PDA

View Full Version : Torque monitoring

mack0r
5th September, 2018, 11:24 PM
Will anyone help me understand the functioning of torque monitoring? In which car brands it appears. When will I get the torque monitoring error if I change the DW map? if I change the nm2iq map? if I change the TL map? I would like to understand how torque monitoring works and how to avoid possible detection of changes in maps by just a trq monitor. I know that it is possible to turn off the monitor but it is certainly difficult and I would rather know how to avoid it.

mack0r
6th September, 2018, 12:25 PM
Up!
Anyone can explain?

Ignasvw
6th September, 2018, 12:37 PM
Torque monitoring is just a limiter in ecu who prevents too high torque-to save engine . older ecus doesnt have it.

mack0r
6th September, 2018, 01:07 PM
that's all I know. I know that it occurs in edc17 but not all car brands. In what brands or in which ECUs is there? when will the trq monitor give an error? Which maps should not be changed or changed, but how should you avoid the error?

OVERSPEED
6th September, 2018, 01:26 PM
It begin in 2000 with ME7, after all bosch has torque monitoring and all other brands operate like this since then (Ok, Delco and others taka some years to change completly)

mack0r
6th September, 2018, 01:38 PM
I made several cars on edc15 edc16 and edc17 but the last ones were only cp14 and I never had an error on the monitor. I'm afraid to do edc17 in a BMW Hyundai citroen ... because I heard that the trq monitor is causing problems there. how is it?