PDA

View Full Version : TWINGO ECU HELP PLEASE

autoworks
25th November, 2009, 11:22 PM
Hello I need help with a crash twingo 2007 turbo 1.2

Both air bags have deployed,I have replaced the air bag ecu with a unit that was re-coded by a company in leeds. The car now still will not start looks like the im*obilizer is stopping the car starting as i have no fuel pump or spark.

I have tried to access the ecu with my kts but it fails to recognize the ecu which is a sim 32.I only have basic skill in diag so im not sure if im missing something simple.My software version of kts is 2008 and does not have twingo 2,but i would have thought that some of the onther models would allow me to access.I can get basic functions via obd but cannot get into imobiliser or engine managment,it cant find these.

ive been told that it could be the re-set air bag ecu,apparently it sends a sigal to the imob to allow the car to start,i have no way of checking this appart from swapping with a new unit!

Any direction would be very welcome

Thanks John

PAVLOS2
26th November, 2009, 09:27 AM
check all fuses and remove airbag unit from car it should start even without airbag unit .The fact that you can not comunicate with engine ecu is probably fuse or wiring problem check both of thase !!!!

GOOD LUCK !!!

autoworks
26th November, 2009, 11:01 PM
checked all fuses and remove airbag unit from car it should start even without airbag unit .The fact that you can not communicate with engine ecu is probably fuse or wiring problem check both of these !!!!

GOOD LUCK !!!
Hi thanks

Power to the ecu all fuses in tact,My local Renault guys tell me that the air bag ecu send signal to ecu to remove immobiliser?...He is convinced that the cause is in the air bag ecu.I can read certain parts of the ecu live data etc but cannot get into the engine man or the immobiliser with my kts.

garyf
25th January, 2010, 09:12 PM
Hi
Did you get round to rectify this problem have you got the solution. I have the same problem.

Cheers
Gary

MEH
25th January, 2010, 10:38 PM
WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?
CAR NO START
OR
DIAG NO COMMUNICATION WITH ECU

otas1
25th January, 2010, 10:46 PM
I had a similar problem at Espace,in the airbag unit is embedded
impact fuse - fuel pump no function.
Watch el.schema.
O.

MEH
26th January, 2010, 05:25 PM
OK

FOR ALL POST

IF YOURS CARS NO START AFTER CRASH PLEAZ AND AIRBAG OPEN

I EXPLAIN YOU HOW START THE CAR WITH CLIP

garyf
26th January, 2010, 08:11 PM
It is a Renault Twingo. Its had a new airbag ECU after deployment I have programmed it using clip and I have cleared all DTCs in all ECUs. Car will not start no DTCs in any ECUs. Anyone any ideas. I am convinced the airbag ECU is programmed and configured correctly as I have programmed 100s of Renault airbag ECUs using clip.

Gary

MEH
2nd February, 2010, 05:57 PM
for all

the problem of gary is resolved with my method

thanks

garyf
2nd February, 2010, 08:43 PM
I can confirm that problem solved car started. Many thanks to this member MEH. Truly grateful

Gary

electromech
2nd February, 2010, 09:30 PM
Hi thanks

Power to the ecu all fuses in tact,My local Renault guys tell me that the air bag ecu send signal to ecu to remove immobiliser?...He is convinced that the cause is in the air bag ecu.I can read certain parts of the ecu live data etc but cannot get into the engine man or the immobiliser with my kts.
Reset crash data in all modules

xpto
21st April, 2010, 02:07 PM
you need to clear crash from airbag ecu.then when you connect ecu again turn ignition and you will see the flashing ligths on and the fuel pump will turn on and the car will start.if it dont star clear the crash from the 95160 in the engine ecu.

willow2010
9th August, 2010, 04:17 PM
Hi can you please tell me how this was resolved. I have same problem. All airbags replaced and no fault codes showing...

Thanks

MEH
9th August, 2010, 09:47 PM
do you have a twingo 2
gasoil?
or
benzin?

Electroniccar
10th August, 2010, 08:14 AM
Guys!
No airbag ECU does not start the engine block!
This is what happened to the Twingo is obviously immo block or a lack of power to the engine ECU.

willow2010
10th August, 2010, 09:33 PM
Hi Its a 2008 twingo 1.2 petrol... Thanks

marinero123
17th August, 2010, 11:51 AM
Hi Its a 2008 twingo 1.2 petrol... Thanks

repair airbag modul ( "clear crash data" ) or replace it with other good and then clear all DTC?s from all moduls from car .
Same problem with some new FIAT petrol cars..