PDA

View Full Version : Newbie learning ! If you have time come to answer my "questions" Apreciate

shiumpo
10th October, 2018, 09:36 AM
Hello guys, just a newbie here, trying to learn how to work with winOls and etc.

Situation 1 # :crushed:
I have a remapped Peugeot 307 1.6HDI 80KW to around 100Kw, its with dpf off and egr off. It has EDC16C3 ECU.
I posted the file here on the forum, that someone would add a popcorn rev limiter, but then when I went to flash it, I got checksum error on mpps and kess. Why is it so?
Then when I asked why is it so, some guy told me that I need original file.
Okay, let's say I only want a popcorn limiter to my tuned file from my car, I need to do all over again from a stock original file?
Okay, then lets say i get the original file from some unknown dude, and it says its original EDC16C3 file. Ok, now what? Let's say its true, then do I have to do all the mapping again on the original file? like dpf, egr, power map, and also popcorn into it ? and my tuned file from my car is useless right? But lets say how can I save my old tuned file, copy the changes to original and also add popcorn limiter ( hard cut)?

Situation 2# :mad-new:
Is with ECM titanium, when I try to open my Tuned file from my car that I got, it doesn't find the driver automatically, then the only driver which worked was edc16c0, but it showed 65555 or something like that numbers... so I guess its a bad driver... So, in conclusion, how do I know which is the correct driver? and how can I get the drivers I need. (Of course, Ecm is not genuine, I'm still a student and can`t afford original yet).

Situation3 # :dancing:
What's the difference between getting the map in and out via OBD2 and bench flash? I got all the adapters to bench flash it with my Ktag, but never tried, just want to know, and what other the reasons are to use bench flash than the obd2?

Situation 4 # :moon:
How to know if let's say my mapped file will work correctly with my car and I can flash it without any fear ( like checksums or some kind of other things )
And also how to know if my map file that I got from my car is without any errors? So I wouldn't end up editing a bad file and then flashing back and ruining my ecu.

Situation 5# :coat:
Let's say if I screw up my ecu with my mapped file, and I want to flash back original, what other problems may occur like immo and etc ?

Situation 6# :2in1:
For example, i have EDC 16 C3 ECU, on my Peugeot tunned. And I want it to be in original state (let's say, I made egr working mechanically and dpf again ) and I want it to be back to an original state without any power map and etc. Can I just flash an original EDC16C3 file found on the internet to my Peugeot without any worries? (Like immo and etc.)

Question 7#
Guys do all of you do DPF OFF AND EGR OFF using winols? or just some kind of software you use to turn it off like ECUSAFE and etc?

Question 8#
How did you learn to identify maps? and what to do if let's say i find 3 or 2 drivers wish maps or egr`s ? which one should i edit ?

Question9#
I tried to get the map from golf 4 1998. Edc15v. But couldnt, with kess i got wake up error and with mpps i got also an error. Is there some kind of trick ? Or only possible by bench?

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR EVERYONE WHO ANSWERS! I will also not forget to thank you!

I will edit the thread if more stupid questions come up to my mind!

Have a nice day everyone !

moky
10th October, 2018, 04:45 PM
Someone have time? (Up) !!!

tirex5
10th October, 2018, 05:04 PM
bro use Google , You can find all the answers in google like:

http://www.tuneserv.co.za/Introduction%20to%20Reprogramming.pdf

https://sites.google.com/site/vagecumap/

shiumpo
10th October, 2018, 06:05 PM
bro use Google , You can find all the answers in google like:

http://www.tuneserv.co.za/Introduction%20to%20Reprogramming.pdf

https://sites.google.com/site/vagecumap/

Use google you say, huh, i know dude , but lets say im studying on my own car, its edc16c3. i checked out this PDF you dropped me , its pretty useful, and im thankful. but tried to look for these adresses in my map, could find em :/
I also have the video of vagecumap, about edc16 map findings, but too bad, mine edc16c3 is different ?

Check out by yourself mate.

