PDA

View Full Version : weres the cheapest place to buy uncharted 2

boltonchamp
26th November, 2009, 10:18 PM
ive seen it on a ebay shop for ?32.99 and on amazon ?37.99 is there any cheaper befoure i buy it

kennykiwi
26th November, 2009, 11:03 PM
Don't think you're going to get it cheaper than that! I bought from a place called frog-games for 29.99 (also Fifa 10) but turns out they took the money and ran without delivering!!!

It's only a couple of quid more for the eBay one so why not grab that ... before i do ;)

Raven
29th November, 2009, 01:44 PM
ive seen it on a ebay shop for ?32.99 and on amazon ?37.99 is there any cheaper befoure i buy it

It's the best ?33 you'll spend on a game this year. 96/100 true average rating says it all....highest rated game this gen, game is a lock on for GOTY 2009.

krazylegz
29th November, 2009, 04:46 PM
think thats my next game, busy on cod 6 at the minute though

Raven
30th November, 2009, 01:41 AM
think thats my next game, busy on cod 6 at the minute though

If you haven't played it already m8, I'd wholeheartedly suggest to anyone buying Uncharted2 to pick up the original too, obviously it's not quite as good because it was the first Uncharted game but honestly, it's closer than you might think. It's awesome as well. Not as OTT action packed as Uncharted2 and more adventure - though some consider that a positive. The artistic flair is better than Uncharted 2. But I love both games and anyone not bothering with Uncharted Drake's Fortune and going straight for Uncharted 2 are doing themselves a disservice.

That game is almost just as good. Uncharted 1&2 one after the other for the first time and about 20 hours of awesomeness ?! I wish I was that person, then I wouldn't have had to wait a year or two to play Uncharted 2. lol

Drake's Fortune is one of the very best games to come out this gen on any system, it scored way worse than it should have done, especially on Gamespot and except for IGN, oh and that website that rated it 50% or something and ~~~~ed it's entire metacritic score up and yet rated Uncharted2 90% want exiling from the internet, talk about swayed opinion, anyway why did this happen? Because almost everyone was hating on the PS3 and it's games back then and so it got dismissed. Simple as that.

IGN got the game scores correct for that time period though, good PS3 games were rated fairly (MotorStorm scoring a 9/10 at the time being another example).

calvin plummer
2nd December, 2009, 11:31 AM
over rated - buy Bayonetta or sf4

Raven
2nd December, 2009, 03:15 PM
Nah, bullcrap lol - if you wanna talk overrated games that sell far more than they ever deserve to then Halo is the ultimate in that department. It's shite, always has been and yet it sells millions, the most recent of which ODST was originally DLC that got packaged to retail and sold at full price....it still sold millions....

Uncharted except for Among Thieves is if anything under appreciated.

Evidence apart from Uncharted 2's collective reviews scores is the fact that most people who get around to playing any Uncharted game including the first one end up loving it, because it's simply brilliant.

Apparently you are a minority on this one fella when you call Uncharted overrated. I wouldn't mind pal but Bayonetta and SF4 are multiplatform and aren't as good. Do you even own a PS3 m8 or are you a 360 fanboy ? Because I know what it looks like....

gruffster
3rd December, 2009, 08:06 PM
play got it for 18 quid atm

gruffster
3rd December, 2009, 08:17 PM
well it was anywayz!

Raven
3rd December, 2009, 08:28 PM
I was gonna say, I just checked......lol

markgillespie
3rd December, 2009, 11:04 PM
It's the best ?33 you'll spend on a game this year. 96/100 true average rating says it all....highest rated game this gen, game is a lock on for GOTY 2009.

It's a total masterpiece. Loved every single moment of the single player, and the multiplayer rocks.

Can't fault a single aspect of it...

The first one was rather good too. If you haven't played that, I suggest playing that first, as the story is a sorta continuation, and you won't get some of the characters...

Raven
6th December, 2009, 05:59 PM
The thing I find brilliant about Uncharted 2 is the amount of times that you yourself will physically say something out loud in response to the game that Drake will actually say in game with the exact same context and tone at the exact same time, lol. The completion of 1 puzzle section in particular springs to mind....another thing I thought was cool and funny at the same time was in the light shaft/mirrors puzzle room if you reflect a light beam onto Chloe on purpose and she holds her hands up and tells you to knock it off! lol The game is awesome.

I'm calling it now, Uncharted 2 for GOTY 2009, and Uncharted 3 announcement at the next E3! ;)

JMitchell
6th December, 2009, 06:11 PM
any cashback sites?

calvin plummer
8th December, 2009, 11:49 AM
Apparently you are a minority on this one fella when you call Uncharted overrated. I wouldn't mind pal but Bayonetta and SF4 are multiplatform and aren't as good. Do you even own a PS3 m8 or are you a 360 fanboy ? Because I know what it looks like....

