PDA

View Full Version : Be6094 ML W164 problem

geomesh
19th September, 2018, 06:48 PM
Hi,I have a radio/navi head unit BE6094 ml 350 2007 w 164,showing only "Mercedes Benz" and logo,thats all,do you know where is the problem

trn
19th September, 2018, 06:56 PM
connection
optical cable
have you checked?

geomesh
19th September, 2018, 07:05 PM
All looks ok,but how to test optics network?

trn
19th September, 2018, 07:12 PM
is it mounted in the car?

geomesh
20th September, 2018, 03:20 AM
Yes,its mounted in the car

gapco
20th September, 2018, 11:06 AM
Check the audio amplifier under the driver seat, it can be damaged by water.

Seby_TM
11th January, 2020, 07:11 PM
I have also the same poblem with BE6094 with logo on and shut down.

I check the unit with one fiber optic ring in back of the unit and the problem don't go, mean the problem is stored in the unit.

The problem appear after the battery go in flat and need replaced with new battery.

Can some one tell us the solution or how fix this problem ?

Thanks

andm266
11th January, 2020, 07:43 PM
Does the transmitter LED in the optical fiber socket flash when the logo is displayed?

Seby_TM
11th January, 2020, 09:14 PM
Hi,

Yes, in one part I see the led flash, but I am not remember if also in second optic side form unit need to flash led in back connector of unit.

Ned to flash in both led side or only in one ?

I made the test it in the car, I disconnect the fiber optic from original connector from back of unit and I add another fiber optic in back of unit, after I add in the connector and I keep with my hand the fiber optic in the back connector of unit, a on the unit and I wait to see if skip logo to entry in normal mode, but not, shut down the unit.

Is not first time when I check with fiber optic the MB units.

I think I need some good dump from one unit what is working correctly from ST10F269, you or some one from hear have some good dumps ?

Thanks

andm266
11th January, 2020, 09:45 PM
Only one LED should flash, the other is the receiver.

Seby_TM
11th January, 2020, 09:52 PM
In this case I remember good.

What is the solution for fix it ?

You have some good dump ST10F269 from good unit work ?

andm266
11th January, 2020, 10:09 PM
I don't have a dump.

Maybe try to connect it on the table, if the problem persists you will be sure that the problem is on the radio.

Seby_TM
11th January, 2020, 10:33 PM
I tell you before, I made this but in the car, I remove connector from unit, I remove original fiber optic form connector in the car, after I add the connector in the unit without fiber optic, after I add inside another fiber optic in loop like in you photo and I start on the unit and get the same problem.

I know this, is not the first time when I check the units.

andm266
11th January, 2020, 10:53 PM
I mean disconnect all cables except the power supply.
For example, if there is + 12v on pin 16 (Wake-up), the radio will behave as you wrote

Seby_TM
11th January, 2020, 11:38 PM
I unplug the connector from unit and after I unplug only fiber optic from connector form car, after I add in unit the connector, after I add another fiber in loop and start the unit ON.
And the same problem with logo.
The rest of cable I let how it was in the connector, did you think can comunicate also by can communication by the connector with unit also ?

Did you think is more ok to test unit on desk ?

Seby_TM
11th January, 2020, 11:45 PM
I unplug the connector from unit and after I unplug only fiber optic from connector form car, after I add in unit the connector, after I add another fiber in loop and start the unit ON.
And the same problem with logo.
The rest of cable I let how it was in the connector, did you think can comunicate also by can communication by the connector ?