PDA

View Full Version : Helping the coders create more space on E2 images

aftermath
25th November, 2009, 01:38 PM
Now that the E2 images are looking very good and more stable.

The coders are needing to create more space in order to make them better.

I am asking this question to be able to help them in making space to be able to add better plugins e.t.c.

Mainly i an speaking for the PKT team but i am sure other teams are as interested.

Are you happy with the default skin now on latest image, can you do without other skins ?

any other things you can do without to create more space ?

bro
30th November, 2009, 08:42 PM
default skin looks ok to me and personnally on bothered if the image is stable,if i get more time this week i will have a proper look to see what else i could do without and wouldnt miss

grizzlyt
4th December, 2009, 09:40 AM
The space in memory is limited, you have double the build in memory then on a Kathrein, but half that of a Dreambox.

E2 is a memory hog, have you tried the E1 HD Firmware from ABcom, it could be a solution for some people.

The skins are very often the problem in the E2 images, as they are ported over from another E2 box.

Some Python code is also problematic, switching between two versions.

These inconsistencies are likely to be fixed in the future and the teams are working hard on optimizing and fixing bugs.

There could be very lean images soon, but it isn't a priority right now.

aftermath
4th December, 2009, 01:02 PM
it would be nice to have a stripped down version of E2, with very basic needs.
Then the user can put on what they would like.
for example.

I only use E2 in flash for the default skin, incubiscamd,newcs,mgcamd and would like cross epg.

I would be more than happy to have an E2 Flash image with just those for me.
Then maybe people can add what they like , but have to keep an eye on the memory , because if you use all the memory ive found the box wont boot.

The question i asked in firsy post is for a friend who makes E2 and NLB images, and he is wanting to help people to get the image that we want. Thats why i say basic image, i dont use all those plugins and stuff.

Also we need the recording to work, and play files, like mp3 e.t.c