PDA

View Full Version : Renault Espace Milage Correction

BeianM
21st November, 2009, 08:45 PM
Hi all, I have 4 espaces!! 3 of them need milage correction due to dasboard swap outs. In case you don't know from around 2000 they changed the system. 97 model to 2000 you can change the dash & it will keep the milage with the dash. No probs with my 97 espace no.1 it only has 1500 miles on it. However 3 others have been swapped due to being faulty. By the way the key fob pairing is also in the dash so you have to get a dash with fobs if you don't wan't to get into programming them.
What happens when you swap these out is that the dash will display the higher miles recorded by the dash or bcu. So when I put a dash in a car that had only done 70k but the dash 130k on it, Now my car has 50k more than it should. I decided to buy a clone clip as I need to fault trace other units including airbag & keys. I thought it would also do the milage but can't find an option in any menu :(
Looking around I can only find software for the 97 model, so can anyone enlighten me as to what I need so I do the correction on the dash & bcu even if it means chip flashing.
Thanks in advance.

z786
21st November, 2009, 10:10 PM
You will need a programmer like UPA-USB and software like Tachosoft Mileage Calc. or even a Tacho Universal. but if you program them rong, your car wont start!!!!!!!!

Meat-Head
21st November, 2009, 11:24 PM
You will need a programmer like UPA-USB and software like Tachosoft Mileage Calc. or even a Tacho Universal. but if you program them rong, your car wont start!!!!!!!!

Did not know the remote is stored in the dash, thanks for the info

(Z786 OPW)

Yuri_L777
22nd November, 2009, 11:32 AM
The remote stored in dash only in Espace 1999-2001 and after milage correction do not work cental locking from remote key, but car starts OK. Needs to be done sinchronization of the remote key.

PremierD
23rd November, 2009, 04:53 PM
Hi all, I have 4 espaces!! 3 of them need milage correction due to dasboard swap outs. In case you don't know from around 2000 they changed the system. 97 model to 2000 you can change the dash & it will keep the milage with the dash. No probs with my 97 espace no.1 it only has 1500 miles on it. However 3 others have been swapped due to being faulty. By the way the key fob pairing is also in the dash so you have to get a dash with fobs if you don't wan't to get into programming them.
What happens when you swap these out is that the dash will display the higher miles recorded by the dash or bcu. So when I put a dash in a car that had only done 70k but the dash 130k on it, Now my car has 50k more than it should. I decided to buy a clone clip as I need to fault trace other units including airbag & keys. I thought it would also do the milage but can't find an option in any menu :(
Looking around I can only find software for the 97 model, so can anyone enlighten me as to what I need so I do the correction on the dash & bcu even if it means chip flashing.
Thanks in advance.

Unfortunatley mate is does involve reading ,saving and reproramming 908 MCU's ...Both in the Dash and the BCU ....Can you read 908 mcu's ....? if so then post the dumps ,along with what they read ..and what you want them to read .... Thats for between 00>03 after that its a C56 eeprom ...And its only in The dash if it is ...:deal:

BeianM
23rd November, 2009, 09:50 PM
Thanks for looking this up, it is what I had expected. I don't have any prog. as yet. What do you recon is needed. I have checked 3 dash boards & have found that my original is a mc908, but the other 2 are xc51 & xc68. I need to take the other dash out of my wifes car to check the chip no.
Etl site does not list a prog. for the xc511019vfu nor the xc68hc98az60.
I just read this in another thread for a peugeot, as mine is also Valeo would this work?
" Instruction: read the 68HC912DG128 chip from the BSI (Valeo), and edit the mileage as shown here. Then connect dash to the connectors . on the car WITHOUT the BSI. Put the key to the ignition, but do not start!!!
just power on the dash. Dash value will self deletes.
After this connect the BSI and km value will be automatically loaded from BSI to dash.
thanks"
If this is so then I need to check the chip in the bcu's only. My thought is to buy a UPA At least then I can expand to other projects. I do have a friend that progs pics & can remove/replace chips also I have a spare bcu & wiring so that I can trial this out before doing this on the cars.
"Uri" mentions that the keys will need to be reproged, is this correct? I have just downloaded reprog software for the clip. I assume this can be done with a code from ren.net.
Your further thoughts & advice are welcome.

