PDA

View Full Version : Fiat punto 1.2 16v ECU swap.

obdmaster
27th November, 2009, 08:53 PM
Ok heres my problem which i hope one of you guys can help with. Had 2000 fiat punto 1.2 16V in . Problem only runs on 2 cylinders diagnosed ECU. Replaced coil pack new unit. Ecu was ?580+vat (more than cars worth) so found on EBAY a full ecu set (keys, BCU and ECU). Car now runs beautifully but the speedo is under reading alot. plugged into dash , driven speedometer diagnostically working fine. Driven car down road and both the ecu and instrument pannel on live data correspond to what speedometer says.Looked on drawing and the VSS goes to BCU. And All i can think of is ecu set must of come out of automatic, customers car is manual. And the BCU needs reconfiguring. On my tecnotest under chassis network there is "CAN SETUP". I pressume i must use that has anyone any other ideas? Or know how to use this "can setup". Car is back in morning for me to try and sort, just thought id ask you guys for your opinion. thanks in advance.:sheep:

If i have no joy with "CAN SETUP" was thinking of fitting old BCU and getting record playback module for immobiliser does anyone do them for this vehicle?

obdmaster
27th November, 2009, 10:53 PM
just thought when you get new ecu on 1.2 8v the engine management flashes till you rev over 5000 3 times. I know im able to get management light flashing again by reseting adaptives, so wonder if i reset adaptives then fit old bcu, and do reving procedure. Might work what you think?

Meat-Head
28th November, 2009, 11:08 AM
Sorry i'm still not firing on all cyclinders myself, still got 'Meat-Flu'

You seem to be getting the shit jobs on here this week.

Just try that earth point like on the last one, but DISCONNECT battrery first.

Just ring the fiat stealer, who if like Meat-Headshire are a waste of space and query (nice word) if an automatic sender is differant to an manual sender, could you get the 'automatic' sender off ebay geezer?

Also as it's a fiat the driver properbly won't notice if you remove the speedo needle and place it up at bit

obdmaster
30th November, 2009, 08:14 PM
Forgot to say car is a fiat punto sporting, sporting have 6 speed gearbox. phoned ebay man he said donor vehicle ecu was off was normal 5 speed. Got speedo sensor off 5 speed to try but i reckon, never going to work will have to get units off a sporting model. Will keep you posted on outcome.

Meat-Head
30th November, 2009, 08:21 PM
Forgot to say car is a fiat punto sporting, sporting have 6 speed gearbox. phoned ebay man he said donor vehicle ecu was off was normal 5 speed. Got speedo sensor off 5 speed to try but i reckon, never going to work will have to get units off a sporting model. Will keep you posted on outcome.

Sorry to be unhelpful, do you have a gearbox geezer in your town you can call to see what the gear ratios are.

Useless info in 30 mph zones the lamp posts are a set distance (THINK 200 yards) go you can 'test' if acurate.

or go down the bypass in another car, work out say from macdonalds exit to burger king is 2 miles say, then go in the punto at '60mph' and it should take you 2 mins!

obdmaster
30th November, 2009, 08:24 PM
meathead DONT NEED to test speed reading its that far out my friend thanks anyway though for a bit of input

delambo
1st December, 2009, 01:00 AM
I can repair your old ECU.

rsibiza
1st December, 2009, 11:20 AM
I can repair your old ECU.

Me too.

Dont open the ECU by screws. You will kill the ECU.

Drill with a 8mm Drill the 4 stouds you see in bottom of ECU,after open it slowly,will be glued,so pay attention and be carefull.

After you have only to solder a bridge in the ECU as shown in the picture below

erikfrog
1st December, 2009, 11:28 AM
Me too.

Drill with a 8mm Drill the 4 stouds you see in bottom of ECU,after open it slowly,will be glued,so pay attention and be carefull.

Should I bridge two points as show the red line? Lato A means Ignition coil A?

Jose19
1st December, 2009, 02:47 PM
Hi

Take a loock on ;

Jose

ivica
1st December, 2009, 04:48 PM
Hi

Take a loock on ;

Jose
What is this for,on what interface does it work?

Jose19
1st December, 2009, 05:13 PM
Hi

As i know for now ir for make virgin, works with KWP2000,but i?m watting for more details.

