05:35 PM
It depends on what firmware version you have on the box, as there are two SVCE versions. If you are running on pre 4.52 firmware you should use SVCE 1027. If you are using 4.52, 4.53, or 4.54 you should use SVCE 1044.

dougal58
5th September, 2008, 06:14 PM
satsmo.
Thanks I am using 4.54 firmware and 1044 svce, Tried 1027 svce also still getting the same problem,If i download the channel dump straight to the box it works perfectly.I am just so anal [so my kids keep telling me] and want to rename fav folders and tidy up the channel list,I read somewhere to install a printer driver,I have epson r200 installed on my machine.So basically have.nt got a clue what to try now.
Many thanks mate.

kierank
5th September, 2008, 07:53 PM
Nice one mate

satsmo
6th September, 2008, 03:30 PM
satsmo.
Thanks I am using 4.54 firmware and 1044 svce, Tried 1027 svce also still getting the same problem,If i download the channel dump straight to the box it works perfectly.I am just so anal [so my kids keep telling me] and want to rename fav folders and tidy up the channel list,I read somewhere to install a printer driver,I have epson r200 installed on my machine.So basically have.nt got a clue what to try now.
Many thanks mate.

Sounds like you are trying to load a SV1 CDF to the box. Is this the case or maybe I am reading it wrong? Have you created the CDF from your box? I know the guy who created the SVCE, if you are still having problems I can ask him to drop by.

dougal58
6th September, 2008, 03:42 PM
Satsmo
I got a channel dump from the guy i got my box from,The same dump he put on my box when i bought it,I can download his dump onto my box and it works fine,It just wont open in SVCE so i can edit rename the fav folders as i dont like the way he has them named,I also uploaded channel dump from my own box to the pc which would'nt open in SVCE either but goes back to the box perfectly,The channel dump i got from him and the 1 i created are .bin files not .cdf does that matter?
Thanks again.

bugaloo41
6th September, 2008, 04:04 PM
Dougal just rename them using the remote - it only takes a couple of minutes.

dougal58
6th September, 2008, 04:13 PM
bugaloo41
Sorry to be a pain in the arse but it's mainly the fav folders i want to rename,The guy i got the box from has them categorised completely different from what i would do,And you can't do that with the remote [can you?]Or am i missing something?
That's the only reason i wanted to load the channel dump into SVCE the channel names and positions i dont mind sorting them from the remote.
Thanks very much for your help much appreciated.

bugaloo41
6th September, 2008, 04:20 PM
Dougal you can set up, edit, rename favourites, channel names, order etc all with the remote. You could sort it in about 20-30 minutes maximum.

Just go into menu, channel edit, and you can do everything from this point just follow the on screen instructions (i.e. which button the remote to use)

To Edit Favourites Name:

1. Press menu on remote;

2. Go to channel edit;

3. Press password (ie. 0,0,0,0);

4. Press green button on remote (favourites);

5. Press blue button "rename". Now just change the name;

6. save and exit back to tv

If you need any help just holler mate.

dougal58
6th September, 2008, 04:30 PM
bugaloo41
Man i fell so stupid now,I did.nt realise you could rename the fav folders that way i thought it was only for channel renaming,Sorted now MANY THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP MATE.:rock:

bugaloo41
6th September, 2008, 04:32 PM
No probs mate your welcome - have a good one :beer:

andysmith121
5th December, 2008, 08:19 PM
any idears were i can download gtrom loader for the box? and wat firm ware to put on, ver4.51 boot 7

daev lister
5th December, 2008, 10:56 PM
I managed to get my starview 3 box working which was originally a version 8.0 using the gt.rom 8.02 loader but my mate's is a API 6.0e and i've tried 3 times but it's still not working. When i check the system info. on my tv after flashing the box from my pc it still says API 6.0e Version 8.0 (Feb 2008). I've tried scanning, turning EMU on and off and changing the default keys numerous times. I've also reset it back to factory settings and tried to install version 8.02e but to no avail.
ANy ideas please?

bags
9th April, 2009, 10:53 PM
hi can anybody help can not program info to work or epg on starview4 usb was working but just blank now dont know what to do thanks bags

gazza2008
9th April, 2009, 11:12 PM
can u explain more wot u mean by program info

if u mean the EPG have u turned ya box off and on

also r u connected via a splitter