PDA

View Full Version : Dish size required for PL football on DM800HD

Kamikaze
2nd December, 2009, 01:03 AM
Hi,

I'm totally new to this and am looking to buy the DM800 HD box predominantly to get (hopefully) premier league football in HD. I have read a bit into it on various forums and have read that where I live (Berkshire, SE England) I can get all the 'big 4' games in SD on European channels with a 1m motorised dish but have not been able to find out if this would be sufficient to receive HD channels or even if being HD would effect the size of dish required.

Please can anyone let me know what kind of size of dish would fit the bill for this and also if anyone has experience of the availability of the big 4 games in HD.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

dowlinr
2nd December, 2009, 09:00 PM
HD or not it won't affect reception. I live in Buckinghamshire on the border of Berks and have an 80cm dish. It works fine for all the big 4. If I was going to start again I'd get a 1m as 16e reception is very weak and I can't get some transponders. Also a 1m in your location would probably enable you to go feed hunting. On mine it's a bit flakey.

For 19e/13e/28e/1w/23.5e it's perfect. I get other sats too but hardly ever need them as it's very likely the big 4 are on one of those I mentioned.

westkill
2nd December, 2009, 11:17 PM
im from this area all works ok on me 1,1m dish ;)

1INSTALL.CO.UK
3rd December, 2009, 12:29 AM
Hi,

I'm totally new to this and am looking to buy the DM800 HD box predominantly to get (hopefully) premier league football in HD. I have read a bit into it on various forums and have read that where I live (Berkshire, SE England) I can get all the 'big 4' games in SD on European channels with a 1m motorised dish but have not been able to find out if this would be sufficient to receive HD channels or even if being HD would effect the size of dish required.

Please can anyone let me know what kind of size of dish would fit the bill for this and also if anyone has experience of the availability of the big 4 games in HD.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I live in Reading i use a 90cm motorised with a dm8000hd and i get 90% of games live. never have any problems:thrasher:

dctyper
3rd December, 2009, 01:01 AM
85cm + should be ok

tvadict
3rd December, 2009, 11:31 AM
even a sky mini dish will get you 28.2e , 13e and 19.2e . Its almost a fact that you will get most premier league games on these big 3 satellites.

I started with a 60 CM dish fixed to 13e, then changed to 19.2e, with no reception problems whatsoever using 8000hd

blue boy
4th December, 2009, 12:11 AM
I have recently installed a Fracarro Penta 85cm dish and it out performs my old 1m ISS dish
It will pick up all the sats you will need for PL football ie: 1w, 13e, 16e, 19e and 28.2e
I also think the Fraccaro dish shape is less obtrusive than normal dishes.

Kamikaze
4th December, 2009, 01:07 AM
Thanks for the info all, think I'll look for a good deal on a 85-100cm dish then. Any (other) recommendations on makes/models/retailers of dishes and motors?

Also does anyone know a good UK retailer to get the actual dreambox from? I've seen sites selling the DM800 HD (s) for as little as ?180-?200 but don't know if they're genuine or fake ones.

Cheers

.: JaCkPoT :.
4th December, 2009, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the info all, think I'll look for a good deal on a 85-100cm dish then. Any (other) recommendations on makes/models/retailers of dishes and motors?

Also does anyone know a good UK retailer to get the actual dreambox from? I've seen sites selling the DM800 HD (s) for as little as ?180-?200 but don't know if they're genuine or fake ones.

Cheers

theyre Clones from China!
You will not find a original for under ?350