PremierD
24th November, 2009, 12:07 AM
Thanks for looking this up, it is what I had expected. I don't have any prog. as yet. What do you recon is needed. I have checked 3 dash boards & have found that my original is a mc908, but the other 2 are xc51 & xc68. I need to take the other dash out of my wifes car to check the chip no.
Etl site does not list a prog. for the xc511019vfu nor the xc68hc98az60.
I just read this in another thread for a peugeot, as mine is also Valeo would this work?
" Instruction: read the 68HC912DG128 chip from the BSI (Valeo), and edit the mileage as shown here. Then connect dash to the connectors . on the car WITHOUT the BSI. Put the key to the ignition, but do not start!!!
just power on the dash. Dash value will self deletes.
After this connect the BSI and km value will be automatically loaded from BSI to dash.
thanks"
If this is so then I need to check the chip in the bcu's only. My thought is to buy a UPA At least then I can expand to other projects. I do have a friend that progs pics & can remove/replace chips also I have a spare bcu & wiring so that I can trial this out before doing this on the cars.
"Uri" mentions that the keys will need to be reproged, is this correct? I have just downloaded reprog software for the clip. I assume this can be done with a code from ren.net.
Your further thoughts & advice are welcome.

You hav'nt quite grasped this mate ..... You Have A Peugot Espace then.....? Your dash an BCU's have 908 mcu's in them ..(trust me ) The XC51/XC68 ... dont matter look at the Mask ID.... The 5 digit code of letters and numbers below that....And Compare it with the list in here ... http://www.etlweb.com/?ref=prod_prog_mc68hc908az60r1
....Once you have a programmer to read them ... Post the dumps mate .. And we will take it from there....

BeianM
25th November, 2009, 08:19 PM
"You hav'nt quite grasped this mate ....."
30 yrs as a mechanic, 0 days in electronics!!!! Give me a break :) Thats why I'm here asking.
Re: the Peugot reference, I mearly put that into the mix as knowing manufacturers, I doubt that the Espace is the only car that has adopted the same Valeo system.
"Your dash an BCU's have 908 mcu's in them ..(trust me )"
I trust you... but I did look up the mask id's. I had trouble reading because of the lacquer & got the wrong no. On double checking I can see them in the list. Thanks for that. ETL are on holiday until the 4th so I will wait rather than buy chinese.
However I am being offered a tacho universal at a good price so not sure what way to go. Maybe both.
I have just bought another Espace that needs keys. They have changed the barrels from another car & claim to have the central locking working. It is a 52 reg dci, I have read that earier clip software is able to record keys. Is this correct? Won't have the car here for a few days, but would be nice if I could start it before handing over the cash.
Please PM me if you think this info should not be on the board.
Thanks again in advance.

PremierD
25th November, 2009, 08:59 PM
"You hav'nt quite grasped this mate ....."
30 yrs as a mechanic, 0 days in electronics!!!! Give me a break :) Thats why I'm here asking.
Re: the Peugot reference, I mearly put that into the mix as knowing manufacturers, I doubt that the Espace is the only car that has adopted the same Valeo system.
"Your dash an BCU's have 908 mcu's in them ..(trust me )"
I trust you... but I did look up the mask id's. I had trouble reading because of the lacquer & got the wrong no. On double checking I can see them in the list. Thanks for that. ETL are on holiday until the 4th so I will wait rather than buy chinese.
However I am being offered a tacho universal at a good price so not sure what way to go. Maybe both.
I have just bought another Espace that needs keys. They have changed the barrels from another car & claim to have the central locking working. It is a 52 reg dci, I have read that earier clip software is able to record keys. Is this correct? Won't have the car here for a few days, but would be nice if I could start it before handing over the cash.
Please PM me if you think this info should not be on the board.
Thanks again in advance.

I don't mind Posting in public mate...First of all I appologise for being a knob end ... For casting aspersions on your character ... You asked for my advice . I gave it .. All be it a bit Bluntly......That said ..the tacho universal does do the job (sometimes) and sometimes it fcuks them ...your initial thought of ETL's programmer was the best and safest option .. But you will have to post the dumps ... or get Tacho soft or Linzic ..to edit the Miles ... that is after desoldering the 908....Does that sound like a better reply mate.....? The latest problem about your Keys ... I have'nt a Scooby ..but I'm sure that ther is someone here who will help...:)