Pyromaniak
10th October, 2018, 07:05 PM
Tuning is a neverending learning :manutop:

If you want to checksum, you need your original file to compute checksum (or working file(car starting) from you car)

BR

shiumpo
10th October, 2018, 07:13 PM
Tuning is a neverending learning :manutop:

If you want to checksum, you need your original file to compute checksum (or working file(car starting) from you car)

BR
Okey, but then , why when I try to flash it back to my car ( with added hardcut limiter) it says Flash checksum error on mpps, on kess buffering cheksum error ?
all checksums are corrected in winols ? :/

tirex5
10th October, 2018, 07:32 PM
I only correct your Cheksum now try. I give you this two link to show you what some of the maps look like, but what software is differently located andthe number of these maps can be larger

shiumpo
10th October, 2018, 07:53 PM
I only correct your Cheksum now try. I give you this two link to show you what some of the maps look like, but what software is differently located and the number of these maps can be larger

mate that file was just for example to show that map adresses are not the same as in the pdf the guy dropped here.

this is my original from the car, and i do checksum in winols, but then i just cant flash it back, it says checksum error and thats it. by the way, why does the file from my car come with bad checksum and needs to be corrected ?

jasonrmh
10th October, 2018, 08:00 PM
Hi shiumpo,
I am new also, I do not know the answer to all your questions, but maybe some...

Situation 1 #
I posted the file here on the forum, that someone would add a popcorn rev limiter, but then when I went to flash it, I got checksum error on mpps and kess. Why is it so?

You need to correct the checksum using winols.
Export your modified file to a bin.
Open your original bin file that you read from your car in winols.
Then import your new bin file (you can drag it into winols from windows).
Winols will offer to correct the checksum.
Export the corrected file, the check sum should now be ok, to flash with mpps.

If you have v16 of mpps, it maybe able to correct the checksum for you.

Note that winols will also complain about the checksum of the original, unmodified file, Im not sure why.

Situation 2#
Is with ECM titanium, when I try to open my Tuned file from my car that I got, it doesn't find the driver automatically, then the only driver which worked was edc16c0, but it showed 65555 or something like that numbers... so I guess its a bad driver... So, in conclusion, how do I know which is the correct driver? and how can I get the drivers I need. (Of course, Ecm is not genuine, I'm still a student and can`t afford original yet).

I had difficulty finding the correct driver also.
To help find the correct driver, I used winols to identify the egr map and note its location.
I then opened each driver in ECM (modify, select to see if the location in ecm driver matches.
I eventually found one that matches.

In ECM, maps are named differently. Example, EGR map is called 'Phase of Injection'.

Situation 4 #
How to know if let's say my mapped file will work correctly with my car and I can flash it without any fear ( like checksums or some kind of other things )
And also how to know if my map file that I got from my car is without any errors? So I wouldn't end up editing a bad file and then flashing back and ruining my ecu.

If your car is running ok and you have read the file then I guess you can assume it is a good place to start. Much better than downloading a random file from the internet.
Once modified, you need to ensure checksum is correct before writing file back to car.

Situation 6#
For example, i have EDC 16 C3 ECU, on my Peugeot tunned. And I want it to be in original state (let's say, I made egr working mechanically and dpf again ) and I want it to be back to an original state without any power map and etc. Can I just flash an original EDC16C3 file found on the internet to my Peugeot without any worries? (Like immo and etc.)

I would flash the original file you read from your car, before modifications.

Question 7#
Guys do all of you do DPF OFF AND EGR OFF using winols? or just some kind of software you use to turn it off like ECUSAFE and etc?

Most use WinOls. I guess you could use ECUSafe then read the file in winols to see the difference. It may help learning.

Hope this helps, I am learning also. Lots of questions to be answered!

Thanks
Jason

shiumpo
10th October, 2018, 08:09 PM
Hi shiumpo,
I am new also, I do not know the answer to all your questions, but maybe some...

You need to correct the checksum using winols.
Export your modified file to a bin.
Open your original bin file that you read from your car in winols.
Then import your new bin file (you can drag it into winols from windows).
Winols will offer to correct the checksum.
Export the corrected file, the check sum should now be ok, to flash with mpps.

If you have v16 of mpps, it maybe able to correct the checksum for you.

Note that winols will also complain about the checksum of the original, unmodified file, Im not sure why.

I had difficulty finding the correct driver also.
To help find the correct driver, I used winols to identify the egr map and note its location.
I then opened each driver in ECM (modify, select to see if the location in ecm driver matches.
I eventually found one that matches.

