PDA

View Full Version : BMW ELV solution

Perryking
18th September, 2018, 11:58 PM
Hi, I need a solution for BMW Mini red steering light.

Until now I was using reset cas counters (temporal solution, always fail again), and ELV emulator.

Now in my country we can not use emulator because the car inspection see if steering lock without keys.

So what is the solution for this? Is possible to put another ELV from another car and coding? Or any other solution for no more red steering light?

autohaus
19th September, 2018, 05:19 AM
CAS2 OR CAS3?

Perryking
19th September, 2018, 08:48 AM
Cas3 I think.

I had those problems with E90, E60 and Mini R52

keturi
19th September, 2018, 08:54 AM
Common problem with that cars usually is not ELV. What fault codes you got in cas and dsc? If you are sure is ELV, the can swap electric part of ELW from E90 to Mini and back. They just from outside are different, inside the same, just got 2 types of ELV, 3 pins or 4 pins plug.

Perryking
19th September, 2018, 09:41 AM
I ask because I dont know where is the problem and how to fix it.

We all know the red steering lock light in the dash on those cars. Solutions like reset cas counter and emulator are not valid for me, so I want to know where is the problem and how to fix.

Perryking
19th September, 2018, 02:29 PM
Any help for this problem?

keturi
20th September, 2018, 08:51 AM
I ask because I dont know where is the problem and how to fix it.

We all know the red steering lock light in the dash on those cars. Solutions like reset cas counter and emulator are not valid for me, so I want to know where is the problem and how to fix.
So I want to know WHAT THE FAULT CODES GOT CAS AND DSC as I wrote in the comment before.
P.S. Proper question is 50% of answer mate