PDA

View Full Version : VW Golf Mk6 (5K) GTi ECU not working after Kess OBD Read Attempt

Tefocm
18th August, 2018, 02:08 PM
Hello guys, a friend of mine tried to flash a file onto an ECU (5K0 907 115) with Kess via OBD, the car never started again, no EPC light, check engine light doesnt come on until later when the fans start running.

I tried to read the Flash with VVDi, the machine just freezes, and then loses comms with PC.
Tried with K-Tag and Kessy, everything freezes the moment I connect power.

Any help will be very appreciated.

sdtsedat
18th August, 2018, 02:19 PM
flash SGO frf with odis or use abrites or Vag can pro

Tefocm
18th August, 2018, 04:57 PM
I am currently trying to read with VVDI and the machine gets no comms when I connect the ECU Reflash cable. Any idea?

bersch8688
18th August, 2018, 05:02 PM
... Use Ktag!

jenny123
20th August, 2018, 12:54 PM
I think topic might be a little bit confusing -> "GTi ECU not working after Kess OBD Read Attempt"

In post u wrote:

"a friend of mine tried to flash a file onto an ECU (5K0 907 115) with Kess via OBD"

???

Maartinj
21st August, 2018, 05:02 AM
I am currently trying to read with VVDI and the machine gets no comms when I connect the ECU Reflash cable. Any idea?
what for ?

... your only one skils is OBD ?

Tefocm
22nd August, 2018, 02:44 PM
... Use Ktag!

Failed with K-Tag, the whole thing freezes once you connect the ECU to the machine, tried it again with VVDI...Same problem, now all the PCs in the shop are complaining about drivers when we connect equipment...mxm!

Tefocm
22nd August, 2018, 02:48 PM
I think topic might be a little bit confusing -> "GTi ECU not working after Kess OBD Read Attempt"

In post u wrote:

"a friend of mine tried to flash a file onto an ECU (5K0 907 115) with Kess via OBD"

???

Cant seem to figure out whats confusing mate.

Kess, plugged into the OBD Port, Load a file, Half way through the process it failed or something, Now there is no EPC...Based on the replies I think everyone else gets it.

morgano
22nd August, 2018, 02:53 PM
Well title sais freeze after read attempt and reality is freeze after write attempt.

Anyway, for using ktag you need take ecu out and open it, is not possible all freezes by connecting just by bad obd flash attempt.

Ktag is not OBD TOOL. But bench, so requires take ecu apart and pin it on bench.

jenny123
22nd August, 2018, 04:06 PM
Cant seem to figure out whats confusing mate.

Kess, plugged into the OBD Port, Load a file, Half way through the process it failed or something, Now there is no EPC...Based on the replies I think everyone else gets it.

I think ecu was bricked during FLASH not READ

M8

saxomania
22nd August, 2018, 04:28 PM
the software is corrupted.in obd not work
you need a writte on bench in boot mode.
i if need a help. talk to me

mack0r
22nd August, 2018, 04:29 PM
Probably ecu have tprot and you must read and write by bdm. Write org file via obd and car must run. Then open ecu and do with ktag

saxomania
23rd August, 2018, 01:39 AM
I already did many with MagicMotorsport X17 in boot our obd

amelio1k
23rd August, 2018, 10:17 PM
write back ori file in boot mode with ktag.... kess obd file bricked your ecu..... if you need ori file pm me will send via email

Tefocm
26th August, 2018, 11:20 AM
Guys I was able to write a new file back on with VVDI, now I am having a new problem, any advice on how I can get rid of the "Immobilizer Activated" on the dash?

amelio1k
30th August, 2018, 11:53 PM
is the car starting?

Guys I was able to write a new file back on with VVDI, now I am having a new problem, any advice on how I can get rid of the "Immobilizer Activated" on the dash?

Tefocm
1st February, 2019, 10:48 PM
is the car starting?
Wasup man...just saw this...yeah...car started...but Immo Activated showed on dash...

razorsfw
25th March, 2019, 07:44 PM
what is VVDI, im experiencing the same problem? had the exact same experience as you, cannot flash back the original .ori that was backed up