PDA

View Full Version : 2001 ldv convoy immo off

busaman
22nd November, 2009, 02:16 PM
2001 ldv convoy immo off does anybody know if it is possible with lucas 02010022 ecu ford part no 98vb-9j464-ze it has ford pats system but every time i try to match keys it just times out afer 25 minutes.

it also has a brand new pats box and 3 keys one red.

Meat-Head
22nd November, 2009, 07:32 PM
When you say Convoy you realy mean Sherpa

No, but the Wurzels have a brand new combine harvester, and I've got one of thses to do this week any way.

As the thing stinks of shite and the bloke only has 2p to spend, it's going to be later on this week.

The last one of thses we had it that didn't do run run, do run run. the loom was as rotten as a peach, 'near brake servo', don't go chasing waterfalls and don't go poking around, just be gentle with a chainsaw to split the loom, as we caused a problem by connecting the wrong wire to the wrong wire! (it fell apart).

From memory by the 'drivers knee' is 2 lucars, white/red, if you join these
it makes the cranck when immbolised, on key

From memory the one before the one before sorry goota be vauge
'bad relay in fusebox'

Where is the immboliser box?
Sorry even more vauge as it's a transvestie engine check the fuses and the fuel filter hosuing multiplug twist and shouts then goes dead short.

busaman
22nd November, 2009, 07:51 PM
the pats unit is in the middle of the dash you have to take it out to get at it (the dash that is) the ecu has been sent away to be tested and they say its good so i guess it must be in the loom. unless anyone has come across it before.

Meat-Head
22nd November, 2009, 07:56 PM
the pats unit is in the middle of the dash you have to take it out to get at it (the dash that is) the ecu has been sent away to be tested and they say its good so i guess it must be in the loom. unless anyone has come across it before.

In that case CAREFULLY cut the loom open sorry going to have to be vague, seem to think in a plastic box the obd socket is laughing at you, not sure if it has a power feed in, for everything ecu related.

I'd known somebody (decent) had a problem i would have made time to look at it, but tomorrow is another day and no chance of looking at it!!

I'll try to look on your behalf.

Keep us informed on your findings

busaman
22nd November, 2009, 09:27 PM
a wiring diagram would help if you know where i can find one.

Meat-Head
28th November, 2009, 11:58 AM
Sorry for the delay.

Monday and Tuesday this geezer from the VW advert turned up around

YouTube - Gene Kelly - I'm singing in the rain

Wednesday was bolloxed because i had to wait for this twat to turn up in his sno-mobile, for a problem with his "rear heated mud flaps"

YouTube - Quinn the Eskimo

Thursday:

Morning
YouTube - Here Comes The Rain-Eurythmics

Afternoon was buggered cos was dark when
YouTube - I can see clearly now the rain has gone - Johnny Nash

Friday:

I had to pop here to see a man about a dog

YouTube - Petula Clark - DownTown

Then this happened

YouTube - The Cure - Friday I'm In Love: Stereo

So i just ended up using the 'new' bit of kit off ebay last week
to see what the fault was, looks like the windscreen had leaked and
filled the ecu with water, called lots of ecu people, neither of them can do any thing with that ecu

cystal ball ground off pontil fortune telling victorian on eBay (end time 26-Nov-09 08:45:35 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320451098522&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F%3F_from%3D R40%26_trksid%3Dm38%26_nkw%3D320451098522%26_fvi%3 D1&_rdc=1)

What was the number and number of the company you sent your ecu to?

busaman
28th November, 2009, 07:24 PM
cant remember i will look at the invoice on monday.

Meat-Head
28th November, 2009, 07:55 PM
The fact that you haav't mentioned anything makes me think your non the wiser with yours?

If your not aware already, the thing will read as a transit on your scanner.

Who ever the ecu people are, you had best keep that number pinned to your board, the TOP SECRET DATA information, said apparantly 'nobody' can do anything with theses ecu's.

Looks like pos and neg direct to the battery.

Might be worth removing lower dashpanel (waith for thre crunch and snap of plastic) just to see if the multiplugs going from dashboard to ecu have gone green and rotten.

What does the immboliser led do?

