PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the motor

calisto
28th August, 2008, 08:32 PM
Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help?

Have set up the cable side of the box & just setting up sat side of it.

Have got the latest Eagle on image & all is working fine moving fromm 28e to 31w but will not go past those settings even though they are there on the image & the box tells you it is moving. Had Inno on it before & the same thing, can move it by hand remote. The motor is Satcatcher from Wizard, about a year ago.

Thanks
Calsito

father ted
28th August, 2008, 08:37 PM
hi m8 can you re-set the motor itself?does it have manual buttons on it so that when your up the ladder you can turn it ?i found i had a problem with my motor when i first got it but found it only needed reset i see from your post that youve had it over a year so im assuming it was working b4 so what has changed ?

aftermath
28th August, 2008, 08:40 PM
could be the motor mate. Might only be programmed for those sats.

is it DISEqc 1.2 ?

should tell you in your manual what it will turn to.

also make sure you enter your Longitude and latitude in the usals settings.

Devilfish
28th August, 2008, 08:48 PM
The image is probably designed for the whole world. Even though the sat positions are there on your box, doesn't mean the motor can physically travel to that position.

Have a look at the position of the motor at 28e and 31w, does it look like it can travel further? Are you locking onto sats between 28e and 31w? If you are I don't see a problem.

Because of the curvature of the earth, it's not possible for you to lock on to every satellite in the world. 28e and 31w are probably about your limits.

aftermath
28th August, 2008, 08:58 PM
I know mine will reach between 42 east , and 43 west, but on the later ones , i dont pick up much , only 1 or 2 channels and not worth having TBH.

Curious123
29th August, 2008, 12:18 AM
Have a look at your manual, it could be limits set by the motor by default.

.: JaCkPoT :.
29th August, 2008, 01:09 AM
Make sure you delete all limits on the receiver as this could be the reason. These limits are used so the dish doesnt hit walls and trees. Anything past 30west isnt worthwhile but going east most sats till 68.5 are good so i wouldn mind 31w but i would mind the loss of the eastwards ones.

calisto
29th August, 2008, 07:57 PM
Thanks to all for getting back to me.

hi m8 can you re-set the motor itself?does it have manual buttons on it so that when your up the ladder you can turn it ?i found i had a problem with my motor when i first got it but found it only needed reset i see from your post that youve had it over a year so im assuming it was working b4 so what has changed ?

It's my cousins box & he had an Inno on it before but the motor was not set up right & he could only get Nova on it, what he wanted cos he is the orginial Nick the Greek.

Yes it has got manual buttons on it & can move to Hellasat(which has got more Greek progs on it) but when you move it back to say thor it will not go back to 39 e.