PDA

View Full Version : wembley

dazza78
30th August, 2008, 10:35 AM
PES 2009 is on its way to Wembley!

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced that it has secured an agreement to feature Wembley Stadium in its forthcoming PES 2009 title for PLAYSTATION?3, Xbox 360, PC-DVD, PlayStation?2 and PSP? (PlayStation?Portable).

The publisher has agreed a three-year deal with Wembley Stadium which will allow an accurately modeled version of the English national stadium to appear in PES 2009. The Tokyo-based development team has been given unrivalled access to Wembley?s schematics and has created a stunning in-game replica of the footballing landmark. It marks the first of a number of agreements which will see PES 2009 bolstered by a number of new officially licensed additions and key new gameplay features.

PES 2009 is the latest installment of the award-winning Pro Evolution Soccer Series, which is known by millions of fans for its intuitive gameplay and incredible realism. For PES 2009, Konami is set to announce a raft of new additions that will further bridge the gap between PES and the real thing. The new game has undergone a stunning graphical update to ensure its players look and move even more like their real-life counterparts. Similarly, all-new options allow users to tailor the game to their own tastes, while new moves, innovative new control elements and key online elements will further the realism of the new game.

?Wembley is synonymous with the game of football and is a sporting icon known the world over. and we are extremely proud to be featuring the stunning new stadium in PES 2009,? commented Jon Murphy, PES Project Leader for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. ?It will be the perfect location to showcase the new aesthetics and stunning gameplay of PES 2009, and Japan has done an incredible job of recreating this amazing stadium for the new game.?

Tom Halsey, Wembley Stadium?s Head of Sponsorship, said: ?We are delighted that the stadium will be featuring in PES 2009. Pro Evolution Soccer is one of the world?s leading football console games and it is fitting that the newly rebuilt home of football is an integral part of the new game?s design. The team has really captured the unique design of the stadium ? it looks fantastic on screen.?

dazza78
30th August, 2008, 10:37 AM
now does that look amazeing or wot?
i think it looks fantastic
cant wait
dazza

dazza78
30th August, 2008, 10:47 AM
just found this trailer of pes9
check it out
dazza78

Blog - Konami (http://uk.games.konami-europe.com/blog.do#blog-entry-54)

<--dazza78 added 1 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...-->

abit more info here peeps

PES 2009
PES 2009: Key additions

Here is some of the new features and key additions you can expect in the new version of PES 2009.

Gameplay:
Close control more intuitive:

* Manual cursor control
* Adjusted trick control for easier control ? more within natural control parameters than via special movements

Ball movement more realistic:

* Ball has always been treated as separate entity, but 2009 has new air resistance calculations for trajectory of ball
* Instant control. Buttons presses are no longer stored, making for a crisper playing style
* Heavier foot-in tackles, depending on the length X is depressed
* New friction routines to affect ball movement in terms of ground conditions
* Backspin routines calculated so ball slows accordingly
* The bounce of the ball can be used more effectively: players can flick the ball up to tee a shot, or to lift it over a defender?s trailing leg
* Skills are now integrated more into the game. If a player has the ability, they will be able to perform deft turns others cannot and will be able to feint and shimmy within the confines of the control system
* Player has to compensate for heaviness of ground when weighting passes in wet conditions or frozen ground

Teamvision enhanced:

* Tactics change according to situation
* Better off-the-ball movement ? running to receive passes, etc
* AI recognizes strategies that work and accumulates data on an ongoing basis within Master League and League modes

Visuals:
Stadiums:

* Graphic depiction of weather conditions unique to each stadium
* Much more detailed lighting effects that mimic the time of day more closely
* Key new grounds like Wembley, in total about 20 stadiums
* LED hoardings (PS3 and 360 versions only)

Players:

* All new players models in game: everything reworked for additional detail
* Specific new animations to make the game flow more: players now stumble, place a hand down so as to keep running
* More individuality to movement of players: running and kicking styles, for instance: Ronaldo?s stance before a free kick

Camera:

* New vertical camera, allowing end-to-end view including ?Player Focus? zoom, panning in on key one-on-one situations
* New distance drawing techniques using adjusted chromatic fields

Front End - Menus:

* All new, clearer menu system
* Match stats now on sub-menus if required
* Much improved music choice

Edit:
Sound:

* In addition to the importation of graphic data, music and crowd chants can also be added
* Graphics:
* Pixel Paint function allows users to create team badges from scratch

Game Modes:
Become a Legend:

* New long-term mode sees player guiding one player to glory
* Control the destiny of a midfield/striking star
* Player works within team structure, akin to popular ?Fix? mode ? assisting play, scoring goals, etc
* Default third-person view
* Dedicated development data for player as game progresses
* Full range of transfer opportunities: but fail to play well and you will be demoted to bench or even transferred
* Based on popular Japanese mode, first time in Europe

Legends:

* Online version of ?Become a Legend?
* Use player created in solo mode
* Play online with other ?fixed? position friends
* Intricate play and teamwork rewarded with PES points

Master League

* More intuitive menus
* Easier to understand two-tier negotiations: team level and individual terms
* Loyalty: players unhappy with terms, etc, will not play as well. A happy player will play better

sound good
dazza

Raven
30th August, 2008, 02:59 PM
I know m8 Konami's version of Wembley looks miles better than EA's version did based on those pics....also I don't want to spark public salivatation here but I notice nobody mentioned it yet, but if you read between the lines there is a strong, strong possiblilty that the UEFA Champions League will be an officially sponsored competition in this years PES game....how they managed to nab that license from EA I don't know.

