:celticparty:

Jose19
1st December, 2009, 02:53 PM
dear all I need dump file for Kia [mobis] Airbag control
95910 07100 ( 13040 )

thank you in advance
:celticparty:
Hi

Read dump file and post here like everyone, maybe we can help.

Jose

eleeinidis
3rd December, 2009, 02:39 PM
please try to help me

catsionson
6th December, 2009, 01:17 PM
Hello All!

I try to find some "how to" information (software, dumps(?), procedures and tooling) for resetting crash data on kia models airbag controllers. What I have to buy etc.

Did I post correctly here?

Thanks

Jose19
6th December, 2009, 05:18 PM
Hello All!

I try to find some "how to" information (software, dumps(?), procedures and tooling) for resetting crash data on kia models airbag controllers. What I have to buy etc.

Did I post correctly here?

Thanks
Hi

Try !!???
I don?t think so !!!
Search again !!!
They are so many " information " aboat that on net .
First you need read all " information " aboat programmers and you will find here in forum.

Jose

catsionson
6th December, 2009, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the criticism Jose, but I would prefer some help instead.

I really try, believe it or not, but being a newbie on these things I am very confused.

I see many "airbag crash data resetter tools" but not for KIA.
Does anyone knows a tool that includes all (?) kia models?

I am also not sure on this:

I understood that there is an EEPROM inside the airbag module that needs to be rewritten . Do I have to unsolder - rewrite and then resolder it?
And if so, this is true for all the tools?
Are there "tools" that work through obd II ?
I saw, for example, tachosoft 6.4 reset tool (not for kia however...). But I didn't understand what is the hardware to come along with it in order to finally flash the eeprom on box? I don't understand the set, the block diagram of the job....

If anyone is willing to help I would be thankful.

Regards to Jose and all!

Jose19
6th December, 2009, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the criticism Jose, but I would prefer some help instead.

I really try, believe it or not, but being a newbie on these things I am very confused.

I see many "airbag crash data resetter tools" but not for KIA.
Does anyone knows a tool that includes all (?) kia models?

I am also not sure on this:

I understood that there is an EEPROM inside the airbag module that needs to be rewritten . Do I have to unsolder - rewrite and then resolder it?
And if so, this is true for all the tools?
Are there "tools" that work through obd II ?
I saw, for example, tachosoft 6.4 reset tool (not for kia however...). But I didn't understand what is the hardware to come along with it in order to finally flash the eeprom on box? I don't understand the set, the block diagram of the job....

If anyone is willing to help I would be thankful.

Regards to Jose and all!
Dear Friend

That job is not so simple to do.
You need frist a little knowledge on electronic.
Only some ecu from Kia have EEP allmost have MCU, on that you have 2 choises read on board or take off.
From OBDII as i know don?t work very well beacause only makes the easy models.
Aboat programmers you have UPA-USB, BEEPROG,M-PROG,ETL,... that is why i tell you for " SEARCHING " so do it again for see what you want to do.
" This is not so simple "

Jose

AvechuchoAxel
9th December, 2009, 06:47 AM
I want to adhere Jose in this one, and add that I've never seen or heard about OBD2 solutions for Kia/Hyundai that really works.
I recommend instead if you plan to do this job, make a lot of googlejob. Out there is not much what you going to find about Kia/Hyundai anyways..
If you plan to work with MCU's, instead regular solder job... get some SOLDER PASTE... is much more easy to work with and more clean. A Hot air desoldering station with nozzles is a MUST HAVE.

Dear Friend

That job is not so simple to do.
You need frist a little knowledge on electronic.
Only some ecu from Kia have EEP allmost have MCU, on that you have 2 choises read on board or take off.
From OBDII as i know don?t work very well beacause only makes the easy models.
Aboat programmers you have UPA-USB, BEEPROG,M-PROG,ETL,... that is why i tell you for " SEARCHING " so do it again for see what you want to do.
" This is not so simple "

Jose

impactops
9th December, 2009, 09:35 AM
If customers new that these were some of the solutions that were being undertaken on there vehicles then taking it to a butcher would be no difference!

catsionson
9th December, 2009, 09:42 AM
I have a Pace desoldering station "sensatemp". I intend to add a tweezers addon for mcu desoldering.
But I would prefer a way to read/write on board!
What is a "Solder Paste"? You mean something like chipquik ????

