PDA

View Full Version : Switching from cable to satellite?

dc_uk
29th August, 2008, 07:18 PM
Hey guys,

I'm a looong time D500C user :) My box has been great to me, but unfortunately I'm moving to a flat with no cable. It has all the connections ready for sky I believe, with a plug socket on the wall in the lounge directly into a shared satellite dish on the roof of flats.

On cable, all you have to do is have a cable feed into the house, get yourself a splitter and plug one bit of coax into the cable box, and one bit of coax into the modem for your internet.

Is it as simple as this with satellite? Do I have to pay for a basic service with Sky?

I don't even know where to begin, so if anyone can give me some advice or point me in the right direction, it'd be appreciated :)!

firestorm
29th August, 2008, 08:01 PM
hi dc you will not open anthing other than the free channels on sly with a dreambox and for some of them you will need the basic card the only way is via cardshareing wich is against the rule to discus on here you will find more help on Cardsharing Gbox Cccam Server Card Sharing Dreambox Howto Tutorial (http://www.eurocardsharing.com) web site but it is not as easy as cable

dc_uk
29th August, 2008, 08:28 PM
hi dc you will not open anthing other than the free channels on sly with a dreambox and for some of them you will need the basic card the only way is via cardshareing wich is against the rule to discus on here you will find more help on Cardsharing Gbox Cccam Server Card Sharing Dreambox Howto Tutorial (http://www.eurocardsharing.com) web site but it is not as easy as cable

Thanks for the pointer. Sounds more effort than it's worth. Might have to get out of bed and go to pub to watch footie ;(

:manuscarf:

Curious123
29th August, 2008, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the pointer. Sounds more effort than it's worth. Might have to get out of bed and go to pub to watch footie ;(

:manuscarf:

If you guys stop thinking S*y all the time you will find that there is so much avaiable through staellite than S*y could ever offer. You are right when you say you are probably better off watching footie down the pub than trying to sort out your satellite setup.

firestorm
30th August, 2008, 01:10 PM
i dont think the other tenant would be to happy dc you got the ladders out and moved the dish from 28e that why sly is the only option for dc

Curious123
30th August, 2008, 02:26 PM
i dont think the other tenant would be to happy dc you got the ladders out and moved the dish from 28e that why sly is the only option for dc

Point taken. I guess should read these posts more carefully.

.: JaCkPoT :.
30th August, 2008, 02:52 PM
The only option for him will be freesat, subbed sky or a more effortfull cardsharing which help cant be asked for here.

ZiderIup
30th August, 2008, 03:16 PM
always wonderd if that was the case thanks

father ted
30th August, 2008, 04:16 PM
Point taken. I guess should read these posts more carefully.

you make me laff curious :roflmao:

dc_uk
31st August, 2008, 09:46 AM
This thread has some great avatars ;)