Jose

ivica
1st December, 2009, 07:42 PM
[QUOTE=Jose19;356830]Hi

As i know for now ir for make virgin, works with KWP2000,but i?m watting for more details.

O.k m8 if you find something interesting about it ,share please!

Jose19
1st December, 2009, 08:33 PM
[QUOTE=Jose19;356830]Hi

O.k m8 if you find something interesting about it ,share please!
Yes, of corse ... as sun as possible.

Jose

obdmaster
2nd December, 2009, 12:16 PM
Some great posts here, and many thanks. But my problem is its 1.2 16v thus not running magnetti marrelli but bosch management. But thanks for info on 1.2 8v magnetti marrelli. Software looks good depending on interface needed. Any more info at that much appreciated as im sure will see the common magnetti setup again very soon. Thanks again guys

rsibiza
2nd December, 2009, 06:54 PM

Yes you have to make the bridge as shown by red line.

If Lato A is ign coil 1 and B ign coil 2: this info i dont have....

Me mate the 2 bridges and was just great....

chiper
6th December, 2009, 01:58 PM

looks like kwp2000

obdmaster
9th December, 2009, 05:42 PM
Ok heres outcome, got ecu set off punto sporting and worked . Punto sporting has no vss, speedo is off abs thats why speedo was a mile out. So if anyone requires a punto 1.2 16v ecu set off 5 speed manual pm me thanks for everyones help and i like the 1.2 8 valve ecu repair thets been posted. In this game your always learning everyday.

I also have a sporting dash what i got with this ecu set, and ive been told they work on the 8 valve also. pm me if anyone requires that.

gamernasko
9th December, 2009, 10:55 PM
Hi
is this ecu motronik 7.3

gamernasko
9th December, 2009, 11:00 PM
I have same problem with custumer Punto
take "new" ecu without key and body computer
just change two cheksum with Galetto flasher
works 100%

rsibiza
20th December, 2009, 02:11 PM
Ok heres outcome, got ecu set off punto sporting and worked . Punto sporting has no vss, speedo is off abs thats why speedo was a mile out. So if anyone requires a punto 1.2 16v ecu set off 5 speed manual pm me thanks for everyones help and i like the 1.2 8 valve ecu repair thets been posted. In this game your always learning everyday.

I also have a sporting dash what i got with this ecu set, and ive been told they work on the 8 valve also. pm me if anyone requires that.

Here my friend,comes another pic how to open the IAW59F.

Do not drill too deep,like me the middle stud,this ecu is broke by me:vollkommenauf:

Normally drill the 4 studs for aprox. 3mm,it s enough.

After you drilled the studs(red in foto) carefully cut around between ecu and cover with an scalpell and you will open quickly the IAW59F.

Whatever you do...never unlock screws,you will kill ecu.

Regards and good luck

solidol
21st December, 2009, 12:10 AM
Please specify ECU 1.2 8V and 1.2 16v will be the same or different?
Thank you.

Nike
21st December, 2009, 11:30 PM
Please specify ECU 1.2 8V and 1.2 16v will be the same or different?
Thank you.
Yes, the difference is big

rsibiza
22nd December, 2009, 11:34 AM
Hi

Take a loock on ;

Jose

Hi to all.

I think this soft is for IAW59F dcoder from Celeste in Italy (sicylia) ...elettronicaceleste com

and i think i wont work with an KKL interface

I worked 2-3 times with this tool,isnt so bad but expensive if you think you can just make the iaw59f decode...usefull for repair and tuning.

so you can make work the ecu on fiat,lancia,alfa and Ducati:devil:

drivergabriel
22nd December, 2009, 05:00 PM
very good thread!!! congretulations!!! look what i discover on a mm iaw 5nf.t1. desolder the pins and turn around the circuit. you see in the picture what is hapend. this ecu doesn't see the throtle body! ,,open circuit''. i also atach an tested immo off dump (with pass) for this ecu!

Meat-Head
22nd December, 2009, 08:28 PM
very good thread!!! congretulations!!! look what i discover on a mm iaw 5nf.t1. desolder the pins and turn around the circuit. you see in the picture what is hapend. this ecu doesn't see the throtle body! ,,open circuit''. i also atach an tested immo off dump (with pass) for this ecu!