Also Liverpool and Manchester United are going to be the 2 English clubs to be licensed this year, Liverpool are long overdue if you asked me - no offence to Newcastle and Tottenham fans but the 2 licensed clubs last year hardly whetted the appetite. On the other hand Manchester United have been licensed already once before in PES the greedy c*nts! lol.

It's not all good news however, as this year PES will no longer have the Spannish La Liga license, apparently there's been a name change or something in real life of that league and EA have snapped up the license for it so in PES the Spannish league will be just like the English league now lol. Must admit that's a BIG coup for FIFA to have the 2 biggest, most popular leagues in the world fully licensed and exclusive to them.

Personally I feel that as good as (ISS) PES has been these last 10 years it's existed, I do feel personally that it's days are numbered now that EA has started to focus on FIFA's gameplay because PES can never compete with FIFA in presentation or graphics, personally I prefer PES's "look" but you get the idea, and for me it's only a matter of time before FIFA gets it's gameplay "right".

dazza78
31st August, 2008, 12:41 PM
i think no matter what the gameplay etc is your either a fifa fan or a pro evo fan
1 or the other
ive always been a pro evo man
i cant stand fifia
but other peeps prefer fifia

dazza
roll on october

Raven
31st August, 2008, 04:21 PM
Well speaking purely for myself I have always been much more of a Pro Evo guy because the gameplay was and is just on another planet. I used to discredit FIFA because in the past it was all graphics and presentation but nothing in terms of gameplay however that is not so much the case anymore, alright they aren't even close to the responsiveness and fluidity of PES but they are going in the right direction now, and nowadays I'm still a PES guy in terms of preference but I don't discredit FIFA anymore because EA are steadily improving it's gameplay and responsiveness and as a result FIFA is slowly starting to earn the right to be mentioned in the same breath as PES from a gameplay perspective. At the moment one is a perfect foil for the other, sadly. It's just in my opinion I don't necessarily agree that people are distinctly split into 2 stereotypes of being either a PES player or a FIFA player, although granted there's a hell of alot of people who are but with FIFA's recent and apparent continuing gameplay and response improvements I feel the gap in quality and fanbase loyalty is closing. All for the better in my opinion, strong competition breeds top quality output in any form of business and that can only be good for the average joe like me and you as the end users.

dazza78
2nd September, 2008, 10:44 AM
Well speaking purely for myself I have always been much more of a Pro Evo guy because the gameplay was and is just on another planet. I used to discredit FIFA because in the past it was all graphics and presentation but nothing in terms of gameplay however that is not so much the case anymore, alright they aren't even close to the responsiveness and fluidity of PES but they are going in the right direction now, and nowadays I'm still a PES guy in terms of preference but I don't discredit FIFA anymore because EA are steadily improving it's gameplay and responsiveness and as a result FIFA is slowly starting to earn the right to be mentioned in the same breath as PES from a gameplay perspective. At the moment one is a perfect foil for the other, sadly. It's just in my opinion I don't necessarily agree that people are distinctly split into 2 stereotypes of being either a PES player or a FIFA player, although granted there's a hell of alot of people who are but with FIFA's recent and apparent continuing gameplay and response improvements I feel the gap in quality and fanbase loyalty is closing. All for the better in my opinion, strong competition breeds top quality output in any form of business and that can only be good for the average joe like me and you as the end users.

i 100% agree with you m8
good competion between the two games can only make it better for us in the long run as they will both keep trying to better each other !

hey who knows maybe 2010 could see us actually playing both games
and enjoying them
lol
but ya never know
dazza
:hmmmm:

Raven
2nd September, 2008, 03:55 PM
Lol well now that we know that PES is prone to the odd minger of a game and FIFA considering it's track record as it stands creates a decent game once in a blue moon never was that last statement more true. But yeah I think personally that last year was perhaps a watershed of sorts as far as next gen football games are concerned, because PES hasn't been very good they will feel as though they have alot to prove and with FIFA's resurgence of sorts last year Konami will be thinking "hey we better pull our fingers out here", and the people at EA will most probably be thinking that PES is there for the taking right now and lets face it FIFA will probably never have a better opportunity than right now to overtake PES that's why I'm interested to see what the new FIFA brings in terms of genuine gameplay comparisons, if there even is any.

dazza78
4th September, 2008, 04:17 PM
Lol well now that we know that PES is prone to the odd minger of a game and FIFA considering it's track record as it stands creates a decent game once in a blue moon never was that last statement more true. But yeah I think personally that last year was perhaps a watershed of sorts as far as next gen football games are concerned, because PES hasn't been very good they will feel as though they have alot to prove and with FIFA's resurgence of sorts last year Konami will be thinking "hey we better pull our fingers out here", and the people at EA will most probably be thinking that PES is there for the taking right now and lets face it FIFA will probably never have a better opportunity than right now to overtake PES that's why I'm interested to see what the new FIFA brings in terms of genuine gameplay comparisons, if there even is any.

the downloadable demo should be about soon
so im gonna give fifa a try on the demo first

ive pre ordered pes9 , so ill also try that out
and as long as its improved ill proberly stick with it !, and leave fifia
then again(lol) if fifas demo is any good then i might get the game aswell
dazza