PDA

View Full Version : sb4200 modem not locking online after power cut lease help guys .

gsim
31st August, 2008, 03:55 PM
hi all i have got a motorolla sb4200 cable modem . and i just had a power cut . and now it's not locking online. the online led is just blinking . please can someone advise me on what i could try to fix it. please

thanks graeme

caveman_nige
31st August, 2008, 04:01 PM
Have u tried re flashing the firmware etc?

gsim
31st August, 2008, 04:06 PM
no m8. i did not wanna do that . as have never done this modem before. and my m8 did it for me the last time. the modem is cuming on . but the online led is just blinking. i did not wanna try and flash my self incase i muck it up even more m8. and i am not sure on how to put in the mac 'ect agen as well. do u think if i reset the modem from the config page it would help. ?

thanks graeme

krazylegz
31st August, 2008, 04:11 PM
sometime they can take up to 10mins to get back online graeme m8

gsim
31st August, 2008, 05:26 PM
ok m8. i'll leave it pluged it . and see what hap. and i'll re post in 30 mins to let you's know if it's cum back online

thanks graeme

<--gsim added 21 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...-->

hi guys i left it on for like 20 mins or so. and when i turn it on it takes about 5 mins for all the lights to cum on. apart from the online led . that just blinks all the time. the modem dose that for about 5 mins. then goes off and only the power led is solid and the receive led just blinks . please can anyone help me out .

thanks graeme

<--gsim added 47 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...-->

hi guys i can get into the config page on the moden. i tryed to reboot the modem to see if that would help. but it did not help. it just dose the same as my last post. it's running FiberCoax firmware on it if that make and dif to anything ? and i took some screen shots of the pages on the config pages as well. but i am not sure waht i am looking for with it. it just says on the config manager page. establish ip connectivity using dhcp. [in progress] then it just goes back it saying failed.

thanks gsim

krazylegz
31st August, 2008, 06:00 PM
chances are you'll need a new mac graeme m8 but i've never done a 4200 so cant say anymore m8....sorrt

gsim
31st August, 2008, 06:57 PM
ok m8 no probs. is there nothing else i can try ? thats easy cos i am not sure on this modem. as m8 m8 did it for me before. the modem was working fine last night. then i had a power cut this morning . and it went off since then. got power back quite quick thow modem still never cum back online . its running FiberCoax fireware on it and i have never even heard of it never mind know how to fix it m8. please can someone help me out . as i have no net . and i am at my friends bit using his net just now. i have got screen shot of the pages on the modem if u want me to send them ?

thanks graeme

<--gsim added 46 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...-->

forgot to say i went in to try and change the mac on the modem. and i cant see anywhere to type it into on any of the pages. its got Software Version: SB4200-FIBERWARE-V9F4
Hardware Version: 1
MIB Version: II
GUI Version: 1.0
VxWorks Version: 5.3

thanks graeme

gsim
3rd September, 2008, 06:48 PM
hi guys i man to get it working it was the blody mac.

anyway guys thanks for all you help on this

gsim

Haykalmdownfella
13th November, 2008, 10:26 AM
Having the same problem did you ever get it fixed?

Throttle
13th November, 2008, 10:03 PM
Yea he mentioned it was the Mac so you want to try a new Mac to fix it or check the Broadband Status in your area just incase its your area thats got a connection problem and not just your connection :top:

harpgtrguy
24th February, 2009, 10:17 PM
Another question. Can someone post a link on how to flash the firmware on a sb4200. TIA