Ford crap it gives a trouble code (or used to), worth leaving ign on for one min see what happens.

The little brown relay in the fusebox is the engine one.

Try having a word with your local Ford stealer to see if they can track down a pin-out for it.

When i used my crystal ball (ebay has some good stuff and some shit), once the mist had cleared it was plain to see the rubber root for the ecu was dripping in water.

busaman
28th November, 2009, 10:09 PM
ive tried to code it with my dec ss2 under transit it recognises it and in the count down to unlock the ecu it just times out ????

ive checked the wiring as best i can its in a field 5 miles away so id kinda forgotten about it.(probbably best to leave it that way they are shit aborted sherpas)

since the ecu came back once you have turned the ignition on the dash lights wont go out until you pull the eng control fuse or relay.

Meat-Head
28th November, 2009, 10:22 PM
ive tried to code it with my dec ss2 under transit it recognises it and in the count down to unlock the ecu it just times out ????

ive checked the wiring as best i can its in a field 5 miles away so id kinda forgotten about it.(probbably best to leave it that way they are shit aborted sherpas)

since the ecu came back once you have turned the ignition on the dash lights wont go out until you pull the eng control fuse or relay.

Oh, So with what you are saying and what i'm saying is
Does anybody need a engine for their Transits?

Weird about the ecu holding the ignition on, unless they soldered a 'test' link in and forgot to remove it!

See if you can put a link wire on starter to crank it for a few seconds during the the 'final countdown' (think it was a group called Europe that sung that in 1988).

Although not a lot of help to you in the middle of a field, but if you get it back to your workshop, you could try warming (not mad) up the ecu to see if the crystal go's faster and brings down the lock out time.

OFF TOPIC:
Certain radios and sensitive stuff that uses crystals that MUST do what it says on the tin, use 'crystal ovens' on a voltage regultor to keep the frequency spot on. Stops tempreture changine the value.

ON TOPIC:

If you can't fix it make it so nobody else can!

If you could put up here the name of the one only only people that can test and screw up the ecu please.
thanks

busaman
29th November, 2009, 11:15 AM
here ya go i couldnt let it wait it was bugging me.

ECU Repairs in Devon : Tamar Electronics (http://www.dieselecurepairs.com/)

Meat-Head
29th November, 2009, 01:00 PM
here ya go i couldnt let it wait it was bugging me.

ECU Repairs in Devon : Tamar Electronics (http://www.dieselecurepairs.com/)

Awesome, a lot of ecu people go "DIESEL OHH arr OHH, no sorry good buy" and slam the phone down, thanks.

I'll let you contact them first about why it's holding the ignition on.

Up to you if you open it, but my crystall ball has just started working again (it gets bogged down) and looks like it i open the ecu on this one i'm going to kill it dead!

I'll post again in a few days, thanks.

busaman
1st December, 2009, 07:01 PM
did you have any luck,

Meat-Head
1st December, 2009, 11:14 PM
did you have any luck,

Short answer is NO, Dailymotion - Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star - une vid?o Musique (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x714l_buggles-video-killed-the-radio-star_music)

And Meat-Head killed the ECU, that was dead anyway.

Waiting for the guy to get the dosh for new ecu, he called us cu*ts, and Meat-Headshire, being what it is, we found out, so it's at the local Ford Stealers.

I was just about to contact them people you spoke of as the 'Bat Phone'
rung with the above fact, so NO!

How you doing with yours?

New rabbit hutch for your kids?

busaman
1st December, 2009, 11:19 PM
still in the field outa sight outa mind.

Meat-Head
5th January, 2010, 08:05 PM
Forgot about this job, untill see him broke down at the side of bypass (antifreeze all over the road - forgot to report him though!)
http://www.hollywood-diecast.com/dumb%20dumber%20eBay.jpg
whilst going past with the empty toe-truck on xmas eve 4pm.

Anyway yesterday we heard '<jingle, jingle> WHOA, be jesus, we'll stick it here paddy' - was not santa claus coming to pay his bill for the bulb he had - bastard, but infact another one of these things, it was some gypos
towing it with some chain-rail fencing.