Other members of Digital-Kaos didn't get where they are today, by posting immo off dumps with passwords, would you be kind enough to release the password, thanks.

drivergabriel
22nd December, 2009, 08:55 PM
hey.... merry christmas to you and to your family! i think it's normaly to put this kind of info with pass... beacouse anyone ho create an acount, download the file, then stole a fiat! the intrestested members can ask me for password and i will give them!!!
be carefulwith immo file. let's help us each other! i agree that! but: what is safe is safe!

remember!!!!!!!!!! from now on any time when i will put a file with pass, i will give the pass to an ADMIN, not in pm for ,,new members''! the ADMIN decide ho will have the pass!

i will not ever put the pass for help file!!!!

viva Digital Kaos - Cable & Satellite Forum (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lokher
23rd December, 2009, 02:30 AM
Hi all

I test software withe KWP2000 + Interfaface, On IAW 59F M2 from 2001 PUNTO 1.2 8V
First i programmed it withe Mprog then i reinstal the driver and it will be OK.

But when i plug the ECU ( On table withe wire) i have message :

No Info frome ECU.

tomorow i try to solve problem

PS:

Withe KWP2000 Soft i have no broblem all informations are correct and i can read ECU, problem is juste withe 59F decoder soft

Nike
23rd December, 2009, 09:24 AM
What is the number of HW? HW version below 100 can not flash with Galleto. (I think ...)

rsibiza
24th December, 2009, 01:29 AM
Hi all

I test software withe KWP2000 + Interfaface, On IAW 59F M2 from 2001 PUNTO 1.2 8V
First i programmed it withe Mprog then i reinstal the driver and it will be OK.

But when i plug the ECU ( On table withe wire) i have message :

No Info frome ECU.

tomorow i try to solve problem

PS:

Withe KWP2000 Soft i have no broblem all informations are correct and i can read ECU, problem is juste withe 59F decoder soft

Hi.

I think it s normal you have no connectivity with iaw59f decoder...it s not for use with KWP,it cames from Celeste in Italy,like i poste some posts before....

Regards

obdmaster
26th December, 2009, 02:53 PM
Here my friend,comes another pic how to open the IAW59F.

Do not drill too deep,like me the middle stud,this ecu is broke by me:vollkommenauf:

Normally drill the 4 studs for aprox. 3mm,it s enough.

After you drilled the studs(red in foto) carefully cut around between ecu and cover with an scalpell and you will open quickly the IAW59F.

Whatever you do...never unlock screws,you will kill ecu.

Regards and good luck

you dont drill the middle one its a locator, not a rivet. Im starting to think that you havent ever fixed one of these units m8.

:giveup: :giveup:

Jose19
26th December, 2009, 04:47 PM
you dont drill the middle one its a locator, not a rivet. Im starting to think that you havent ever fixed one of these units m8.

:giveup: :giveup:
Hi

Many guys talk aboat, but never see one working!!!!
Or who have solution for that, don?t tell to anyone...LOL

Jose

cipibujor
12th January, 2010, 12:57 PM
I have the same problem with engine ECU (running in 2c), I hope this info will help me.

Jose19
12th January, 2010, 02:08 PM
I have the same problem with engine ECU (running in 2c), I hope this info will help me.
Yes, we can help on, but start reading this ;
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f2/you-please-read-before-posting-1129/

That must be your first post.

Jose

Meat-Head
12th January, 2010, 06:58 PM
slightly off topic

Read in the local paper (The Daily Meat) that a 03 punto was stolen last week. (in side street) No other details, makes you wounder how they did it!

Jose19
13th January, 2010, 03:01 AM
slightly off topic

Read in the local paper (The Daily Meat) that a 03 punto was stolen last week. (in side street) No other details, makes you wounder how they did it!
Yes friend,i wounder....
If is like this Thread solution....maybe pushing,lol :thrasher:

Jose

youssef70
17th January, 2010, 11:23 AM
slightly off topic

oh my god
may be they have pass for gabriel files !!!:listen:

Meat-Head
17th January, 2010, 12:10 PM
oh my god
may be they have pass for gabriel files !!!:listen:

unless it was gabrieal who removed the bsi, read the 93c46, then used gambit or zbull to make new key!

