PDA

View Full Version : Opening for BDM read mercedes EDC16C2 ecu's

ivanmihov
7th August, 2018, 02:40 PM
i have never tried to read this edc16c2 ecu's,i always do them obd with kess no problems so far,but i read that they are not easy to open like other edc16's is it true ? I will buy one just to try to open it without breaking it

ilkertdi
7th August, 2018, 03:05 PM
i have never tried to read this edc16c2 ecu's,i always do them obd with kess no problems so far,but i read that they are not easy to open like other edc16's is it true ? I will buy one just to try to open it without breaking it

Use kess v2. I did a lot of without problem via kess...
Open the backside of ecu hard. You can may damage ecu.

ivanmihov
8th August, 2018, 06:34 AM
so my nightmare is real kess froze on 50 %

my edc16c2 is bricked any pictures or advices how to open and recover this bloody edc16c2

ilkertdi
8th August, 2018, 06:39 AM
so my nightmare is real kess froze on 50 %

my edc16c2 is bricked any pictures or advices how to open and recover this bloody edc16c2

First open this ecu..
And then you will see gray frame.
Heat up ecu..
And then reserve via a thin ecu on gray frame slowly.

ivanmihov
8th August, 2018, 06:51 AM
it''s gonna be a big nightmare

ilkertdi
8th August, 2018, 06:53 AM
it''s gonna be a big nightmare

Yes.. But dont worry bro. It is an clonable ecu. Also can do immo off :)

ivanmihov
8th August, 2018, 07:19 AM
i managed to recover it with kess recovery function,don't know why froze on 50 %.car battery is on charger,laptop on charger,checksum is ok,my kess is the problem,which tool is better to use to write this ecu i have galleto v54 and mpps v16 for obd writing

ilkertdi
8th August, 2018, 07:39 AM
i managed to recover it with kess recovery function,don't know why froze on 50 %.car battery is on charger,laptop on charger,checksum is ok,my kess is the problem,which tool is better to use to write this ecu i have galleto v54 and mpps v16 for obd writing

Kess better... But i think youre using clone

sdtsedat
8th August, 2018, 07:51 AM
If you use clone tools, you can better do bmw and mercedes with fgtech, is more stable.

I brick 4 - 5 times this type of ecu with clone kess and recover with fgtech (just write without ecu data).

& one more thing, edc16c2 is very easy to open, i think you mean edc16c31.

This last type ecu, you need flip pcb to become bdm pads.

Good luck!
Regards,

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

mvekaz
8th August, 2018, 08:09 AM
Yes edc16c2 is not problem to open, edc16c31 is another story, do not touch this ecu, best way is to cut hole with dremel on position where there are bdm pads.
Good luck.

ivanmihov
8th August, 2018, 09:07 AM
indeed this one is edc16c2 very easy to open,so the hard one is edc16c31 i will fight with him some day,anyway mpps v16 did the job,thanks everyone for useful posts