PDA

View Full Version : Help! EDC17CP14 - LOCKED - GOLF 6 2.0TDI

vrsho
12th September, 2018, 10:24 PM
Hello,

i have read the ecu with Kess through OBD and i wrote the backup back into the ecu. The ECU it isn't recognized anymore.

I found this fix:

ECU remain in programming mode.
1. Read IROM / XROM and EEPROM in bootloader mode.
2. Fix IROM/XROM using bootloader readout and OBD ORI readout (you will probably need to paste part of map zone and chk/RSA zone)
3. Write fixed IROM/XROM by bootloader (do not touch EEPROM!)
4. connect ECU to the car and write repaired IROM/XROM (same used for bootloader) by OBD.
It will automaticaly fix eeprom problem.

So i made a boot mode with Galetto and read the flash and once more. I compared the IROM that i read from obd and IROM from boot mode. And i Fixed the file, put it back in with Galetto (boot mode) and the ecu is now again recognized - but the car doesn't start. I also flashed the ecu once more with OBD (Step 4.) with the repaired file but then the Car isnt recognized anymore. Is the problem in EEPROM? - If yes, how can i fix it? Did i make a good IROM fix? Please, if someone could help. In attachment i send you all the files(OBD Backup, BOOT Mode Backup, My FIX, EEPROM Backup).

Here is the ECU data:
03L906022MC 9979

Thanks!

icezero2010
13th September, 2018, 12:23 AM
Hello,

i have read the ecu with Kess through OBD and i wrote the backup back into the ecu. The ECU it isn't recognized anymore.

I found this fix:

So i made a boot mode with Galetto and read the flash and once more. I compared the IROM that i read from obd and IROM from boot mode. And i Fixed the file, put it back in with Galetto (boot mode) and the ecu is now again recognized - but the car doesn't start. I also flashed the ecu once more with OBD (Step 4.) with the repaired file but then the Car isnt recognized anymore. Is the problem in EEPROM? - If yes, how can i fix it? Did i make a good IROM fix? Please, if someone could help. In attachment i send you all the files(OBD Backup, BOOT Mode Backup, My FIX, EEPROM Backup).

Here is the ECU data:
03L906022MC 9979

Thanks!

your obd backup file have u really read from the ecu ??

its many different to your bootmode read or have u write wrong software ?

than the ecu has tp7 u must unlock obd write in boot than write again over obd and the ecu work

this file is original dimsport file

make unlock there and write by boot after that

write again by obd to recover eeprom

vrsho
13th September, 2018, 12:31 AM
Yes, i read the file via OBD and then wrote the same file again through OBD. After writing i received a "write error" message and the ecu couldn't be properly recognized. How can i find out if the ECU is a TP7? Thanks.

icezero2010
13th September, 2018, 02:04 AM
Yes, i read the file via OBD and then wrote the same file again through OBD. After writing i received a "write error" message and the ecu couldn't be properly recognized. How can i find out if the ECU is a TP7? Thanks.

read in boot mode and search in 8bit tprot

vrsho
13th September, 2018, 04:19 AM
Which string are you searching for? TP7? I cant see it on the image. Thanks.

icezero2010
13th September, 2018, 08:26 AM
Which string are you searching for? TP7? I cant see it on the image. Thanks.

why is my picture so small :-D here real size

and disable match case this make it easier

write that file after that write again obd !

and do chk with tool

vrsho
13th September, 2018, 06:43 PM
Finally its working. I received the original EEPROM file from the guy that has tuned this Car before. I flashed the EEPROM and i put my Fixed IROM Flash back in through Bootmode. The car now starts normaly.

No more OBD programming for EDC17CP14 - Always use bootmode.

@icezero2010 Thank you for your support! (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/member.php/328517-icezero2010)

Myjector
14th September, 2018, 06:33 AM
Even with originals tools it's sometime risky.