Visconti
28th January, 2010, 12:02 AM
Me too.

Please, can you tell me why will unscrewing the screws kill the ecu? Maybe it will break something inside? Why do you have to drill the ecu?

Jose19
29th January, 2010, 03:51 AM
Please, can you tell me why will unscrewing the screws kill the ecu? Maybe it will break something inside? Why do you have to drill the ecu?
Guess....
Have you read all post aboat!?

kevfield
13th March, 2010, 10:46 PM
Nice web site nikinik7503 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/137052-nikinik7503/) i see you sell cracked soft, even tho most is available for free on this forum this forum is good for your business :))) thanks for the info on the fiat ecu

zalmogedicos
6th April, 2010, 11:44 AM
hi, I read with a lot of interest the thread, but I never saw a clear response to How to repair these IAW 59F ECUs!
I have a dead ECU from my 1.2 8v '02 punto and I tried to repair it. The problem is I opened the case, I put it under the microscope but I see nothing damaged. any Ideas?

ROBO231
27th May, 2010, 08:22 PM
hi there could you please send me the repair link for the punto ecu

ROBO231
27th May, 2010, 08:24 PM
THANKS JAMES THE ECU NO IS IAW 59F.M2

boza
27th May, 2010, 09:09 PM
obdmaster problem is body computer
the old one information about speed gets from ABS
new one, that you buy, get information from vehicle speed sensor placed on transmision
to solve the problem you need to put back old body computer and virginase engine ecu

tomia123
15th June, 2010, 08:51 AM
I have only two studs? (IAW 59F.M3) I removed the cooling plate and wondering now how to open case. Drill these two studs what I see back or am I looking wrong side?

My car has also burned water sensor wires, so I had to replace wireset. Is this also caused by coils? Last punto I had the coils blowed wires AND the powersteering electricmotor, but Ecu was ok... damn these coils!

EDIT: I have the 8v engine so this is diferent, any instructions to that?. But powersteering problem caused by coils was 16v elx...

nice1111
16th June, 2010, 12:40 AM
seams to be alot of hit and miss going here and must admit i dont think i would chance killing the pcm by following methods so far as nothing seams definative here, when we get these puntos in the workshop we send off the ecu for repair, it takes arounds 3 days to arrive back fixed and guarranteed for ?200 , then we fit 2 new coils as it is known that the coils cause the failure in the first place (dont assume everthing is good just by fixing pmc guys unless you want the problem to re occur later on, change the coils everytime)

meanmick
16th June, 2010, 06:23 PM
I have the same problem with engine ECU, I hope this info will help me.

linu
18th June, 2010, 11:40 PM
Hi.

I think it s normal you have no connectivity with iaw59f decoder...it s not for use with KWP,it cames from Celeste in Italy,like i poste some posts before....

Regards
you're wrong my friend! iaw59f decoder only works with standard KWP2000!
does not work with celeste in italy,I use this software for 4 years and works well with KWP2000 (not work with KWP2000 +)

dun205
25th June, 2010, 10:58 PM
[QUOTE=Jose19;356722]Hi

hi i have probs with ecu no spark on coil pack how do i repair it

dun205
25th June, 2010, 11:00 PM
how do you repair coil pack ecu on 1.2 8v punto

yovany164
12th September, 2010, 03:37 AM
Forgot to say car is a fiat punto sporting, sporting have 6 speed gearbox. phoned ebay man he said donor vehicle ecu was off was normal 5 speed. Got speedo sensor off 5 speed to try but i reckon, never going to work will have to get units off a sporting model. Will keep you posted on outcome

ta2lt
14th December, 2010, 04:24 PM
Hi I need Iaw59f ignition driver mosfets replacement name two mosfets corrupted thanks

GusX
17th December, 2010, 12:02 PM
Hi,
if I open the ECU by drilling studs then there is opposite question, how to close it? What do I use to replace drilled studs?

