PDA

View Full Version : 2006 jagaur x type 2.2 d egr removal from ecu please

dhallett1
23rd September, 2018, 07:09 PM
Hi

I have a temperamental egr fault on my dads xtype jag. I have read the ecu and would like some help to switch off the egr please?

I do have winols but I have no experience using it or with engine maps so I figured it be best to upload the original file on here and get some help.

if we can get a map for more power at the same time then great but really I just need the egr switching off, the car doesn't have a dpf.

thanks in advance

vrsho
23rd September, 2018, 07:19 PM
Here you go.

dhallett1
23rd September, 2018, 08:07 PM
thank you for the quick reply, can I ask which part of the map was changed?

I had a look using winols and thought that from 69440 was the address for the egr?
I ran the file through 2017 professional egr remover software and checked the differences in the original and the new file generated and the 2d graph from address 69440 had now changed to level (if this makes sense lol)

anyway, do I need to calculate the checksum on the file you sent me? when I used the egr software it said to re calculate the checksum? I am unsure what to do, do I just run it through winols and save it once it sorts the checksum out?

sorry for all the questions I am just trying to figure this stuff out so I can do it without help in the future.

vrsho
23rd September, 2018, 08:10 PM
The file is also done with ADS EGR Remover. With which tool do you flash? Most tool do the checksum calculation by itself.

dhallett1
23rd September, 2018, 08:17 PM
yes I used the ads egr remover and came up with a different file?
I used kess v2 to read the ecu and will be flashing it back with the kess as well.

I have checked the file you generated in winols and it shows to be 100% the same as the original but the one I generated with ads egr remover shows 93% the same.

on the one I generated the file had changed to hex 14 for each address from 69440 to 69500 which gives a horizontal flat line in 2d view.

I am not saying that yours is wrong at all I am just trying to learn what is going on to make sure I don't kill my dads ecu.

I have attached the file I generated.

I wasn't sure to trust these quick removal softwares like ads egr remover??

vrsho
23rd September, 2018, 08:37 PM
Thats weird, my file and your file have same Checksums. Check it again.

EGR Should work for DCM3.2.
Better solution is always to do this with Winols. Im not very familiar with winols, you can wait for someone to do a check for you.