PDA

View Full Version : eurovox tx

bobstack
31st August, 2008, 05:02 PM
hi i have a question for smirnoff rules will will ufl max kuro 3 18408 work with eurovox tx in ireland my box was supplied unflashed in error dont want to waste time sending it back regards bob ps maybe you have a better idea

smirnoff_rules
31st August, 2008, 08:51 PM
u have to install the right firmware .. l have added to downloads for u

from wot l have read the boxes r shite m8 ,., big problem getting software on it .. as this guys says and his a dealer by the look of it

I'm SLOWLY managing to get these boxes reflashed with the correct software - Here's some observations:
THESE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE TRYING TO REFLASH THE BOX WITH THE 23_11_07 SOFTWARE BUT THE SYSTEM INFO STILL TELLS YOU THAT 11_11_07 IS LOADED.

When flashing if the display on the box says "UAdL" - it ain't gonna happen!

If the loader fails to enter a writing phase after downloading - or the writing phase is only a few seconds - it ain't gonna happen!

If the display shows ascending numerals while downloading - you're getting there!

If the loader enters a writing phase (with the display showing "96" or similar) and the writing phase lasts for 30 or more seconds - looking good!

Connect the box to a TV and check that the system info says 23_11_07
If so you're in business.

Just cause a box doesn't reflash first time don't worry, over the last couple of hours I've got seven to reflash - sometime it took many, many attempts!!!

What we need is new SW and loader

<--smirnoff_rules added 37 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...-->

lm sure these boxes dont work theres talk about Irish users using the MMDS (mesh aerial system) ..

satsmo
1st September, 2008, 11:58 AM
One or two TX suffer from download problems. But the majority will flash fine with the 231107 firmware. If you do have a problem there is a CHDL firmware fix for problem boxes.

I presume you are on Chorus MMDS?

smirnoff_rules
1st September, 2008, 03:09 PM
it thats the date to software was made 231107 didnt they get hit in april ?

satsmo
1st September, 2008, 03:57 PM
All DVB C boxes were hit. The TX is for Chorus MMDS, they use a DVB T variant, hence why they were not affected. NTL MMDS systems were as they use a DVB C variant.

Thinking back later versions of the Starview, (The Box) were also unaffected.

hopper28
1st October, 2008, 10:08 PM
Looks like their going to be hit now, at present a new channel Paramount +1 cannot be scanned into TX box, also another few channels are starting to breakup.

satsmo
1st October, 2008, 11:49 PM
New channel is only on cable and not MMDS. If a TP has moved you need to do a factory reset and rescan.