PDA

View Full Version : first time for bench mapping a ecu

newtothis017
12th August, 2018, 10:26 PM
bought my self a spare used ecu to have ago at bench mapping its a bosch edc15c7 opel the kit im trying out is FGtech couple of stupid questions the lead i use to pin out have multiple reds , blacks etc is that due to some ecu pin outs requireing more then one live or earth . next question i believe for this ecu it requires a ground to be soldered on to a place on the ecu . my question is can that be a ground on my lead used for pinning out ?? . hence the reason buying a used ecu and a test dummy

morgano
13th August, 2018, 09:58 AM
The lead you are using has many red and black wires because of many times is needed more than one connections to +12 and gnd.

I guess you want to bootmode read that ecu, to put your ecu in bootmode is better not to solder the boot wire, just connect it before you switch on the ecu and after that just disconnect it.

For that purpose the lead has a thin grey wire, which is nothing but a gnd with a 1K resistor in the middle.

So, pin the ecu to the plug with needed red, black and green wires, touch with the grey wire the bootpin (29fxxx pin 24 in your ecu) and power up ecu with lead switch, remove contact from grey wire to pin 24 of flash and click read in bootmode.

newtothis017
14th August, 2018, 07:15 PM
appreciate that thanks will be doing it the weekend and will let you no the outcome

morgano
14th August, 2018, 11:37 PM
appreciate that thanks will be doing it the weekend and will let you no the outcome

If you do it well, the outcome will be you read the ecu, but need to go step by step as i told you or you will not succeed. Before the steps need to select in galletto software driver for Tool Boot -> Tools Boot mode -> Siemens-Infineon C167-> and then a ME7 that matches your flash chip (29f400 or 29f800)

Do not try to ID the ecu in bootmode, click directly to READ.

newtothis017
18th August, 2018, 03:44 PM
tryed with no luck just kept saying unable to boot . will try agin in the week

newtothis017
18th August, 2018, 05:26 PM
quick up date retryed and managed to read the file :)

bdperform
19th August, 2018, 01:38 PM
Remember to use a good power supply, if you brick this ecu it go direct on trash..