Now the intreasting thing is that the guy is using a sawn-off screwdriver
with the transponder taped to it to start it, then he wanted another 'key' for it and the one B&Q sold him won't start it because it has no transponder taped to it.. But even with the red screwdriver it still won't go!

Not going to mess around, just sending it to the people that the O/P sent it to, they are spot on, just get it i*mo'ed off, then he can use any screwdriver then to start it.

Thanks guy DK helps again

looly
19th May, 2010, 10:00 AM
Hi all

Had an enquiry from an ldv dealership....

They have put a new ignition in a 2003 Convoy and now need the keys reprogrammed. Is there anything that can be done?...apart from a match & gallon of petrol!

Cheers.

Meat-Head
19th May, 2010, 12:20 PM
Hi all

Had an enquiry from an ldv dealership....

They have put a new ignition in a 2003 Convoy and now need the keys reprogrammed. Is there anything that can be done?...apart from a match & gallon of petrol!

Cheers.

Ha HA must remeber to start a thread about that, where the dealer of there vechile calls an independant for help thanks.

pryise out the chip out the old key, glue to barrel, then fit an aftermarket immo.

Remember to STING them for the aftermarket immo eg ?150+VAT lol

looly
19th May, 2010, 01:34 PM
Ha HA must remeber to start a thread about that, where the dealer of there vechile calls an independant for help thanks.

pryise out the chip out the old key, glue to barrel, then fit an aftermarket im*o.

Remember to STING them for the aftermarket im*o eg ?150+VAT lol

It is quite funny isn't it!!!

Apparently the van came in as a non runner, they plugged it into their super duper time machine & it said something about a key mis-match. Apparently they need 2 keys to program vehicle and customer only has one. So I guess they thought... Ok we'll put a new barrell in which comes with 2/3 keys & try to get the keys programmed. Now it looks like they're in the cack!!

Meat-Head
19th May, 2010, 09:15 PM
It is quite funny isn't it!!!

Apparently the van came in as a non runner, they plugged it into their super duper time machine & it said something about a key mis-match. Apparently they need 2 keys to program vehicle and customer only has one. So I guess they thought... Ok we'll put a new barrell in which comes with 2/3 keys & try to get the keys programmed. Now it looks like they're in the cack!!

The words OH spring to mind.

A) Find somebody with a 'DEC SUPERSCAN II' and cross fingers
B) Drag to local INDEPENDANT ford dealer (as have old gear in cupboard)
C) Watch the video in this clip for ideas for a STATIC version http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f4/bbc-top-gear-caught-road-again-lol-117311/
D) Email the ECU, KEYS and immo box to the company mentioned in this thread
If you can read the keys with ZEDBULL etc and tell them, just hope they can
'clone' another customers ecu/keys/immo

When it came in, did the immo flash rapidly, ford have a blink code system.

mexanico1971
13th June, 2010, 01:39 AM
YouTube - The Cult "Rain"

dafdiagnos
13th June, 2010, 11:36 PM
did you sort the problem in the end m8?

looly
14th June, 2010, 09:33 PM
did you sort the problem in the end m8?
No m8 I didn't. Thanks for asking though :)

cleevesy
20th June, 2010, 04:30 PM
iv joined the convoy crew. ecu plug corroded all immo pins gone did anyone ever work out how to kill the immo ?

Meat-Head
20th June, 2010, 04:48 PM
did anyone ever work out how to kill the immo ?

This might not be that helpful.

YouTube - Video Killed The Radio Star - Presidents Of The United State

here was a thread where a member managed to suck the immo data?
out of an idenctial ford one.

If this is of no use then http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f135/ford-transit-help-me-immo-off-80611/

Wait till tomorrow

YouTube - Boomtown Rats - I Don't Like Mondays (+Lyrics)

busaman
21st June, 2010, 06:29 AM
as far as i can tell there is no immo off on these piles of s**t the one i looked at last year is still in the field where i gave up on it.

cleevesy
8th July, 2010, 07:13 PM
its the same we me bud at the corner of my car park left to die. think the only wy would be a breaker for ecu,pats box and reader keys etc but thats like hens teeth!!!