PDA

View Full Version : dns error

flipdip
1st December, 2009, 08:56 PM
I ve just started to get DNS ERROR 80710104 any idea how to solve it. Thanks

cgscott
1st December, 2009, 10:37 PM
Reset you router.

Also check the network settings are set to automatic on the ps3.

flipdip
1st December, 2009, 10:39 PM
tryed it mate but no joy, thanks anyway

cgscott
1st December, 2009, 11:19 PM
Its only a network issue.

If your wireless may need to move closer to the ps3 as there could be interference. If your hard wire the its most likely a router setting.

If none of the above then contact you ISP and see if there is any issues with your provider.

flipdip
1st December, 2009, 11:28 PM
it shows that ive got 100% but when i go to connect, up comes dns error

ill try hard wireing in the morning

Raven
2nd December, 2009, 02:59 PM
I had this problem last week, except I'd constantly keep getting disconnected after a minute or two and then have trouble reconnecting despite a 100% signal, have you recently changed ISP ? Because what I had to do which solved the problem was to access my router page and change some settings in there in relation to the PS3 - specifically give it a fixed IP, and then I set up the PS3 to auto settings just to copy down the values it used for DNS and things like that, at which point I filled all that in using the manual set up, including the said fixed IP - but for me there was also a setting on my router page for PS3 throughput, basically it's a setting to make sure your router gives your PS3 all the info it requires, so check for something similar on yours, but needless to say I haven't had any problem since I did this. And I don't know anything about networking I'm really a complete novice at it and I was essentially doing this somewhat blind but it only took me an hour to do triple checking my settings and making sure I was still secure and things like that but yeah it was relatively easy so you shouldn't have any problems.

jfish
21st December, 2009, 05:02 PM
I ve just started to get DNS ERROR 80710104 any idea how to solve it. Thanks

This is common problem and if you call Sony up they tend to say its your router or your ISP thats the problem, but its not as I have found this happen on numerious brands of routers and even ISP

Problem is the crap implementation of Sony UPnP on the PS 3 - especially for Media Services

To fix this

1. Start up your PS3....
2. go to Settings --> Network Settings
3. Disable "Media Server Connection"
4. Turn off your PS3
5. Reboot your wireless router.

flipdip
21st December, 2009, 06:37 PM
Bit late mate got a new router got feed up