PDA

View Full Version : How to programm second hand Audi key

vincentlv
1st December, 2009, 04:30 PM
Hi, does anyone know how to program a second hand Audi key (IMMOBILISER, TRANSPONDER). I got this senond hand key from ebay which has been used in 2003 Audi A4 (part no. 8z0 433.92 MHz). My car is Audi A3 2001 (part no.40D 433.92 MHz). Need I get a new transponder ?

cheers

erikfrog
1st December, 2009, 05:41 PM
No you have to read pin from im*o and then you can program again both keys. If you have not pin you need for example vag commander to reveal pin and then with this tool or simple vag com program keys.
It takes one minute...

gazzaull22
1st December, 2009, 07:37 PM
No you have to read pin from im*o and then you can program again both keys. If you have not pin you need for example vag commander to reveal pin and then with this tool or simple vag com program keys.
It takes one minute...

You need a new transponder chip inside the flip part of the key, second hand chips will not code into another car, also the codeson the back of the remotes need to match or the second hand one will not code to your car.

OMBRE
1st December, 2009, 08:32 PM
You need a new transponder chip inside the flip part of the key, second hand chips will not code into another car, also the codeson the back of the remotes need to match or the second hand one will not code to your car.

Yes, I've heart same info. You will need new transponder. Something like this:
TRANSPONDER 48 CRYPTO VW SKODA SEAT AUDI (834579288) - Aukcje internetowe Allegro (http://www.allegro.pl/item834579288_transponder_48_crypto_vw_skoda_seat_ audi.html)

A little bit less than 10 euro.

squirrelbandy
5th December, 2009, 01:12 AM
most vehicle locksmiths can unlock most non can id48 chips as long as they are magic 2 and not magic 1.