Thx Gus

horvec
26th December, 2010, 04:16 PM
DID ENYBODY NOW HOW MUCH COST DECODER 45 M FROM CELESTE?

dimss89
28th December, 2010, 12:07 AM
does not work with celeste in italy,I use this software for 4 years and works well with KWP2000 (not work with KWP2000 +)

can you post a link where to buy old version kwp 2000?

dimss89
28th December, 2010, 12:08 AM

can you post a link where to buy old version kwp 2000?

cezargeorge87
24th February, 2011, 10:41 PM
Ok heres my problem which i hope one of you guys can help with. Had 2000 fiat punto 1.2 16V in . Problem only runs on 2 cylinders diagnosed ECU. Replaced coil pack new unit. Ecu was ?580+vat (more than cars worth) so found on EBAY a full ecu set (keys, BCU and ECU). Car now runs beautifully but the speedo is under reading alot. plugged into dash , driven speedometer diagnostically working fine. Driven car down road and both the ecu and instrument pannel on live data correspond to what speedometer says.Looked on drawing and the VSS goes to BCU. And All i can think of is ecu set must of come out of automatic, customers car is manual. And the BCU needs reconfiguring. On my tecnotest under chassis network there is "CAN SETUP". I pressume i must use that has anyone any other ideas? Or know how to use this "can setup". Car is back in morning for me to try and sort, just thought id ask you guys for your opinion. thanks in advance.:sheep:

If i have no joy with "CAN SETUP" was thinking of fitting old BCU and getting record playback module for immobiliser does anyone do them for this vehicle?

Hy
I had the same problem whit an automatic fiat punto 1.2 16v, i changed the ecu and i canceld the immo and with litle adjustments on the dashbord now its ok butt i searached an other cars gear box the speed sensor and i replaceit and now its perfect you must lok because are diferent tips of speed sensor an fiat punto the same engine...

cheester
1st December, 2011, 07:39 PM
Lads,
There is a way how to fix IAW 59f.m3 hw003??
It's magneti Marelli, I opened but manual with make bridges on first posts doesn't match! My one looks bit different inside.
Someone know how to fix this version?

http://images6.fotosik.pl/595/069e4e665a6bdd28m.jpg (http://www.fotosik.pl/showFullSize.php?id=069e4e665a6bdd28)

http://images6.fotosik.pl/595/cb87f6a630c2dbb0m.jpg (http://www.fotosik.pl/showFullSize.php?id=cb87f6a630c2dbb0)

Car is punto 1.2 8v 2001

yellowstilo
1st December, 2011, 07:52 PM
DID ENYBODY NOW HOW MUCH COST DECODER 45 M FROM CELESTE?

Decoder 45M is no longer available, it is replaced by a new tool IDEC 59 , costs 950 euro plus shipping costs.

rossoelab
2nd December, 2011, 07:57 PM
Lads,
There is a way how to fix IAW 59f.m3 hw003??
It's magneti Marelli, I opened but manual with make bridges on first posts doesn't match! My one looks bit different inside.
Someone know how to fix this version?

http://images6.fotosik.pl/595/069e4e665a6bdd28m.jpg (http://www.fotosik.pl/showFullSize.php?id=069e4e665a6bdd28)

http://images6.fotosik.pl/595/cb87f6a630c2dbb0m.jpg (http://www.fotosik.pl/showFullSize.php?id=cb87f6a630c2dbb0)

does not open in this way
See the instructions carefully
better to replace than repair these ECU, this is my opinion

Car is punto 1.2 8v 2001

does not open in this way
See the instructions carefully
better to replace than repair these ECU, this is my opinion

cheester
4th December, 2011, 10:57 PM
Rossoelab this is just foto example with the same HW003 number, I opened my one in proper way (cut around) but everything looks ok inside and in this model (HW003) is fitted Motorola proc and this is the problem.
Im looking now to buy spare one for swap. I heard hw303 can be used instead of hw003 and will be fine. Just do few high revs for adaptation and working well.
Is that truth?

Rossoelab did u take immo off when you swap this ECU?

Puntic
28th December, 2015, 09:18 PM
Hello, I have the same problem with my Punto 1.2 8V. Where can I get a repair manual for ECU computer?

yellowstilo
29th December, 2015, 08:21 AM
Hello, I have the same problem with my Punto 1.2 8V. Where can I get a repair manual for ECU computer?

Save yourself a lot of trouble, just replace it with a virginised used one....

sunxemx
31st December, 2015, 11:19 AM
Today you can get a cheap virginised ECU which is plug and play from ebay,not worth repairing or buying software.