I own both a ps3 (bought primarily for disgaea) and a 360, and I'm not sure why you think something being mulitformat makes it any less worthy a game lol i think we know who the fanboy is here.....the halo rant was a pretty good clue as to where your loyalties lie lol I don't recall metioning it (not that I disagree, though its no more over rated than the yawn that is killzone)

I've been gaming since Pet (probably before you were born pal) days so I think I'm entitled to my opinion. Why don't you check out famitsu or for that matter GC.....you'll find both games scored higher. Oh wait that would require listening rather than preaching, I can see why you'd find that tricky.

I have both the uncharted games and they just don't float my boat, big cinematic set pieces (the lack of QT is perhaps its most impressive feature), pretty graphics but otherwise mundane TResq gameplay.

Fanboys like you do my head in, any opinion but your own isn't valid, grow up dude

Raven
8th December, 2009, 03:20 PM
the halo rant was a pretty good clue as to where your loyalties lie lol I don't recall metioning it (not that I disagree, though its no more over rated than the yawn that is killzone)

You mean Killzone that sold a couple million copies compared to Halo's 5 million+ ? Yeah, exactly. If you can call Killzone2 a yawnfest you most probably haven't even played it because that's one of the most intense FPS games I've ever played save for the original COD games. But when you're defending the likes of Halo against Killzone2, which every adult knows that Halo is a cartoony FPS where the enemies look like ice cream whipps and purple dildos, it makes you look a bit of an idiot.

Fanboys like you do my head in, any opinion but your own isn't valid, grow up dude

Oh and you're not calling the kettle black there are you sunshine, and anyway says the guy who has 8 posts and hasn't yet learned how things work around here, let alone how to quote - this isn't GameFAQs message boards pal.

I won't lie, I do much prefer the PS3 and it is the most powerful console, simple as, I hate Microsoft's business approach and love Sony's, but all that doesn't mean to say that I dislike the 360 because I don't - I like the 360, but I know pure shite when I see it just like I know pure greatness when I see it. It's as simple as that.

Put it this way, if the 360 was the most reliable, the most powerful, was the console that gave the user the most flexibility, was a Blu-ray player and had the best exclusives and the most diverse games library....then I'd be much preferring the 360 right now, because I gravitate to greatness, not loyalty. That's what separates a fanboy from a consumer that knows what he is talking about. And think of this, last gen I preferred the Xbox and the gen before that I personally preferred the N64 thanks to Goldeneye and Zelda, and before that I was a SNES person in the early 90's when I was a kid. Even though I had all the consoles in my possession at one stage or another the fact is despite my preferences I enjoyed them all. Noticing a pattern here ? Exactly, I gravitate towards quality, and you are barking up the wrong tree here.

With some due respect it's you that needs to grow up and learn some respect because anything less isn't tolerated here. Now I'll cut you some slack because you're new here but this place isn't like your usual forum where you can disrespect people and talk shit all day and expect to get away with it, or be banned because some user is well in with the admins so acts with impunity, you talk shit and act like a dick here and you'll quickly get shot down in flames, that's what makes this community so good is the fact that it's completely fair game and there's no forum politicking here, but I know what you're up to and I'd quit while you're ahead - otherwise carry on and I'll keep ripping your posts to shreds because I'm right and you'll have brought it on yourself....and to be fair other users will do the exact same thing as I'm doing here if you're posting nonsense and acting like an idiot in other areas of the forum aswell.

calvin plummer
8th December, 2009, 07:52 PM
At some point you might like to try reading what I said rather than holding an imaginary dialogue in your head. I'll try to simplify for you. I'm not arguing the 360 is better, its not (apart from live on occasion), i'm not defending halo - I agreed with you lol since when have sales figures meant quality? Thats your arguement for killzone being better than halo, by your logic then the 360 must be better than the ps3 lol i'm not saying uncharted is a bad game, just that I think its over rated. Obviously you know more than fumitsu as well, or is it just you haven't actually read it. Ignorance is bliss in fan boy world. I just love good games on any platform and since when does post count equate to how valid somebodys opinion is? I've actually found everybody to be very helpful and kind since i've visited here. You're the first to puff his little chest out

