PDA

View Full Version : Requesting Answers From Tuning Community Experts

battleship7
17th August, 2018, 01:26 PM
Hello my brothers of the tuning world. I am just getting into this tuning work specifically for DPF, EGR and Immo issues. I have a few question I would like to ask; it really seems answers are difficult to come by on the internet so please forgive some of my questions if they sound like they are from a stone cold newbie [which I am]. I'd really appreciate your help on any questions you can answer;

1) Do I necessarily have to remove the physical DPF if I turn it off on the ECU?
2) How is it possible that DPF is physically removed on a mercedes [M (164) and E (211)] without any DPF Calibration on ECU and vehicle operates as normal? Is there some sort voodoo going on?
3) I recently placed an order for KTAG equipment, and I am just noticing that it wont work on a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee since KTAG only seems to work with tradition Bosch, Marelli, Siemens, SAGEM ECUs. What Equipment would you recommend that works on later versions of Jeep Cherokee ECUs? See attached image

Thank you

sdtsedat
17th August, 2018, 01:53 PM
Welcome on our forum,
We are ready to help you.

Don't forget our forum rules, help people if you need help.

If you remove DPF from ecu without empty dpf, your dpf soot become on high level and clug your DPF because no more regeneration.
On your mercedes, unplug your exhaust or dpf and delete physical, after this you need do dpf off on your ecu.

I don't know what ecu this is what you attach, i think sid..X
regards from Belgium

battleship7
17th August, 2018, 02:02 PM
Welcome on our forum,
We are ready to help you.

Don't forget our forum rules, help people if you need help.

If you remove DPF from ecu without empty dpf, your dpf soot become on high level and clug your DPF because no more regeneration.
On your mercedes, unplug your exhaust or dpf and delete physical, after this you need do dpf off on your ecu.

I don't know what ecu this is what you attach, i think sid..X
regards from Belgium

Thank you. Indeed I intend to help others the best I can here. Its really a great forum

Anyways for the Jeep Grand Cherokee, the ECU is just written Continental Corporation. That's all it says