PDA

View Full Version : Seat 1,9 TDI ASV ECU replacement 038 906 018 FB

rafisoltys
29th September, 2018, 10:13 PM
Hi,

Could you tell me what is difference between ECU 038 906 018 FB and 038 906 018 BM or another letter such as BL, FS ??

Could i replace first one by another letter sufix ??

I tried to modify this ecu by replacing 2 pcs MEMORY. I suppose i destroy this ecu becouse after reconnect to car from BOX under steering wheel hear some kind of buzzing and engine dont turn on.

It is no communication with ecu (diagnostic dont work) i think it may be problem with COLD SOLDER joint but i set 350 *C on hotair. I checked all connection with memory and it is ok.

How can i do (how i must copy) to replace FB ecu by BM, BL or another ?

Aivis3
29th September, 2018, 10:40 PM
Replace or reprogramm 3x chips

rafisoltys
29th September, 2018, 10:48 PM
No matter what letter the controller has?

raceshadow
29th September, 2018, 10:51 PM
Hi,

Could you tell me what is difference between ECU 038 906 018 FB and 038 906 018 BM or another letter such as BL, FS ??

Could i replace first one by another letter sufix ??

I tried to modify this ecu by replacing 2 pcs MEMORY. I suppose i destroy this ecu becouse after reconnect to car from BOX under steering wheel hear some kind of buzzing and engine dont turn on.

It is no communication with ecu (diagnostic dont work) i think it may be problem with COLD SOLDER joint but i set 350 *C on hotair. I checked all connection with memory and it is ok.

How can i do (how i must copy) to replace FB ecu by BM, BL or another ?

What type of chips did you use? Maybe you've been able to destroy some pieces of data inside the chip with a lot of heat. I use hot air when removing the chips. But when I put the chips back, I use the solder.

rafisoltys
30th September, 2018, 08:13 AM
Firstly i use plcc32 socket and put ori eeprom. When i try to start engine symptoms are the same ( buzzing frow box under steering wheel like as very fast switching of relay and rev metter shows about 1000 rpm after ignition on).

I use 2 pcs AM29F010 to replace ori 2pcs 27FXXX (or some kind as it becouse i dont remember what typ was there)

I need to buy new ecu and my question is could i get new one with another letter sign or one must i find with exactly the same description ??

raceshadow
30th September, 2018, 10:05 AM
Firstly i use plcc32 socket and put ori eeprom. When i try to start engine symptoms are the same ( buzzing frow box under steering wheel like as very fast switching of relay and rev metter shows about 1000 rpm after ignition on).

I use 2 pcs AM29F010 to replace ori 2pcs 27FXXX (or some kind as it becouse i dont remember what typ was there)

I need to buy new ecu and my question is could i get new one with another letter sign or one must i find with exactly the same description ??

You can use an ECU with another letter at the end. HW should be the same. But you have to do immo off or copy data from immo.

rafisoltys
30th September, 2018, 11:04 AM
You can use an ECU with another letter at the end. HW should be the same. But you have to do immo off or copy data from immo.

Immo data is in DIP8 chip ??

raceshadow
30th September, 2018, 08:48 PM
Immo data is in DIP8 chip ??

Look to picture from Aivis3. Yes is DIP8.