Raven
8th December, 2009, 08:37 PM
At some point you might like to try reading what I said rather than holding an imaginary dialogue in your head. I'll try to simplify for you. I'm not arguing the 360 is better, its not (apart from live on occasion), i'm not defending halo - I agreed with you lol since when have sales figures meant quality? Thats your arguement for killzone being better than halo, by your logic then the 360 must be better than the ps3 lol i'm not saying uncharted is a bad game, just that I think its over rated. Obviously you know more than fumitsu as well, or is it just you haven't actually read it. Ignorance is bliss in fan boy world. I just love good games on any platform and since when does post count equate to how valid somebodys opinion is? I've actually found everybody to be very helpful and kind since i've visited here. You're the first to puff his little chest out

At some point you might like to read my post again, you aren't fooling anyone pal, not least of which fooling me....I see your type every day on other forums and on the internet in general and so I know exactly what you were trying to say and especially in the context you meant it in - you were only posting to cause an argument/offense - to which end you obviously succeeded so well done....and if you claim otherwise you're a stone faced liar, otherwise your initial post wouldn't have simply said "overrated, buy bayonetta or sf4!" and you wouldn't have chosen to ignore or play dumb to every point I made against you and your opinion in the last post, just because you know I'm right, the fact is you're just a condescending nob to be quite honest, and I'll give you another tip, in case you don't realize it, it's in the little things you say that gives you away.....take a look at the last line of your last post for proof.

Oh and the reason I brought sales into it, besides the fact that Xbox fanboys love to talk about sales when it suits them, is because I was making the point that Halo sold many more copies on the 360 than Killzone2 did on the PS3 so how can Killzone2 be as overrated as Halo ? In short, it can't be. Because it sold a lot less copies than Halo did. And if you read my post properly, which you obviously didn't, you'd know I didn't say sales meant quality or that sales were the reason for Halo being better than Killzone, which isn't what you actually said there - you actually said the opposite in the post I quoted, now how can your accusation of me saying Killzone2 is better than Halo because of sales be correct when the fact is Killzone2 sold a lot less than Halo did ? Exactly. Get it right. What I said is simple to fathom, Halo is crap and highly overrated. Killzone2 isn't anywhere near as bad or even half as overrated. And that's invalidated your point straight away hasn't it ? Certainly has. Something I do regularly by the looks of things, hence why you're acting like a condescending tosser and for the record that's not an insult, that's a fact. Because you clearly can't win any other way.

Proof's in the pudding anyway, ask yourself the question how wise it is barely 10 posts in to start pissing off a respected member of the community, and most of them 10 posts were purely written to cause offense. I'm only biting because I've nowt better to do and because you need putting in your place before you even start, but you must be thick if you think people don't realize what you're up to. Because take it from me, you ain't too subtle. And from the looks of things, no offense but you don't look to be too bright either. And you are definitely in the minority that say Uncharted2 is overrated, I bet you haven't even played it to be quite honest, because 99.9% of people that have played it either love it because it's an excellent game, or at the very least can see why it's so well liked and can see that it's a great game but it just isn't their cup of tea - although to be honest, I cannot see what's not to like about Uncharted2 and how any gamer could possibly dislike the game - unless they are 360 fanboys in truth, because that would explain a lot.....jealous fits because it's not on their console and they can't play it.

calvin plummer
8th December, 2009, 09:54 PM
I'll try again. I think its overrated, not a bad game, I play far more on my ps3 than my 360, actually more on my ps2 than my 360. Persona4 was a magnificent swan song. Perhaps my initial post was too glib for that I apologise but I stand by my statement that sf4 & bayonetta are better games. Why not just say could you explain your perspective instead of launching into a fanboy rant. You can insult all you like, but I won't join. show me another post from me apart from my 'debate' with you where I have upset anybody. So far your respect has illicited little support. killzone is just to drab & fps by the numbers for me. Graphics have never been an important concern when I judge a game, innovation is. Killzone and uncharted don't. I've been playing games for a long time and I like creativity. Take okami, genius to me, because it offered something new. Anyway i'll leave it here for now unless you actually want to debate a games merits rather than flame. Peace

Raven
9th December, 2009, 12:09 AM
Perhaps my initial post was too glib for that I apologise but I stand by my statement that sf4 & bayonetta are better games.

Can't see how that works out in your mind, but you are entitled to your opinion, no argument from me on that one if that's your opinion because that's your entitlement, just don't act like it's a fact because it isn't and just know you're on your own on that one pretty much. As long as you acknowledge that then there's no problem.

Why not just say could you explain your perspective instead of launching into a fanboy rant. You can insult all you like, but I won't join. show me another post from me apart from my 'debate' with you where I have upset anybody.