In ECM, maps are named differently. Example, EGR map is called 'Phase of Injection'.

If your car is running ok and you have read the file then I guess you can assume it is a good place to start. Much better than downloading a random file from the internet.
Once modified, you need to ensure checksum is correct before writing file back to car.

I would flash the original file you read from your car, before modifications.

Most use WinOls. I guess you could use ECUSafe then read the file in winols to see the difference. It may help learning.

Hope this helps, I am learning also. Lots of questions to be answered!

Thanks
Jason

Thank you for your time ! it really helped me a bit ! I really apreciate the time u spent on writing !
Still waiting for more people !

tirex5
10th October, 2018, 08:32 PM
And look at this file is an example(your file: Ols. project) that maps from this guide are similar in appearance, not the same but similar. I learned a lot by working out and reading forums.Nobody will give you ready maps.

shiumpo
10th October, 2018, 08:55 PM
And look at this file is an example(your file: Ols. project) that maps from this guide are similar in appearance, not the same but similar. I learned a lot by working out and reading forums.Nobody will give you ready maps.

thax man I apreciate it, yes I know that no one will do maps for me. And I dont want to. But still a lot of question, actually i was looking for torque map exactly, and I really really couldnt find it there

Pyromaniak
11th October, 2018, 12:23 PM
Mpps not correct chks? i have v13 i think here is button for chks.

here on forum is checksum corrector program try it

shiumpo
12th October, 2018, 07:42 PM
up guys ! anyone else to say something here ? !!!

jasonrmh
13th October, 2018, 01:02 PM
Hey Shiumpo,
Have you made any progress?

I have just completed my first flash to the car (EDC16U34) using MPPS v16.
Here are the steps I followed:

Read original file from car with MPPS v16
Open file in WinOLS 2.24 (create new project)
WinOLS will complain about checksum, even though it is an original file.
Identify maps, make modifications (in my case, EGR off).
Save modification history in project. (save project)
Export file (mod file)
Drag mod file into winols (with original file open)
WinOls will correct check sum
Export modified file again (mod file, check sum ok)
Write mod file to car with mpps 16.

For my ECU (EDC16U34, mpps will calculate checksum anyway)

My car still works, so good progress!!

:dancing:

shiumpo
17th October, 2018, 03:28 PM
NEWS, did the checksum correctly, and all that.

I checksumed my original file from my car, then i tried to flash it, and it didint start. then i reflashed the original file without checksum just like it came from my car and it works.

Tried to do checksum to a popcorn map, did it succesfully but couldnt flash it ... it says checksum error, but winols shows no errors ? ... It seems to me that if in my map is something altered and if its with good checksum, I still cant flash it ..

Any ideas guys ? i tried mpps v16 and kess v2, also i have ktag with bdm adapters, but still too afraid to do it, so trying with kess. Please guys any help would be great !

shiumpo
17th October, 2018, 03:29 PM
Hey Shiumpo,
Have you made any progress?

I have just completed my first flash to the car (EDC16U34) using MPPS v16.
Here are the steps I followed:

Read original file from car with MPPS v16
Open file in WinOLS 2.24 (create new project)
WinOLS will complain about checksum, even though it is an original file.
Identify maps, make modifications (in my case, EGR off).
Save modification history in project. (save project)
Export file (mod file)
Drag mod file into winols (with original file open)
WinOls will correct check sum
Export modified file again (mod file, check sum ok)
Write mod file to car with mpps 16.

For my ECU (EDC16U34, mpps will calculate checksum anyway)

My car still works, so good progress!!

:dancing:

Im glad mate that it worked for you, but for me.. Im still strugling.. :D

shiumpo
17th October, 2018, 07:27 PM
up !!!!! please guys im waiting for answers..

shiumpo
4th November, 2018, 09:29 PM
update, my peugeot died.. a old man crashed into me and insurance company paid for the car and its not usable anymore.. now i got an e39 2003 2.5td, will try to learn on it ! but still if someone has encountered such problem please respond because im still curious ! thanks

Qwayke01
12th November, 2018, 11:37 AM
ı want this anwer too ı am like this guys newbie :) how ı remap my car in winols and whats damos?? whats mmps any one answer this question pls :) thanks