28th November, 2009, 05:46 PM
has anyone managed to get the speedams installed on the iphone using tom tom

hi gasman where can i get the speedcams apps from my phone is jailbroken thanks

gasman
28th November, 2009, 05:49 PM
i just wonderd if anybody knows how to do it as i want to know sorry

dell_xps
28th November, 2009, 08:45 PM
I dont think you can add them to the iphone App.
Well saying that I did try with version 1.0,
here's what I did, rename TomTom-UK V1.0.ipa to TomTom-UK V1.0.rar,
next open that in winrar, you'll see 2 folders, one called Payload, and 1 called ItunesArtwork.
Now click on Payload,and then click, Uk Ireland App,scroll down to United Kingdom folder and Republic of Ireland folder,now the safety cams you have downloaded insert them into that folder.
Now put that rar folder back to TomTom-UK V1.0.ipa, upload it to your Iphone and see if it works.
I did this myself but have not got round to trying it, it might work it might not.
The version 1.2 I downloaded has all the dutch speed cams, so I might try and do the same with that version.
Anyway if you try this let us know if it works m8.

gasman
28th November, 2009, 09:31 PM
thanks for that will give it a try will let you know how it goes

gasman
28th November, 2009, 11:09 PM
did what you said but i cant see the cams in map

dell_xps
28th November, 2009, 11:14 PM
did what you said but i cant see the cams in map

Download the speed cams, then just drag them into that folder m8.

gasman
28th November, 2009, 11:24 PM
yes did that i also noticed hat there are tom tom own cams in there already but they dont show on map either i noticed that you can enable
the poi you want to show on map but they are not in the list thanks

dell_xps
28th November, 2009, 11:40 PM
I'll have a look at a version 2 ipa see if there's any way of doing it m8.

gasman
28th November, 2009, 11:43 PM
cheers for that

gasman
29th November, 2009, 02:31 PM
i think there is alater version out now that has the fnction
for arly warnings for pois now

dell_xps
6th December, 2009, 02:42 AM
OK m8 had a go at this earlier on using the 1.2 version, deleted all the dutch cams etc, Western Europe version as I couldn't find a UK 1.2 version.
Anyway same way as before m8, but the speed cams I used this time were the pocket gps ones, I couldn't find bang up to date ones but used the ones I had in my Nokia N95,
guess what, it worked, there's a mobile speed cam sits about a mile from our house, did a demo destination and it showed up no problem.
The only reason it didn't work last time is because TomTom only give you the fixed ones, I'll upload the pocket gps files for you if you want to give it a try.
I'll try this during the day tomorrow to see how I get on, much better with the mobile cameras installed, just hope it alerts you to the cam when approaching it, can see it on the demo but no sound played, so i'll drive past it tomorrow and see if it works for sure, no biggie if we dont get sound, as long as we can see it.