PDA

View Full Version : Is mileage correction still worth doing in the UK

smokingaces
26th August, 2018, 12:43 PM
This is more aim for you folks in the UK, do you not think mileage correction is worth still doing? I have been at this game for 18 years now and seen many changes and mostly all for the worse. about 3 years ago I got into another business that has done well, and mileage is more a sideline business these days. I can pick and choose my job, and charge reasonable good money still, as I had a decent size customer base from years ago. I just can't see how anyone new coming into the game can make money, especially if they are buying the more expensive programmers.
Pricing has been a race too the bottom over the last 5 years and good reliable SW is more expensive too buy, why would anyone consider this as a good business now.

morrisgauge
26th August, 2018, 05:52 PM
I feel that the UK may be unique in geography, etc., and thus I cannot personally speak to the market there. As a general principle of economics, if the money is enough to feel confident in continuation, then the market is robust. There will always be competition, but quality work stands on its own merit. The cost barrier to entry keeps sub par technicians out of the market and those that choose to operate with sub par technology will eventually fold under market pressure.
As time marches on, software complexity will only increase as product demand remains constant. The underlying market forces will still remain, so no, I don't think the business will go away or become unprofitable. It will just be harder to enter and maintain said business. Ultimately, its better for the consumer and the market, in my opinion.

vageric
26th August, 2018, 06:45 PM
the mileage correction is world wide almost dead.
all because of the chinees clones and the internet.
buy a upa clone for 5usd and post a dump and charge 20usd and your done.
also becuase alot of cars you can do now through obd.
buy a digiprog3 clone or a obdstar x100/x300 for 100usd and you can do alot of car for 20usd.
the game will change maybe in the future because they protect the cars now more better then first.
and almost all companys are using internet protection now against copying/cloning.
then maybe you can charge good money again for high end cars like Bmw, Mercedes, ect, ect.

motorsport
26th August, 2018, 09:01 PM
No futur we are on the end of this work

lexidime
8th October, 2018, 03:51 AM
The business is going to die eventually because vehicles in the near future will be reporting real time data to the manufactures. The science behind doing that will allow vehicle manufacture to cut development time (cost) by putting out half developed vehicles into the market and make tweaks wirelessly. This will save the manufactures money buy remotely calibrating systems where the goal is to mainly preventing national recalls to where the problem could be fixed before the consumer even notice it. which equals no free fixes at the dealership but the downside to us is that all of that data will be transmitted back to the mothership.
CHARGE Sensibility now because when this ride is over you better have enough capital for your new venture.