Jose19
9th December, 2009, 01:32 PM
I have a Pace desoldering station "sensatemp". I intend to add a tweezers addon for mcu desoldering.
But I would prefer a way to read/write on board!
What is a "Solder Paste"? You mean something like chipquik ????
Hi

" Solder Paste " = " Flux " component solder .
Or read this it will help you.
Flux (metallurgy) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flux_(metallurgy)#Soldering)

Jose

catsionson
9th December, 2009, 06:10 PM
OK Jose I know!!!
I figured out that Axel speaks about a special "flux material" (like the chipquik range products)!!
But before solder I need the contents for the memory....
No help so far neither here or googling.

catsionson
10th December, 2009, 09:51 AM
If customers new that these were some of the solutions that were being undertaken on there vehicles then taking it to a butcher would be no difference!

What is this comment about? Kind of self-criticism??? :beer:

Jose19
10th December, 2009, 01:44 PM
What is this comment about? Kind of self-criticism??? :beer:
We already told you what you need, so, what you want more?
We can?t do your job ! Take one pcb and practice, desolder and solder again.

Jose

catsionson
10th December, 2009, 10:50 PM
We already told you what you need, so, what you want more?
We can?t do your job ! Take one pcb and practice, desolder and solder again.

Jose

Jose!!!

1. This "question" was not for you! It was for impactops.
Sorry................... I didn't follow his comment for butchers.

2. You misunderstand my needs! They aren't about metallurgy and solderings. My first soldering job on pcb was back in 1978. (Of course any info is welcomed and I do ask about new materials/tooling/methods! since I belong to the DIP40 IC socket era)

3. "WE already told you....". Sorry this is not a nice attitude, to say the least. I don't think you are authorized to speak in the name of all the members of this excellent forum!

4. I didn't force you to answer my posts. You can just ignore them! Why do you try to stop me from asking?? There are other members here willing to help a newbie. Thats the forums are for, anyway!

5. As I wrote from the very begining my need was for some ABC about the art of "airbag resetting", if you don't mind! When a guy comes with some basic questions in the field of my specialty I don't send him to google with irony! I just try to give him some answers. To give him the "big picture". Or I don't answer him at all if it gets boring for me.

6. Even though I still thank you for the info about programmers.

7. And (last but not least) I would like to tell you that after three days of searching and reading, as a good pupil, I got some clue for whats going on. So... my specific question (for you and everybody). Do you have any KIA airbag control box clear dumps?

Kind regards
Catsionson

Jose19
11th December, 2009, 01:27 AM
No comments!!!!

On my case !! YES, i have on my database neer 2.3Mb of CRASH/CLEAR dump all Tested. From 1995 to 2009 but NOT FOR YOU !!!
Maybe you think i have 19 years old but you are very wrong, maybe i?m more old than you.

And i?m not mad with you, but sad, because you ask for very basic question!!! and you replay me like this!!!

for who work on electronic since 1978.

When i replay you as " WE " is because, we are a family here, help and be helped, and try to give all suport, that?s it.

catsionson
11th December, 2009, 08:27 AM
1. No comments!!!!

2. On my case !! YES, i have on my database neer 2.3Mb of CRASH/CLEAR dump all Tested. From 1995 to 2009 but NOT FOR YOU !!!

3. Maybe you think i have 19 years old but you are very wrong, maybe i?m more old than you.

4. And i?m not mad with you, but sad, because you ask for very basic question!!! and you replay me like this!!!

for who work on electronic since 1978.

5. When i replay you as " WE " is because, we are a family here, help and be helped, and try to give all suport, that?s it.

