PDA

View Full Version : Hot and Spicy Soup

aftermath
30th August, 2008, 12:03 PM
put the garlic and olive oil in a pan, turn on the gas and heat the oil up, then add the onions and fry until soft and golden.
Add the pork and fry for about 5 mins.
Take pan off the heat and add the flour/paprika/chilli powder mix and stir well.
Add tomato puree and stir, put pan back on the heat.
Add the chicken stock, and a little salt and pepper, bring to the boil and simmer for 30 mins.
Add the potatoes and Carrots, and simmer for a further Hour.
Serve with fresh parsley and Sour Cream ( optional ) or garlic Bread or Crusty Bread ( optional ).
Enjoy.
Its delicious and easy.

Maddog
5th December, 2008, 03:04 PM
Cooked this 02/12/08 sorry my 13yr old son cooked it, gr8 recipes it was spot on
Thanx

on_the_jazz
13th December, 2008, 01:16 AM
Thanks, nice recipe. I made it a few hours ago (but using chicken) and it was lovely :p

edit: maddog when I was cooking I'm sure I read your son was 14 lol.

wiggy
18th December, 2008, 09:29 AM
i thinkim gonna try this as the starter on xmas day sounds delicious

wiggy
8th January, 2009, 03:05 PM
made this for starter on christmas day it went down a storm with my guests so many thanks they now think im a budding gordon ramsey lol

scotsguy01
8th January, 2009, 03:34 PM
Sounds Good, Dont like Garlic but! Has anyone got a real recipe for Goulash? I cant find it anywhere, and I love the stuff!

aftermath
8th January, 2009, 03:37 PM
Sounds Good, Dont like Garlic but! Has anyone got a real recipe for Goulash? I cant find it anywhere, and I love the stuff!

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f80/beef-goulash-dumplings-6709/

make double helpings as its lovely, lol

m-mafia
14th January, 2009, 07:08 PM
yer man that is some hot tasty soup

nice after a bifta or ten

finder4
31st January, 2009, 11:01 AM
wife cooked this last night mmmmmmmmmm thanks

allvira
2nd February, 2009, 09:41 AM
Its good one because light and healthy recipe to everyone. Thanks for describe it here in a proper instrucions...

melloned
3rd February, 2009, 01:07 AM
:tee: The Boss did this for us today Mate and it was super !
i was a bit reluctant , as the last time i had goulash , it was traditional recipe and was made with pork belly fat ( Yuk! ) .
ours was made with trimmed pork shoulder with just enough fat to add taste , but not oil slick !
Thanks for that . :tee:

opsmonkey
24th June, 2009, 05:16 PM
this sounds good.. is it enough for a main meal for two though if made to the above size / quantity..??

Ive started menu planning for the week in order to save money on the shopping

almate
26th October, 2009, 12:23 AM
Have just has a couple bowls of the 'Hot & Tasty Soup' it is well hot and tasty. My Slow Cooker is still full, am gonna have to freeze it tomorrow. The Sour Cream and Parsley masks the heat a bit so it doesn't matter if I run out of those.:ciao:

qwe2000
1st January, 2010, 07:22 PM
Nice recipe, Thanks!

theraven
2nd January, 2010, 09:02 PM
I tried it yesterday. Gooood. Thx

barrowmanandrew
13th January, 2010, 11:25 AM
sounds great. gotta try it