Come on, you must know how your initial post and indeed all of your posts including the one I'm quoting from in this thread you must have known how they'd come across and in what context they'd be taken in, after all that's precisely why you posted it and that's also why you keep posting. Don't think I didn't notice how you once again chose to ignore the body of what I was saying and focus on not even 1 line of insult.....having trouble proving a point ? If you're wondering why I'm still being like this, it's because I don't buy your sudden attitude change - I think you knew all along what you were saying and now you're attempting somewhat of a back peddle because I've just pretty much ripped your posts apart and exposed you. Again it's in the little things you say. You aren't fooling anyone. And I apologize for calling you a tosser and a nob, no excuse for it but I hold my hands up, shouldn't have done it. But personally I don't feel I have you down wrong. And if you wish to play that game, then why couldn't you just have said personally I prefer SF4 and Bayonetta, see it swings both ways matey.

See if you had shown any respect in your initial post, you could have avoided all this....but no, you wanted it, that's why you posted disrespectfully and continue to do so condescendingly.....you try to come across as righteous but I can see right through you. And it's simple, if you post for an argument then expect one.

calvin plummer
9th December, 2009, 01:57 AM
By the by I quoted you probably the two most respected independant sources for games who share my opinion.....you ignored that. Anyway handshake time I think because you at least have something interesting to say even if I don't agree with 90% of it

Raven
9th December, 2009, 03:22 PM
You keep mentioning those review sites Famitsu and another one I can't remember which, what point were you making there again ? Because I can point you to Metacritic and show you Uncharted 2's average rating and many great review number versus SF4 and Bayonetta's average rating - I think you'll notice a large difference - oh and if you're 2 sites are both Japanese, because Famitsu is for sure, if Bayonetta and SF4 are rated higher than Uncharted2 there then it's obvious why - those games appeal more to the Japanese audience......but it doesn't prove whatever point it is you were trying to make.

If you don't agree with 90% of what I say then there's only 1 reason, it's because you hate to be wrong as a matter of fact, which is what you are....the next move you'll make will be to use the personal opinion card, which you should have done in the first place to avoid all this crap - but like I said, you knew all along what you were doing....

calvin plummer
9th December, 2009, 04:29 PM
I'll ignore you racist comment as I imagine you're just too stupid to understand about cultural generalisations and sterotypes but for the record the other is english but again you betray your ignorance. I'm not interested in metacritic, it's loaded with sites that derive their income from advertising from games companies (I used to work for one but again no doubt you obviously know best).

I've tried to apologise, tried to make up, offered you my hand but you still sulk like a little bitch, no wonder I've had some interesting PMs (which strangely show none of the respect you think others hold you in lol) about you. Anyway I'm out, take your toys, put them back in your pram and go back to the bubble you live in. I'm not surprised you have so much time to post here, I can't imagine you have any real friends.

It's why your ego is so closely intertwined with the PS3, there just is nothing meaningful in your life. Any preceived attack on the PS is a personal attack on you. Little childish teenage fanboys like you are the problem with gaming and why it's never taken seriously. I really do pity you. You can't debtate you only flame, as you have done over and over. Congrats I've been dragged down to your level, anyway I'm off back to the real world - you enjoy playing with your gun collection ;-) you can post as much as you like after, you won't get a reply, you just aren't worth it as I've been advised on more than one occasion. Kissed and hugs :)

Raven
9th December, 2009, 06:10 PM
With that post alone you just proved every single point that I made....well, that was fun. You never know, you might do a little better next time. Especially if you have factual points to make instead of bullcrap statements. Unless you'd like to name names with your supposed PM's ? Because if anyone has a problem with me then they can have the common decency to come to me with it and say it directly to me then can't they - but until that happens I maintain that you and your statements are full of crap - much like when you started that post by trying to say I made racist remarks. LOL! There's a word for people like you, besides liar, and that is that you are nothing more than a shit stirrer. End of story. But I'd be telling lies if I said I didn't have fun in proving that you're full of it. I'll give you that though, at least you practice what you preach.

The fact is I do hold respect in very high regard, as many people on here know that if they are respectful to me then I'm respectful to them. But as soon as someone like yourself decides they want to try and take me on, then the gloves come off and I can do this lark with the best of them. In other words I don't take shit from anyone. Especially from newbies who think they're something special and yet haven't contributed ~~~~ all to the site or to the community except to spout bullcrap because they've nowt better to do. Not saying I don't do my fair share of talking bollocks lol, but at least you don't and won't find me going around looking to cause trouble just because I'm bored. And that's the big difference between you and me, besides the fact that I base my opinion on the facts and you clearly don't, but that's another story matey.

Since you spectacularly imploded when I turned up the heat a little bit, because you couldn't win right from the start, I'll end it here for you and say if you have anything else you wish to say to me, then you can PM me with it. Pointless beating a dead horse at this point but you can please yourself if you're that way out.

krazylegz
9th December, 2009, 09:05 PM
I'll ignore you racist comment as

i dont see any racist comment there