1 . I do understand your incapacity to comment. You have my deep sympathy about this.

2. I wish you next Christmas to double your database to 4.6MB. Nobody forced you to share anybit of your code with me.

3. Yes maybe.... But maybe not, my boy. And, anyway, dont apologize! Its not a shame to be 19, not an achievement to be 50! (Besides I wish I was 19)

4. No need for madness or sadness. Just ignore my posts. The definition of what a "basic question" is simply does not exist! The basic for you is advanced for the other and vice versa. Browsing the forum I show hundreds of "simple questions" but no rude answers like you do with me!
Besides, even if I make "simple questions" I don't break any forum rule to be treated like this!

5. If this is a "family" behaviour, if this is the way you behave to your "brothers", if this is the concept of "help and support" I would choose orphanhood!!!!

Jose, listen, I am not here to fight with you or with any other forum fellow.
I came here for a little help on my issue. If you don't want to help me that's fine. I wish it was differently but I can live with it! Please leave other people to help and just ignore my posts.

Best Regards
Catsionson

cammy25
11th December, 2009, 08:45 AM
listen catsionson.

He didnt ment it negativ. He is just telling you ,that you should learn the basics. Just read posts and do the calculations in your head.
Because you even couldn't tell us what EEP or MCU is inside the module, its hard for us to show you how.
maybe your question is wrong and you had to ask a question about Eeproms and mcu's in airbag modules.

Myself i dont react on such posts. Just dont have the time to school someone from the beginning. But if you need a clear dump or any question on higher level ,i would be glad to help.

impactops
11th December, 2009, 09:05 AM
The forum needs a newbies section where real basic questions can be asked & also a developers section for modifying software or code to work with other obd adapters
It would eliviate this kind of problem

caveman_nige
11th December, 2009, 09:54 AM
A 'newbies' section is not required... Digital Kaos is about helping and sharing the information with no charge, new guys need to learn from somewhere, you guys all had to get started and learn somehow..

Now it is a fact that reading and using the search facility on the forum will direct you to the relevant info, however on other sections you will see we have written tutorials and made them into 'stickies' (permanent threads in red)) to teach new guys how to get the info from their 'equipment' (whatever it may be) and after they have a basic understanding of what is needed then it makes them provide better questions for them to be assisted by more knowledgable members..

What we do elsewhere is paste in a link to the relevant thread or sticky that the 'new member' needs to read first so that they can then help themselves first.. If any of your guys feel like posting a tutorial like this to help people out that would be great, just tell Smirnoff_rules or Sixpack and they will 'sticky' it.

Now as to this thread, please keep in on track and bear in mind that eleeinidis (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/86017-eleeinidis/) started this thread asking for assistance. Please advise him how to get the info that you require from him, further questions were then asked around the same subject by another member.. If you do not wish to help then leave the thread alone, sending people to the search function is all well and good sometimes but it is just as easy to paste in a link to the relevant info (if it exists here on DK) and is more helpful.

Please take time to be more patient and courteous to new members who do not have the knowledge and experience that you may have.. This thread is not all about links to software apps and getting things done for free it also about learning to help yourselves and pass on the knowledge...

A forum is all about its members...

Happy Christmas everyone...

impactops
11th December, 2009, 10:19 AM
The search function is a joke, 3/4 of the times you get "The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search " and i'm not talking about one word searches either.I have had times where i could've sworn that i remembered reading something about a particular topic and i have recieved the above statement.Now if the criteria is to remember whole sentences out of topics so it could be used in yhe search, then forget it!

The other point is that what cammy25 said will happen, people won't bother posting at all to try & help people.If you have a newbies section then people will automatically know the level of knowledge that the person posting for help is at and therefore be patient in helping them.

If this gets me banned well so be it!

Waynew
4th April, 2012, 06:01 PM
i got a sportage with internal error on airbag module.
can anyone help with ths please?
its a 95910-1f400

delphi sa3103000-00
bosch 407934-4685

thanks