PDA

View Full Version : DM800 New Motor Setup

shere
23rd November, 2009, 12:05 PM
Hi, I am new to have a motorised setup.

I have an original DM800 and have been using this for about a yearr on Astra2a fine, a friend of mine who is a Sat Installer setup a dish for me with a diseqc 1.2 motor. We had issues with setting up usual so we reverted to sotring the positions. I have searched evrywhere for tutorials on getting this to work.

What I have tried so far is

1) Set up the tuner, set the desired sat - Hotbird 19.2,
2) Create the channel list,
3) Check in Sat Finder to see if it is listed
4) Complete a reboot of enigma
5) Do a sat search for the signal by moving the dish either 'East' or 'West'.

By doing the above method, the dish sometimes moved and lockes in but it is hit and miss, once it does lock in to the sat I can fine tune it and then I store it to the same number as number 1. If I go back in to Satfinder it is there and visible, if I then go back and start from number 1 with another Sat I have problems when I get to step 5. The dish just doesnt want to move, and when it does it is random. I have to reboot and then try and try and try. I did manage to setup 2 sats but then I moved one step forwards and 3 steps backwards.

Can somebody please adivse what I am doing is correct?

Would it be far easier if I were to use a VBox and buy a Sat Meter?

westkill
23rd November, 2009, 01:22 PM
this may work
goto menu>setup>positioner setup> goto o
if your dish is setup correct
which should move to default setting in motor or is a reset button on motor
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/westkill/albums/1/2819-screenshot-1.jpg

this is my advanced tuner settings using usuals on 28.2e
you will have to change your long and lat settings for your area
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/westkill/albums/1/2818-screenshot.jpg
then hightlight 2nd option down satellite
scroll left our right to next sat example 19.2e
goto 3rd option lnb scroll right this will set you all your long lat for this
sat like the first one in 28.2e

then download these sat channels settings
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f95/e2-channel-settings-cuberevo-45-east-53-west-47444/index3.html

download this programe
here
Digital Kaos - Downloads - Dreambox edit . V3.0 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/other/8/dreambox-edit-v3-0-698/)
set the progame to talk to the box
there is a help button on the programe to help set it up
send the settings to your box
hopefully should work lol

shere
23rd November, 2009, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the reply.

If I reset the motor will this do it any harm? i.e will it take it back to 0 Degrees?

Once I download your settings and upload using Dreambox Edit, I'll amend the settings for my Lat/Long for each configured Sat.

Do I then search for the positions in positioner setup? or will Satfinder will have them listed and I just do a manual search for the channel listings?

Many thanks.

westkill
23rd November, 2009, 02:43 PM
the settings in the motor shuold be there for all sats even if goto 0

if your dish and motor were installed to the correct inlinement
should be no need to go to positoner setup but can just check
to make sure you get a lock on to a sat

once channel settings are setup
try and see if any channel works on say 28.2e
if it does try a channel on 19.2e
then the motor should be working ok
if no channels in sat list
may have to do a scan
if so
do a manual single sat scan
as automatic scan goes on for ages lol

shere
23rd November, 2009, 03:15 PM
thanks, I will give this a go tonight and report back.

shere
23rd November, 2009, 07:44 PM
hi, I tried the setting and they worked for the three sats I configured in Usuals. I then had to fine tune them to improve signal and stored them under different numbers.

When I stored the current sat the signal was fine, when I went to another Sat and then back to the original the singnal strength would go back to the original.

Then for no apparent reason, I cannot get any signal now, the AGC is about 90%, when I try to switch sats it doesnt pick anything up, nothing in sat finder or positioner.

I have tried re-loading the settings and re-doing the procedure but nothing.

I am using the Nabilosat 0.12 Image.

Any ideas please?

FatLadZ
24th November, 2009, 11:39 PM
your dish is out of alignment then.
i know this as im the same as you and had to manually store mine on my dm500s now i have a dm800hd that i have exactly the same problem as you :(
hence how i came accross your thread here :)

shere
25th November, 2009, 01:56 PM
The pole is level and sqaure, how do I check the alighnment?

You're probably right. Usuals is kind of working now. It works fine on Hotord 13.0 and Astra 19.0, Astra 2a 28.2 only a few channels work.

Checked a few others 0.8W, no signal, 30W Hipstat no signal.

Do I need to reset the Diseqc motor?

shere
25th November, 2009, 03:07 PM
The motor does move to the direction of the satelite, not sure how accurate it is in terms of locking in to the sat but if it is setup in usuals and selected in the listings the motor does move.

So need to know why it is not picking up the sats, but the motor is turning when the sat is selected.

shere
26th November, 2009, 01:01 PM
any help with this please?

Curious123
26th November, 2009, 01:19 PM
If you can't get the BBC World Service on Thor 1W then your dish is not aligned and nothig you do will really work. Whenever my dish moves I always go back to Thor 1w and then work on getting the rest of the sats.

shere
26th November, 2009, 01:29 PM
Many thanks, will try from here and then work on the other sats.

Curious123
26th November, 2009, 01:57 PM
Many thanks, will try from here and then work on the other sats.

Since you already have 28.2E, 19.2E and 13.0E you can send it to BBC World Services on Thor 1W and just try wobbling your dish a little from side to side or up and down until you get some sort of picture. You want maximum signal on this channel to stand a chance of getting the rest.

shere
26th November, 2009, 02:16 PM
does this means my usuals and long/kat positions is correctly setup in the receiver?

So I need to start by tuning to BBC World Services on Thor 1W and then the other sats should fall in the sync, correct?

So I should set this sat up first in usuals, make sure the dish is pointing to this location and then setup the other sats accordingly?

Many thanks for the help so far. :-)

Curious123
26th November, 2009, 02:35 PM
does this means my usuals and long/kat positions is correctly setup in the receiver?

So I need to start by tuning to BBC World Services on Thor 1W and then the other sats should fall in the sync, correct?

So I should set this sat up first in usuals, make sure the dish is pointing to this location and then setup the other sats accordingly?

Many thanks for the help so far. :-)

Yes, but be careful that while you are messing about with the BBC Wolrd Service that you don't loosen your dish too much or move it too much as you look as if you are 75% aligned and you just need fine tuning.

shere
4th December, 2009, 12:19 PM
I've tested the same settings on my Technomate 9100s and the motor works fine and I can pick up the sats.

Why is it that the procedure on the DM800 isnt as stable?

Is there somehting I am doing differently or missing?

micflair
24th February, 2010, 02:09 PM
you ever get this sorted mate? Im having similar probs.. grr.