PDA

View Full Version : ECU Backup&Copy + Tuning E61 530D

martin28bln
9th October, 2018, 09:22 AM
Hello everybody,

I am currently dealing with the subject "tuning" matter technically and have some issues in mind. Certain tools / software are available or ordered (Kess V2).

What is the risk of flashing via ODB? Can the flash be aborted and it is no longer possible to enter via OBD? - with the consequence of a necessary BDM Flash?

My idea would be to get a MSG from the scrap and proceed as follows:

1. Backup ECU of my car via BDM completely (which tool would be best?, Kess V2 can´t do this I think)

2. Flashing this file on the 2nd MSG -> check in the vehicle if car is running -> so I would have generated my spare ecu

3. everything else is now done via ODB directly in the vehicle with the 2nd control unit

4. would the 2nd control unit run on my vehicle? (CAS, EWS etc. is copied or not?)

5. What should I pay attention for buying the spare ecu (HW / SW number)?

Mine has the following data:
BMW 530 D
HW: 0281013500
SW: 1037387658
SW Upgradenr: 07811723
EDC16CP35 KWP

I would assume, I can take each control unit starting from year 9/2005 until end LCI (530d machine)? Or are there differences here?

6. Could one align with the data of a 535d when adjusting the torque, boost pressure, and injection quantity maps?

Maybe that sounds a bit strange, but I just want to try that only because of interest and learning this topic. The idea with the second control unit is just in case I bury something and the car is not running.

Thanks & Greetings

dominik.m
9th October, 2018, 08:18 PM
If this possible. The best is read Ecu with BDM. This 100% guarantee on behaviour of the ori file .
This is basic answer how to safely read and write ECU.
On the rest of questions someone can it will help You.

johannes87
9th October, 2018, 08:23 PM
check the part number from your ecu and all other part numbers which are changing from time to time. you can use the etk and see old and new part number. all of them can be used. with one alone will not work. you need eeprom and flash. this you can read just with bdm. so you need ktag for example. ews. vin etc . is at the eeprom. with kess you read just flash

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk

rh03
9th October, 2018, 08:37 PM
Hello, for bdm backup, use ktag, but with edc16 bmw you can't do clone ecu, and just a limited number of persons can do immo off on this ecu because there is immo rolling code, on the other hand, you can write your backup on other similar ecu with same HW/SW, but every ecu swapping, you need to synchro cas/dde.

Also, don't try to make a tune based on 535d datas, it's not the good solution.

johannes87
9th October, 2018, 08:39 PM
Hello, for bdm backup, use ktag, but with edc16 bmw you can't do clone ecu, and just a limited number of persons can do immo off on this ecu because there is immo rolling code, on the other hand, you can write your backup on other similar ecu with same HW/SW, but every ecu swapping, you need to synchro cas/dde.

Also, don't try to make a tune based on 535d datas, it's not the good solution.so you can clone. but have to sync with INPA after swap ecu.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk

martin28bln
9th October, 2018, 10:20 PM
Hey guys,

first thanks for your comments. That is what I expected. But did I understood it right when a make a clone ECU the only thing I have to do is to do a CAS/DME sync via Inpa? I think that should not be the problem. I´m right?
Why must the ECU have same SW-Nr.? I think thats the only Version which was delivered at the time where the car is produced. Should it not be enough to have same HW number for same car type? I will flash my SW to the ECU so the SW-Version is different.

I don´t want to use exactly the maps. But I can look in these maps for example which injectionmass is necessary for which moment and which airpressure I will need to have same lambda as 535d. My idea would be just to look from 500-600Nm which values the 535d have and apply a bit less for example 570Nm with the fuelratio for that. I know 35d can do ealier turboboost so the increased boost should come later in my car.
Perhaps I´m not right but for me that are my assumptions at the moment.

For BDM read/flash I also looked for hardware. Ist Ktag the best and easiest way? What is with BDM100 from China?

johannes87
10th October, 2018, 09:56 AM
Hi,
thats right. You dont neet the same SW Number. Its okay if its the same Bosch Number, Same BMW PartNumber or one of the BMW Parts number before or after. So HW and SW dont have tobe the same!
BDM100 works also.

martin28bln
12th October, 2018, 01:05 PM
Thanks for your support. I bought a second ECU which will fit for my model. When I receive this i will clone my ECU and check if it´s working. My Kess from China is also on the way and I hope I can read my flash via OBD with this. Writing I´ll wait until I have a Backup which can run the car ;-)

martin28bln
24th October, 2018, 10:20 PM
Hey guys,

I received my kess and read ecu now. I can´t find a damos/a2l which fits to my file. Can anybody send me one for support? Would be great! I attached my readout:

I will do pictures of my kess soon. Readout was done with no malfunctions but needs round about 30 minutes.

martin28bln
25th October, 2018, 06:39 PM
Push and help please