PDA

View Full Version : Siemens PPD 1.2 reading problem

ovidiumarin
30th September, 2018, 10:25 PM
Hello! I have a Siemens PPD 1.2 ECU from a Skoda Octavia. I tried to read it with kess and I get the 'security code not ready' message. The ECU is already tuned. I think it's OBD locked read. Can somebody help me ?

Happy786786
30th September, 2018, 11:27 PM
Which tool are you reading with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ovidiumarin
30th September, 2018, 11:48 PM
I use kess v2.

vrsho
30th September, 2018, 11:59 PM
Hello! I have a Siemens PPD 1.2 ECU from a Skoda Octavia. I tried to read it with kess and I get the 'security code not ready' message. The ECU is already tuned. I think it's OBD locked read. Can somebody help me ?

Read it through BDM with K-Tag or Galletto.

ovidiumarin
4th October, 2018, 01:53 PM
So i have read the ECU through BDM. I have 2 ECUs, 1 original and 1 tuned. The hardware number is the same but the software number is different. Can I upload the dump from the tuned ECU to the original one ? Or I have to do some modifications. If yes , what should I change ? I will attach photos from ECUs. The one with AF is the tuned one.

TuningInside83
4th October, 2018, 04:26 PM
Attach the original file and the edited file

morgano
4th October, 2018, 05:25 PM
If hw number is same you can put full backup from one ecu to the other without problem.

ovidiumarin
4th October, 2018, 09:29 PM
Problem solved. I uploaded the eeprom dump from original ECU to the tuned one. And I installed the tuned ECU on the car. Thank you for your replies. If someone need damos for this ECU tell me.

ovidiumarin
17th October, 2018, 09:17 AM
If hw number is same you can put full backup from one ecu to the other without problem.

Sorry for double posting. Can I copy the tuned file to an ECU if the hardware number is different ? (The last two digits)

Frpe82
8th November, 2018, 10:22 AM
Problem solved. I uploaded the eeprom dump from original ECU to the tuned one. And I installed the tuned ECU on the car. Thank you for your replies. If someone need damos for this ECU tell me.
Yes please. That would be very nice.

12manux
2nd November, 2019, 07:54 AM
What mods has the software? If you did dpf job i d like to get the damos :)