PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in Recovery Mode Loop - HELP ? ?

Ginkman
28th November, 2009, 09:39 PM
I go an iphone 3gs on 3.1.2 and jailbroke it with blackra1n, worked no problem. Then my mate got one and I have jailbroke it for him, but I have a problem with it being stuck in recovery mode loop, everytime it is powered off or rebooted it is stuck and I have to either run blackrain again or do a full restore off iunes.
I am trying evrything I can to get it working, jailbroke, without the recovery mode loop.
I have tried iRecovery tons of times, but no joy, I am not sure if it works with windows, it does go through all the motions and reboots the phone, but it never gets it out of the dreaded recovery loop.

I would really appreciate any help or advise, has anyone managed to solve this problem with a 3.1.2 phone and windows.

cheers. . . . . .

dell_xps
28th November, 2009, 11:22 PM
What happens when you hold the home button in for 30 seconds m8?

Ginkman
29th November, 2009, 11:32 AM
What happens when you hold the home button in for 30 seconds m8?

ya, I have tried that, everything I tried brings it back up in restore mode. Running blackrain again gets it out of restore, which is fine for me, but no good to give to my mate like that.

i Recovery is supposed to fix this, but I have had no luck with it.

anybody know anything about iREB...

dell_xps
29th November, 2009, 12:27 PM
Have you tried putting a custom 3.1.2 firmware on it m8 ?
See if that helps you.

Ginkman
30th November, 2009, 12:05 PM
never tried a custom OS, very new to iphones.
might try as a last resort.
I have reinstalled official 3.1.2 and it works fine, but when I jailbreak it again it is back to recovery mode loop.
I don't think this is fixable.
If anybody does know a fix, please let me know.

I have spent a week googling this without a solution.
There are a lot of people in this situation now so hopefully some genius will make a fix for it.

For now all I can do is run Blackra1n everytime it gets stuck

dell_xps
30th November, 2009, 06:28 PM
Try custom firmware m8, worth a go.

pawliukazz
1st December, 2009, 03:34 PM
I know that problem for 3gs. you can't solve this problem as mutch as i know. but you should try custom firmware or downgrade if you have a chance noone tried or posted if it works. did you try to jailbrake it with other software than the blackra1n? coz blackra1n with iphone 3g works fine for everybody and every 3gs has the same problem as yours :)

dell_xps
1st December, 2009, 05:19 PM
I've always used custom firmware on my 3GS, never used blacra1n on mine, but I have used blackra1n.
Anyway never had a problem with custom firmware and unlocking it, or locking up or switching off etc.

pawliukazz
1st December, 2009, 05:31 PM
I think i got it :D probably (90% i'm sure) it's because of OS 3.1.2. I read some comments on youtube. so custom firmware will help ;) cheers :D

marcomaher
18th December, 2009, 10:10 PM
hello
Also i have the same problem, so could you telling me any thing if you got the soluation my mail is marco.gerges@yahoo.com
also i promise you when i got the soluation i will send it to you
please need helping for this problem because i tried many methods and no results
thank you for all
Marco