PDA

View Full Version : renault vel satis cabasse code

incartunes
18th September, 2018, 05:25 PM
Hi Chaps,
can anyone help with radio code for the cabasse cd changer and tuner? cant work out how to get the code, even when looking at other peoples files with a known code.

dumps attached

masterskay62
18th September, 2018, 05:45 PM
Hi Chaps,
can anyone help with radio code for the cabasse cd changer and tuner? cant work out how to get the code, even when looking at other peoples files with a known code.

dumps attached

Hi, please all the numbers from the radio or photo labels

incartunes
18th September, 2018, 06:22 PM
dont think one of them is original as dealer code didnt work. the sticker on the cd changer that usually has radio code etc has been removed

Raimax
18th September, 2018, 06:31 PM
Here is GPS unit not tuner. For changer code KierAn20 can help

incartunes
18th September, 2018, 06:34 PM
i couldnt find any other tuner in the car just this, the gps unit in the glovebox and these 2 units in the dash. this unit does have am/fm aerial connections etc so i think it is the tuner also?

masterskay62
18th September, 2018, 06:36 PM
Hi.

incartunes
18th September, 2018, 06:41 PM
will have another look but im certain nothing else is in those locations, also, in the dump for the gps module (what i suspect is the tuner) you can see radio station names stored?

edit: just thought, may be aerial connection on gps is for tmc, although i wouldnt have expected to see fm station names...

KierAn20
18th September, 2018, 07:42 PM
Hi Chaps,

dumps attached

The code is 0324 mate

incartunes
18th September, 2018, 09:18 PM
cheers mate, is this for both units or just changer? if you dont mind me asking, how did you come up with the code? is there a program to do it from dump or am i pointlessly staring at the hex file hoping something will jump out and its done by database or serial?

KierAn20
19th September, 2018, 09:47 AM
cheers mate, is this for both units or just changer? if you dont mind me asking, how did you come up with the code? is there a program to do it from dump or am i pointlessly staring at the hex file hoping something will jump out and its done by database or serial?

This is the only code you need and I've pulled it from the cd changer dump. I'm not aware of any software that can decode the cd changer dumps, there certainly never used to be any. Unfortunately it doesn't jump out of hex on these, it is quite a complex set of calculations to get down to a four digit code.

incartunes
19th September, 2018, 12:11 PM
ah, dont suppose you know how to reset the error counter or know how long it will be locked out for roughly? guy had been "playing" before it came in...