PDA

View Full Version : Peugeot 307 cc Immo Active after BSI chanfe

jaykay86
31st July, 2018, 11:00 PM
Good evening,

I hope that some of you guys can help me with my current issue which starts to drive me nuts.

The story: My girlfriends Peugeot 307cc (2004) with 2,0l 16v EW10J4S engine with Magnetti Marelli ECU IAW6LPA02 started to show some eletronic gremlins obviously linked to the BSI. I bought a replacement ECU+BSI+Key+Transponder, but found out that the programming actually did not match the car 100 % and it came from a righthand drive donor vehicle which also caused some trouble with our left hand drive 307CC.

So I decided to dump the file from the original BSI hoping that a simple cloning of the 96160 EEPROM would do the trick and I could have the car up and running with the new BSI with ROM-dump from the original one and all the original peripherals.
Unfortunatelly just cloning the 96160 EEPROM didn't work and the immobilizer kicked in. Is there actually a second ROM which also contains the VIN, key code etc. ? Is the immobilizer part of the BSI or a separate unit ?

Now I'm hoping for your support to fix that issue since the car really starts to drive me mad.

What would be your advice to fix the issue ? Deactivating the immobilizer or better virginizing the EEPROM of the BSI and recode all the options on board with diagbox ?
Since I never did work to the immobilizer/ECU/BSI, do you have some advise how to do that with diagbox ? I was actually able to extract the Key-Code (HXM3) from my ROM-dump, do I have to enter the key during the recoding of the BSI ?

The VIN of the car is VF33BRFKC83360359.

Thank you very much in advance I hope you have some helpful advice.

Best regards
Johannes

RFRemotes
3rd August, 2018, 03:13 PM
Check which MCU is used on both BSI inits. They must have exactly the same version otherwise just cloning 95160 eeprom will not be enough. If MC68HC912DG128 is used you must reflash it also.

electrones
3rd August, 2018, 03:25 PM
Dear friend
first to cloning to work u need BSI with same parts HW-SW
second u need to read flash and eeprom to write donor BSI the job done
put here more details about your BSI

Cheers

Zmann
4th August, 2018, 02:44 PM
The BSI with 95160 is with NEC MCU and no programmer found! So just left only virgin option.

jaykay86
4th August, 2018, 03:23 PM
Hello Zmann, yes Original and spare BSI are with NEC MCU. Is there Something Special about virginizing the BSI with NEC MCU or is erasing the 96160 and reprogramming the BSI with diagbox afterwards sufficient ?

Thank you all for your help, since im abroad at the Moment i can't Check and compare the actual Firmware Versions on both BSIs. But I definitely know that they were not identical.

But If really none of the Common Flashers Supports the NEC MCU i can't so much about that, right?

Zmann
6th August, 2018, 04:01 PM
Yes, only virgin eeprom needed. Possibly just some minor function of the car may be missing by different flash but the correct virgin you found should work on any version of flash.

jaykay86
13th August, 2018, 05:24 PM
Hi together,
before using the virginized file I wanted to try to go back to the data state that was originally on the replacement BSI. After reflashing it successfully I tried it out and still have problems with an active immo.

1. Is the immobilizer actually part of the BSI, the ECU or a seperate unit? Since my version of diagbox 8 does not support online functionality (according to my dealer) is there any other possibility to reprogram the PIN besides the Peugeot dealer after reading it from the ROM-dump ?

2. When I now use the virginized .bin-File I created with the original dump from the replacement BSI do I still have to expect an active immobilizer ?

At the moment even the wipers have started to go crazy :(

That thing is really starting to drive me nuts since I put so much time and effort in soldering, desoldering, analysis.....

Thank you guys, you are my only hope at the moment.

Best regards

kiszka
13th August, 2018, 07:14 PM

jaykay86
14th August, 2018, 02:45 PM
Hey Kiszka,

I just tried your new file. The car thankfully quit going crazy and I am able to operate the el. windows open the trunk etc.
What doesn't work at the moment is the remote central locking and the engine won't fire up.

Any ideas how to proceed in the next step ?

Apart from that do you have an idea what went wrong with my EEPROM read-out ? Wrong settings in the Minipro-Software I was using or is there any kind of encryption ? I was using an ordinary Minipro TL866CS.

Thank you very much :courage:

nazz2
14th August, 2018, 04:38 PM
Watch this guy, he is good, then you know what to do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE3lLwK79-8